FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - v HKR 25th August
Re: v HKR 25th August : Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:49 pm  
Probably agreed as it gives us an extra 24 hours from playing Friday & Monday to now Thursday & Monday (Toulouse Play Thursday & Sunday)
Re: v HKR 25th August : Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:59 pm  
I think we have known the Toulouse score prior to our own game on the majority of occasions. The fact we only benefited once away at Castleford is our fault. I don’t think we can complain if on one occasion we are asked to play first. I guess this is indicative of how supporters feel about our chances of being clear by the last game.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:05 am  
Without being too unkind I hope their injury hoodoo continues until after our game … at strength they have a pretty decent team…

Also (and I’m preparing to duck now) has Batchelor been confirmed as a HKR player for 23 yet?? They are announcing some decent NRL talent and when I listened to the Humberside commentary of our away defeat a few weeks ago almost every other comment was about James Batchelor playing his new team mates…
Re: v HKR 25th August : Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:42 am  
Spookisback wrote:
Without being too unkind I hope their injury hoodoo continues until after our game … at strength they have a pretty decent team…

Also (and I’m preparing to duck now) has Batchelor been confirmed as a HKR player for 23 yet?? They are announcing some decent NRL talent and when I listened to the Humberside commentary of our away defeat a few weeks ago almost every other comment was about James Batchelor playing his new team mates…

Considering Batchelors performances and the fact we haven’t announced a new deal I’d say it’s looking more likely that he has gone. It’s not been announced though so we can hold some hope that’s not the case. This could be Pitts last year and Batchelor would finally have his opportunity to be our starting right second row so would be a shame if he wasn’t here next season.

I don’t know why after Batchelor was excellent at Cas in the right SR he was moved back to the middle again. Batch plays well in the middle but has always been a edge second row all his career as can be seen Cas game. Can’t see why we just don’t play him there. Seems to be some obsession with turning players into middles i.e. Pitts and now Batchelor.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:19 pm  
Don't know how many people caught the post-match interview with Danny McGuire after last night's game (where KR have likely lost SKD and Richards to season-ending injuries) but he stated that he doesn't know how he is going to put a squad together for their remaining games due to their injury crisis.
Yeah I know Catalans were supposedly missing 13 starting players last week and that didn't turn out well for us but this is obviously our most winnable game now and could be the one to keep us in Superleague ?? :PRAY: :PRAY:
Re: v HKR 25th August : Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:11 pm  
Spookisback wrote:

Well put it this way, he is out of contract and we have not announced we have given him another. As far as Batch is concerned, i have admired his comitment and attitude considering the circumstances
Re: v HKR 25th August : Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:47 pm  
Our CEO interview with the Guardian does not fill me with confidence. If we survive it looks like another year of struggle financially until the new stadium comes on line to generate income. If we are relegated, I think it will be a part time squad until the stadium comes on line.
I notice he compares us to Wimbledon, I am sure we all know what happened to them upon relegation so not the best analogy.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:19 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Our CEO interview with the Guardian does not fill me with confidence. If we survive it looks like another year of struggle financially until the new stadium comes on line to generate income. If we are relegated, I think it will be a part time squad until the stadium comes on line.
I notice he compares us to Wimbledon, I am sure we all know what happened to them upon relegation so not the best analogy.

Thats all well and good but the club have delivered far too much dross on the playing side for at least three seasons. I know quite a few who have lost interest and no longer go to games. I now see myself going out of habit and not for the enjoyment. Another season like this will erode the support base further and when supporters leave most never return.
I would have thought building a good competitive squad for next season would be the plan . This would enable us to build momentum and enter the new ground phase with positive momentum. Ground developments are irrelevant if no one is interested in watching the team on the pitch.
Re: v HKR 25th August : Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 pm  
FIL wrote:
Don't know how many people caught the post-match interview with Danny McGuire after last night's game (where KR have likely lost SKD and Richards to season-ending injuries) but he stated that he doesn't know how he is going to put a squad together for their remaining games due to their injury crisis.
Yeah I know Catalans were supposedly missing 13 starting players last week and that didn't turn out well for us but this is obviously our most winnable game now and could be the one to keep us in Superleague ?? :PRAY: :PRAY:

That may well depend on who the match officials are on the day. :roll:
Re: v HKR 25th August : Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:44 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
Thats all well and good but the club have delivered far too much dross on the playing side for at least three seasons. I know quite a few who have lost interest and no longer go to games. I now see myself going out of habit and not for the enjoyment. Another season like this will erode the support base further and when supporters leave most never return.
I would have thought building a good competitive squad for next season would be the plan . This would enable us to build momentum and enter the new ground phase with positive momentum. Ground developments are irrelevant if no one is interested in watching the team on the pitch.

Without the ground redevelopment it’s highly likely within the next 2 years we wouldn’t be in SL anymore. Therefore the crowds would have dwindled anyway. Our club has probably exceeded by a country mile, the Super league management patience on the redevelopment promises, and I’m pretty sure IMG will introduce licensing in the near future with stadium facilities a key factor, so it really is the case of now or never on the ground redevelopment.
PreviousNext