FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Loads of effort no ability
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:26 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
I think there is ability, certainley not consistently, however form me its the brains we're missing.

Our halves are like two headless chickens.

Exactly ! there is no one that can read the game and respond to what is happening. For example, It was obvious after the first 15 minutes that we could only be a inch off side and we would get pinged when we had them near their line. It was obvious what the ref was looking to do and a good captain would have been screaming at his players to keep back. However I dont think we managed to hold them to six tackles once throughout the game when we had them in their twenty.

Totally different subject, Fifita looked like he had been on the raz all week he was less than useless today.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:26 pm  
Probably lost in the first 10 minutes. We went 12 down due to mistakes and never recovered.

We were our own worst enemy and it was summed up in the last quarter when Hood made that great tackle and they dropped the ball. That should have been a platform to build on. Instead there was a wild pass thrown to the left, which we got lucky with and won another scrum, then from that scrum it was thrown right to Hall who got dragged into touch. Just really dumb play at that stage. Headless chicken stuff when composure was required.

Catalans really took the mickey at the play of the ball. How many times did they take forever to peel off and how many times did they have a man just sat there while we were trying to play the ball? As soon as we did it the ref called six again.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:30 pm  
King Street Cat wrote:
Probably lost in the first 10 minutes. We went 12 down due to mistakes and never recovered.

We were our own worst enemy and it was summed up in the last quarter when Hood made that great tackle and they dropped the ball. That should have been a platform to build on. Instead there was a wild pass thrown to the left, which we got lucky with and won another scrum, then from that scrum it was thrown right to Hall who got dragged into touch. Just really dumb play at that stage. Headless chicken stuff when composure was required.

Catalans really took the mickey at the play of the ball. How many times did they take forever to peel off and how many times did they have a man just sat there while we were trying to play the ball? As soon as we did it the ref called six again.

Don't like to single players out but Kershaw just stood and watched instead of helping Hall :roll:
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:34 pm  
FIL wrote:
Don't like to single players out but Kershaw just stood and watched instead of helping Hall :roll:


The whole team did. They just stood there with hands on hips showing zero urgency whatsoever. You'd have thought we were 20 points up, not chasing the game.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:37 pm  
vastman wrote:
That’s exactly what I meant we have no nouse and it not just the half backs.

Also Poching is not up to the job. Please explain why anyone in there right mind would tinker with the back line! Why break up a partnership that has done so well this year, sorry but it’s idiotic imho.

As for Lino, one of the worst HB I’ve ever seen at the club, what people see in him is beyond me. He’s not in the same class as Finn or Smith or even Brad Walker. When will we see past the accent!


I don't understand your point about Poaching. Apart from the fact he seems to have kicked your cat, what would you have him do?
The only consistent players are Hall and Murphy. Everyone else is a forced change.
And that backline nearly beat Sts and thrashed Cas.
Can't see your problem.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:45 pm  
Our right edge was gash and we were lucky only three were scored by Yaha. The half backs were crap. The referee was beyond abysmal. All in all,100% what to expect this season from a dis functional group of players.

Let down again as expected.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:46 pm  
With ball in hand we are absolutely abysmal. We should have beat that side by 30 despite their tactics and the corrupt/ useless delete as applicable Grant. Why does Miller not put it on the floor and build pressure instead of catching practice bombs with no chase. Lino is just off the cuff nobody including him knows what's going on. The pack was blamed but is now ripping it up but these halves cannot capitalise. Should have been safe today but the drama continues.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:47 pm  
Have to say the officials were shocking today, Mr Smith on the west touchline in first half once again caned us.
Very demoralising day all round.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:47 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
Khlav Kalash wrote:
I think there is ability, certainley not consistently, however form me its the brains we're missing.

Our halves are like two headless chickens.

Exactly ! there is no one that can read the game and respond to what is happening. For example, It was obvious after the first 15 minutes that we could only be a inch off side and we would get pinged when we had them near their line. It was obvious what the ref was looking to do and a good captain would have been screaming at his players to keep back. However I dont think we managed to hold them to six tackles once throughout the game when we had them in their twenty.

Totally different subject, Fifita looked like he had been on the raz all week he was less than useless today.


Barely noticed Fifita at all today.

Have to agree regarding halves. The three, Miller,Lino, Fifita all rumoured to be going, good, they're stealing a wage.
Re: Loads of effort no ability : Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:53 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I don't understand your point about Poaching. Apart from the fact he seems to have kicked your cat, what would you have him do?
The only consistent players are Hall and Murphy. Everyone else is a forced change.
And that backline nearly beat Sts and thrashed Cas.
Can't see your problem.


Correct so why split up the partnership. Jeez I know your incapable of seeing fault with the club but even in your world disrupting the one bright spot of the season is beyond me.

My point about Poching is simple and obvious. We are a poor team and due to the fact that we are not lacking in efforts suggests the problem lays with the coach. Or has the whole dynamic of how sport works suddenly changed?

It’s a cliché I know but there is a point where the buck stops with the coach.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kettykat and 132 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity