FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Taufua signs
Re: Taufua signs : Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:55 pm  
Wonder when we are going to see kershaw back in the first team ?
Re: Taufua signs : Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:27 pm  
Luppylad wrote:
Mark Applegarth is a quality coach whos done wonders with the youth set up and id say he is far from inexperienced ok he not been around coaching the first team that long but he has coached, his knowledge and how he relays this to his team is second to none

Marks a very one dimensional, coach by numbers formatted coach. What he does he does well but it’s very much to a template!
You need a lot more than that to progress to the head coaches position.
IMO, for his own development he needs to leave for a head coaches role at a League 1 or Championship club
Re: Taufua signs : Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:48 pm  
Don’t get me wrong I really rate Appelgarth as a young coach. What he has achieved with the youth at trinity is nothing short of excellent.

My point was that Poching doesn’t particularly have the option of consulting with his assistants who may have had these experiences and come through them.

I think it’s too late now to change the coaching set up but I really do hope they have a plan of action from now until the season ends to pull us away from the drop.
Re: Taufua signs : Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:36 pm  
The Avenger wrote:
Marks a very one dimensional, coach by numbers formatted coach. What he does he does well but it’s very much to a template!
IMO, for his own development he needs to leave for a head coaches role at a League 1 or Championship club

I go on results as far as coaching goes,last years academy very successful season,collage team unbeaten and reaerves this yer lost one game only and he wasnt there at that not saying he redy to be a head coach yet but he will be one day,FC on the other hand really has he done,
Re: Taufua signs : Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:09 pm  
The Avenger wrote:

That is so wrong.
Re: Taufua signs : Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:44 pm  
The Avenger wrote:

I can't say whether you are right or wrong, but what is it that isn't in the template he works to, that you think he needs to do?
I'm not sure working to a template is such a bad thing.
Re: Taufua signs : Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:29 pm  
I'd give the lottery money for a template!
Previous