RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stats don't lie
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:56 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:56 pm  
Kirmudgeonlyisback Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:28 pm
Posts: 388
Member for 2 years
vastman wrote:
My guess is he needed resting. He's pretty young so two weeks off will have done him some good. Again I have a nagging feeling that all clubs know exactly where they will be next year so are happy to experiment unless they have a real top six chance, which we don't. It's just a feeling I have, I don't have any inside info.

You can only speculate but we wondered the same and also as we are getting to point of offering contracts for next year wondered if Willy was having a look at minns and crofts with a view to that decision
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:13 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:13 pm  

Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 4353
Location: Orange street
Member for 18 years
[quote="Kirmudgeonlyisback"]



You’ve only to look at Lineham to question wether he’s actually a full time professional sports man

/quote]
I can see what you mean but not entirely true. His physique is perfect for a sumo wrestler
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm  

Luppylad wrote:
Luppylad Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm
Posts: 1542
Member for 2 years
vastman wrote:
My guess is he needed resting. He's pretty young so two weeks off will have done him some good. Again I have a nagging feeling that all clubs know exactly where they will be next year so are happy to experiment unless they have a real top six chance, which we don't. It's just a feeling I have, I don't have any inside info.


I would say he picked up injury or unwell minns had initially been selected to play in reserves
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:29 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:29 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35203
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
dboy wrote:
Can you explain what you are eluding to please?


Sure can.

I think there will be a new league structure in place this year or the year after and the teams know where they will be. So long as we don't finish bottom we will be ok.

Again, I'm only speculating and may be a million miles out, I often am :lol: :lol:
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:34 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:34 pm  

Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 4353
Location: Orange street
Member for 18 years
SL1x10 and SL2x10 for year after next is an open secret
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:44 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:44 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35203
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Prince Buster wrote:
SL1x10 and SL2x10 for year after next is an open secret


Yup. I'd speculate that it's between us and Cas who gets the SL1 spot. On performance it's obviously Cas at the moment but on facilities they are about to drop way behind us. So if we perform well next year we have a chance. Hence this year 11th will do just fine, risky though it could be.

Again pure speculation, open secret or not.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:16 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:16 pm  

SMB93 wrote:
SMB93 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sat May 21, 2022 11:31 am
Posts: 8
Member for 1 year
PopTart wrote:
The Salford game is a nightmare to watch whether at the game, highlights or just reading the scoreline.

I don't however buy into the trend that all the players couldn't be bothered or that they are all rubbish or that the coach is rubbish.
I think the stats show us where the problems were quite clearly

Of the 13 tries scored
3 from kicks that could have been fielded, positional play from fullback was key to one, from wing for the others
1 was a well worked overlap that was just a good try
5 were direct one on one missed tackles by Minns
2 were through the gap left by Croft and Lineham
2 imho were referee errors.

When you look at the stats
Minns attempted 20 tackles, missing 5. All led directly to tries
Croft attempted 18 tackles and missed 7.
Most telling for me is Lineham. Attempted 1 tackle and missed it - yet 4 tries were scored on his wing

In the forwards, Butler did not carry the ball once!

However,
Whitbread made 28 tackles and missed none. 8 carries with an average gain of 7 and was unlucky not to score.
Batch made 25 tackles missing none
Pitts made 23 tackles missing none
Hood made 21 tackles missing none.
Fifita made 27 tackles and missed one.

Not everyone on the field was giving up the ghost. Some were working hard and being let down by others.
Clearly we didn't have much ball so the carries were low numbers but to me it was a mix of players trying hard and players just not good enough.
We are clearly not going to beat Wigan but if we can get Hall back and put Batch back to centre (and probably put Max at 1) I think it makes for a much better chance at magic.



Terrible stats. The only stat I don’t feel is a fully fair reflection of the game is Butler. Watching the game, it was clear he was putting himself in positions to receive the ball and make a carry, but nobody bloody passed it to him.

I’d be interested to know what the possession stats were for the period of the time he was on the pitch… also - what were his stats for tackles?
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:24 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:24 pm  
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm
Posts: 4531
Member for 20 years
SMB93 wrote:
Terrible stats. The only stat I don’t feel is a fully fair reflection of the game is Butler. Watching the game, it was clear he was putting himself in positions to receive the ball and make a carry, but nobody bloody passed it to him.

I’d be interested to know what the possession stats were for the period of the time he was on the pitch… also - what were his stats for tackles?


I agree with you I am not sure we had the ball during his first stint as the began wiping the floor with us.
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:25 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:25 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 1918
Member for 10 years
There are stats for Butler on is subject ,Do not seem that good until some one said he was only on field for 15 mins .Talk about putting the boot in before he is given a chance.Same thing happened to Whitbread who now looks one of our more better performer's
Re: Stats don't lie Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:50 pm  
Re: Stats don't lie
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:50 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 4623
Member for 18 years
PopTart wrote:
The Salford game is a nightmare to watch whether at the game, highlights or just reading the scoreline.

I don't however buy into the trend that all the players couldn't be bothered or that they are all rubbish or that the coach is rubbish.
I think the stats show us where the problems were quite clearly

Of the 13 tries scored
3 from kicks that could have been fielded, positional play from fullback was key to one, from wing for the others
1 was a well worked overlap that was just a good try
5 were direct one on one missed tackles by Minns
2 were through the gap left by Croft and Lineham
2 imho were referee errors.

When you look at the stats
Minns attempted 20 tackles, missing 5. All led directly to tries
Croft attempted 18 tackles and missed 7.
Most telling for me is Lineham. Attempted 1 tackle and missed it - yet 4 tries were scored on his wing

In the forwards, Butler did not carry the ball once!

However,
Whitbread made 28 tackles and missed none. 8 carries with an average gain of 7 and was unlucky not to score.
Batch made 25 tackles missing none
Pitts made 23 tackles missing none
Hood made 21 tackles missing none.
Fifita made 27 tackles and missed one.

Not everyone on the field was giving up the ghost. Some were working hard and being let down by others.
Clearly we didn't have much ball so the carries were low numbers but to me it was a mix of players trying hard and players just not good enough.
We are clearly not going to beat Wigan but if we can get Hall back and put Batch back to centre (and probably put Max at 1) I think it makes for a much better chance at magic.


While stats are very good reading it was painfully obvious at the game it was our backs/ centres where the issues were. These stats just back up my thoughts while watching it unfold.

The forwards matched Salford and did their job only to be let down by a few individuals in the backs. For me the forwards did their job. We desperately need Hall back (what happened to him btw?) and Batchelor back to centre. I would give Evans/Kershaw a go on the wing vs Wigan too.

I feel a bit for Croft being a young wakey lad but he looked completely out of his depth as did Minns.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dunkirk Spirit, imwakefieldtillidie, Kingfisher, LG83, REDWHITEANDBLUE, Roverman1, Spookisback, TimmySmith, vastman, Wildthing and 208 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
34m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17666
35m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34987
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
37s
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
44s
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
50s
Stadium and other issues
musson
538
55s
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
58s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34987
1m
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
PopTart
845
1m
Confirmed 2023 squad
Vancouver Le
96
1m
Wire TV
Alffi_7
3
1m
Harry Newman
christopher
6
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
Alffi_7
3
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
TODAY
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
sally cinnam
68
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5361
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1432
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2419
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1319
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1386
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1564
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1974
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1670
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2328
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2324
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2250
England Top Group A With Big W..
1966
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1757
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2898
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2301
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,438 ↑4079,3049,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Leeds
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2022
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sat 19th Nov
WC2022 6 Australia M30-10Samoa M
WWC2022 5 Australia W54-4New Zealand W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
 
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
34m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17666
35m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34987
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
37s
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
44s
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
50s
Stadium and other issues
musson
538
55s
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
58s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34987
1m
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
PopTart
845
1m
Confirmed 2023 squad
Vancouver Le
96
1m
Wire TV
Alffi_7
3
1m
Harry Newman
christopher
6
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
Alffi_7
3
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
TODAY
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
sally cinnam
68
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5361
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1432
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2419
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1319
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1386
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1564
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1974
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1670
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2328
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2324
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2250
England Top Group A With Big W..
1966
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1757
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2898
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2301


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!