FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Totally unacceptable.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6292
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 200717 years199th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 22:1028th Feb 24 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:14 pm  
The game seemed to change with the penalty for double movement. We looked good and in charge, and that would have made it 12-0 and maybe put doubt in Salford's mind. They went upfield, via a second penalty, and scored, and that was it. We just stopped trying.

One of the most inept performances I've seen in a long time. Nothing went right. For Salford, everything they tried seemed to come off.

And when I think of the tries they scored, did we have anyone at full back?
RankPostsTeam
International Star327
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 24 201311 years240th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 21:1824th Apr 24 21:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 pm  
I agree with what you say musson,and Carter and Minards need to have all the staff in first thing in the morning and tell them,in no uncertain terms, that todays performance was totally unacceptable.If there is a problem, perhaps re outgoing players or whatever, it needs sorting now.If they'd have been on piece work today they wouldn't have earned enough to pay for their snap.Useless gits!
(I'll probably be over it within a week) ha!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2037No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 28 20186 years39th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 10:5122nd Apr 24 03:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:58 am  
Well I certainly didn’t see that scoreline coming ,not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined Salford would have been allowed to score that many . I know over the years we’ve had some blow out scores against us and it looks like we still have them in us . Lost for words really ,pity the players don’t have the same pride and passion for the shirt that the fans do .This will certainly hit ticket sales for next week no matter how cheap they are as folk won’t turn out to watch a team like ours when there are far more exciting things going on like majorette baton twirling at summer fairs up and down the district .
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4782
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 200321 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 18:1123rd Apr 24 15:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:46 am  
Slugger McBatt wrote:
The game seemed to change with the penalty for double movement. We looked good and in charge, and that would have made it 12-0 and maybe put doubt in Salford's mind. They went upfield, via a second penalty, and scored, and that was it. We just stopped trying.

One of the most inept performances I've seen in a long time. Nothing went right. For Salford, everything they tried seemed to come off.

And when I think of the tries they scored, did we have anyone at full back?

Best post I have read about the game yesterday. The double movement was right in front of me. I couldn't tell if Whitbread's arm hit the floor I think it was on the second tackle after that as you say we imploded! Salford got all of the luck but we just rolled over.

Prior to the game I thought our pack was stronger than theirs. When I saw the teams with Hall out leaving Croft and Mimms in the centres I thought their back line was superior. They absolutely smashed us matched us in the middle and got the ball out wide through Brodie Croft who destroyed us.
I was really annoyed at the response and actually walked out. The key areas where we are exposed is on the flanks with Lyne Hall and Bill missing we are very weak. Batch has covered well but the reality is he is a forward. Young Croft played for the first time in the first team since the 2020 season I believe.

Usuall Wakefield response to 2 wins to put in a poor display. No doubt next week we will see a better performance but come up short against a rampant Wigan side.

Get Max at full back it's his natural position.
FIL 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4350
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200915 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 21:0824th Apr 24 21:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:57 am  
Kettykat wrote:
Well I certainly didn’t see that scoreline coming ,not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined Salford would have been allowed to score that many . I know over the years we’ve had some blow out scores against us and it looks like we still have them in us . Lost for words really ,pity the players don’t have the same pride and passion for the shirt that the fans do .This will certainly hit ticket sales for next week no matter how cheap they are as folk won’t turn out to watch a team like ours when there are far more exciting things going on like majorette baton twirling at summer fairs up and down the district .

After that performance/result yesterday, I bet some folk wouldn't even come if the club paid them £10 to do so, never mind only charging £10 a ticket !!!
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 21:4424th Apr 24 20:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:35 am  
FIL wrote:
After that performance/result yesterday, I bet some folk wouldn't even come if the club paid them £10 to do so, never mind only charging £10 a ticket !!!

It may not be a popular choice but I would rest up key players for Wigan.

The Magic weekend game is huge for us.

Toulouse have KR at home this week and that is a game they will surely be targeting as a win and I’m sure they will be ramping up the intensity ahead of that clash this week.

Our priority aim this year is to not finish bottom of the pile. To do that beating Toulouse at Magic is one of the biggest games of the season.

I’d rather take a defeat on Sunday and face Toulouse with a fully fit and rested squad as the depth we have and injuries we have sustained means we are struggling when we can’t get fit bodies on the field.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player228No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 23 20204 years222nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 10:4617th Apr 24 20:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:29 am  
I didn’t go yesterday (on holiday) but having now seen the tries and read the comments on here, you don’t have to be Einstein to work out that with our first choice centres out … Salford we’re always going to target this area of the field…
Nor am I going to pick out individuals for criticism, because hopefully, if they are honest with themselves they will be suitably embarrassed by their performance’s..

Trinity are in a difficult situation at the moment we are way down on the cap spend we don’t have a money bags chairman to throw money….. large amounts wasted on expensive Australians I might add….. to keep us challenging for even a mid table finish, so we end up with some players that are not up to the task..
As some of our more sensible posters have mentioned.. we might be able to ease this situation when the new stand and other alterations are completed and we start to generate more income….this hopefully is about a year away, but until then I’m afraid games and barren spells will continue to happen.
After listening to John Minards podcast on trinity heritage you can see that him and Michael Carter both have the best interests of the club at hart… and as a fan I also remain 100% behind the pathway that they take the club down…
John Minards mentioned in his interview about shares he had put into the club… now while I appreciate that we’ as fans are not all flush with cash is this not something that could be looked at? Possibly as a way of bridging the gap between now and the new stand opening…
We all care about the club or we wouldn’t be on here airing our views….
Just putting this out there for discussion …we’re nearly there we just need to hold the line a little longer…because when you look past the results and baron spells the club is moving in the right direction…
RankPostsTeam
International Star5116
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years86th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 01:3024th Apr 24 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:42 am  
Belle Vue wrote:
I didn’t go yesterday (on holiday) but having now seen the tries and read the comments on here, you don’t have to be Einstein to work out that with our first choice centres out … Salford we’re always going to target this area of the field…
Nor am I going to pick out individuals for criticism, because hopefully, if they are honest with themselves they will be suitably embarrassed by their performance’s..

Trinity are in a difficult situation at the moment we are way down on the cap spend we don’t have a money bags chairman to throw money….. large amounts wasted on expensive Australians I might add….. to keep us challenging for even a mid table finish, so we end up with some players that are not up to the task..
As some of our more sensible posters have mentioned.. we might be able to ease this situation when the new stand and other alterations are completed and we start to generate more income….this hopefully is about a year away, but until then I’m afraid games and barren spells will continue to happen.
After listening to John Minards podcast on trinity heritage you can see that him and Michael Carter both have the best interests of the club at hart… and as a fan I also remain 100% behind the pathway that they take the club down…
John Minards mentioned in his interview about shares he had put into the club… now while I appreciate that we’ as fans are not all flush with cash is this not something that could be looked at? Possibly as a way of bridging the gap between now and the new stand opening…
We all care about the club or we wouldn’t be on here airing our views….
Just putting this out there for discussion …we’re nearly there we just need to hold the line a little longer…because when you look past the results and baron spells the club is moving in the right direction…

They would need to have a secondary type of share for supporters because based on the information the actual numbers allocated to each current individual is not that high. This means they have a very high value per share which I doubt or are a mechanism to meet the formation of a limited company. I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35941
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 16:0124th Apr 24 16:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:48 am  
Luton Dreadnought wrote:
Not wrong on another aspect too.

He is definitely from West Hull. Maybe not a supporter, but certainly has a bit of a soft spot for them.

You tan take the man out of Hull, but can you take the Hull out of the man

Not what he said on his podcast, I suggest you listen to it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4550
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 30 200815 years209th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 00:0412th Apr 24 14:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.

Re: Totally unacceptable. : Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:15 pm  
I am away on a short break so didn't go. The comments on the game are very concerning. We're obviously not going to beat Wigan, therefore putting us under immense pressure at the Magic Weekend.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
4m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 9
Jamie101
12m
Wigan academy products