RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - O/T Billy Magoulias
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:24 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:24 pm  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 10658
Member for 15 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Or how desperate you are to back Vastman. It was you who claimed his fact based superiority, I was merely pointing out that as per usual your defence at my expense was wrong again. I think the reason given above suggests a little desperation on your part don’t you.

I back anybody that talks sense which does usually include vastman, I'd back you if you could get past your bitterness towards the club but I'm not holding my breath, it's a forum all the time squire not just when it suits you, and my reply to your post was not in desperation to be on his side but to point out my non agreement with your post, you could have just ignored my post, just like I promise you I will ignore your which will undoubtedly will be on it's way, goodbye.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:17 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:17 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 34065
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Or how desperate you are to back Vastman. It was you who claimed his fact based superiority, I was merely pointing out that as per usual your defence at my expense was wrong again. I think the reason given above suggests a little desperation on your part don’t you.


It's always you and them.

He was an older player with an injury issue when we signed him. If that's not within your parameters then strike off Steve Ella, the point still stands.

For the record sometimes older players work out sometimes they don’t. Ditto younger players and everything in between. It’s a judgement call from people far more qualified than us.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 4010
Member for 8 years
vastman wrote:
It's always you and them.

He was an older player with an injury issue when we signed him. If that's not within your parameters then strike off Steve Ella, the point still stands.

For the record sometimes older players work out sometimes they don’t. Ditto younger players and everything in between. It’s a judgement call from people far more qualified than us.


You are scrambling for a reason but the subject at the time was veteran signings not injury history. With Brough then it would be valid or even Atkins when we resigned him a second time but Steve Ella was just wrong. We shall see if those people far more qualified than us get it correct at the end of this season.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:37 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:37 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 34065
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
You are scrambling for a reason but the subject at the time was veteran signings not injury history. With Brough then it would be valid or even Atkins when we resigned him a second time but Steve Ella was just wrong. We shall see if those people far more qualified than us get it correct at the end of this season.


Is this what you do, lose an argument and use pedantry as your last defence. Must be a hoot in your house at Christmas when the party games start.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 4010
Member for 8 years
vastman wrote:
Is this what you do, lose an argument and use pedantry as your last defence. Must be a hoot in your house at Christmas when the party games start.


I did not lose the argument I was not the one who brought Steve Ella to justify your opinion. I know you just can’t say you are wrong, it is sadly what some now accept as the norm.
If PT is thinking of telling me off don’t worry I have finished safe in the knowledge that despite his protestations he was blatantly wrong and not for the first time.
With regards the player in the topic I actually agreed you cannot assume he would be the same player had he signed for us but unfortunately he didn’t and now he is back at an NRL feeder club, from which I suppose he hopes to get a contract.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:13 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:13 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 34065
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I did not lose the argument I was not the one who brought Steve Ella to justify your opinion. I know you just can’t say you are wrong, it is sadly what some now accept as the norm.
If PT is thinking of telling me off don’t worry I have finished safe in the knowledge that despite his protestations he was blatantly wrong and not for the first time.
With regards the player in the topic I actually agreed you cannot assume he would be the same player had he signed for us but unfortunately he didn’t and now he is back at an NRL feeder club, from which I suppose he hopes to get a contract.


Ok ok have this one on me.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:58 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:58 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 4010
Member for 8 years
Another example I believe in respect of a player being at the correct club is Konrad Hurrell. He has many flaws but these in most cases are covered and he is put into position that best suits his attacking abilities. I think his time at Leeds showed that for them he was just not a good fit.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarnsleyGull, bellycouldtackle, Borderboy, burtonsrlfc, Clearwing, cocker, dboy, Dunkirk Spirit, imwakefieldtillidie, JINJER, Khlav Kalash, Kingfisher, lampyboy, Luppylad, Manuel, nidger, Pat Bateman, poplar cats alive, REDWHITEANDBLUE, Scarlet Pimpernell, The Avenger, trin77, Trojan Horse, Wakefield City and 339 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
24s
Toulouse week
Kevin Turvey
14
1m
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
Frosties.
16
1m
Squad news v Catalans
chissitt
65
3m
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
batleyrhino
122
9m
Fan village
MattyB
22
9m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12232
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
28480
15m
Theres an intruder in the commentary box
RagingBull
5
21m
Catalan last try
Manuel
31
24m
Ellis Longstaff
Pie_Eyter
36
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
9s
Squad news v Catalans
chissitt
65
9s
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
12s
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
23921
16s
Ellis Longstaff
Pie_Eyter
36
24s
Simon Moran
Smiffy27
42
26s
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
Frosties.
16
27s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
The Magic Ra
528
28s
Leeds game all or nothing
Funland Robo
1
43s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
28480
46s
Wigan v Sts discussion
NickyKiss
202
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
TODAY
Paul Sykes 500th game
Maccbull_Big
1
TODAY
Theres an intruder in the commentary box
RagingBull
5
TODAY
Oakes 9 Draw
60sCat
3
TODAY
Salford on Saturday
jools
1
TODAY
Bradford have air conditioning
thickorthin
5
TODAY
Toulouse week
Kevin Turvey
14
TODAY
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
TODAY
Three new signings
Peter Goddar
21
TODAY
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
Frosties.
16
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.35Million +51,973 ↓-379,17234,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Sun 14th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R23
15:00
Wakefield
v
Wigan
 Fri 19th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Hull FC
v
Wakefield
 Thu 25th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R25
19:45
Wakefield
v
Hull KR
 Mon 29th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R26
15:00
St.Helens
v
Wakefield
 Fri 2nd Sep
     Super League XXVII-R27
20:00
Huddersfield
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 11th Aug
SL RND: 23
20:00
Warrington-Toulouse
Fri 12th Aug
SL RND: 23
20:00
Hull KR-Leeds
Sat 13th Aug
SL RND: 23
13:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Mon 15th Aug
CH RND: 23
19:45
York-Bradford
Thu 18th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 19th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Hull FC-Wakefield
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-SAM
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
JAM-IRE
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
NZ-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
SCO-IRE
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-PNG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WAL-Cook I
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-SCO
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-ITA
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
NZ-JAM
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-IRE
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Sun 7th Aug
SL RND: 22 St.Helens20-12Castleford
SL RND: 22 Leeds34-14Salford
SL RND: 22 Wakefield16-20Catalans
CH RND: 22 Bradford48-18Workington
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury10-22York
CH RND: 22 Leigh52-20Barrow
CH RND: 22 Newcastle0-44LondonB
CH RND: 22 Sheffield38-26Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Widnes16-20Featherstone
CH RND: 22 Halifax34-18Batley
L1 RND: 18 Cornwall12-36Crusaders
L1 RND: 18 Doncaster26-20Rochdale
L1 RND: 18 Midlands36-41Oldham
L1 RND: 18 Swinton22-26Keighley
NRL RND: 21 Canterbury14-28NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 21 Wests10-14Newcastle
Sat 6th Aug
L1 RND: 18 LondonS68-18West Wales
NRL RND: 21 Souths48-10NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 21 Canberra6-26Penrith
NRL RND: 21 Cronulla24-18St.George
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 22 982 188 794 42
Featherstone 22 834 380 454 37
Halifax 22 669 358 311 32
Batley 22 638 395 243 32
York 22 539 434 105 30
Barrow 22 569 483 86 29
 
Sheffield 22 579 536 43 20
Widnes 22 492 553 -61 20
Bradford 22 457 544 -87 20
Newcastle 22 497 649 -152 15
LondonB 22 434 580 -146 13
Whitehaven 22 356 774 -418 11
Dewsbury 22 285 776 -491 5
Workington 22 232 913 -681 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 15 669 118 551 30
Crusaders 17 640 308 332 28
Swinton 16 605 263 342 24
Doncaster 16 548 326 222 24
Rochdale 16 588 409 179 22
Hunslet 16 445 364 81 17
 
Oldham 16 443 455 -12 11
LondonS 16 356 579 -223 10
Midlands 16 416 576 -160 8
Cornwall 17 248 716 -468 2
West Wales 17 144 988 -844 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 22 512 276 236 36
Wigan 22 648 395 253 32
Huddersfield 22 493 386 107 29
Catalans 22 457 369 88 28
Castleford 22 479 494 -15 22
Leeds 22 475 436 39 21
 
Salford 22 529 512 17 20
Hull FC 22 424 513 -89 20
Hull KR 22 386 492 -106 20
Warrington 22 432 551 -119 14
Wakefield 22 375 578 -203 12
Toulouse 22 355 563 -208 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 21
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 20 556 303 253 34
NQL Cowboys 20 519 297 222 30
Melbourne 20 614 358 256 28
Cronulla 20 443 330 113 28
Parramatta 20 491 437 54 26
Souths 20 520 412 108 24
Brisbane 20 456 405 51 24
Sydney 20 489 378 111 22
 
Canberra 20 368 401 -33 20
Manly 20 434 442 -8 18
St.George 20 353 487 -134 18
Canterbury 20 338 455 -117 12
Newcastle 20 298 532 -234 12
NZ Warriors 20 324 561 -237 10
Wests 20 302 491 -189 8
Gold Coast 20 322 538 -216 6
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
24s
Toulouse week
Kevin Turvey
14
1m
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
Frosties.
16
1m
Squad news v Catalans
chissitt
65
3m
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
batleyrhino
122
9m
Fan village
MattyB
22
9m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12232
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
28480
15m
Theres an intruder in the commentary box
RagingBull
5
21m
Catalan last try
Manuel
31
24m
Ellis Longstaff
Pie_Eyter
36
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
9s
Squad news v Catalans
chissitt
65
9s
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
12s
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
23921
16s
Ellis Longstaff
Pie_Eyter
36
24s
Simon Moran
Smiffy27
42
26s
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
Frosties.
16
27s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
The Magic Ra
528
28s
Leeds game all or nothing
Funland Robo
1
43s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
28480
46s
Wigan v Sts discussion
NickyKiss
202
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
TODAY
Paul Sykes 500th game
Maccbull_Big
1
TODAY
Theres an intruder in the commentary box
RagingBull
5
TODAY
Oakes 9 Draw
60sCat
3
TODAY
Salford on Saturday
jools
1
TODAY
Bradford have air conditioning
thickorthin
5
TODAY
Toulouse week
Kevin Turvey
14
TODAY
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
TODAY
Three new signings
Peter Goddar
21
TODAY
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
Frosties.
16
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!