RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - O/T Billy Magoulias
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:59 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:59 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 33734
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
phe13 wrote:
Not with a big bump in salary he wouldn't


Why not? Come next season we will probably be free of a few big earners. If this guys good enough why not spend it on him.

I’m sure if Bill isn’t resigned that money could be used for the purpose. It props we’ve been screaming for after all. We have plenty of options in the backs.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 3792
Member for 8 years
vastman wrote:
Why not? Come next season we will probably be free of a few big earners. If this guys good enough why not spend it on him.

I’m sure if Bill isn’t resigned that money could be used for the purpose. It props we’ve been screaming for after all. We have plenty of options in the backs.


If you believe everything you read because we are easy pickings due to the number of times we cry Wolf over how poor we are due to our lack of support. I don’t know how much we earn from sponsorship but I believe we have a good three inch space left on the shirt still available.
I guess the loss of Lino, Miller, TJ, Batchelor, Tanginoa, Fifita, Arona and Bill will save us a fortune but unfortunately we would just waste it in order to boost the bank balance. I will admit I do not possess the positivity some of you have because all I have heard in the last few years is how we spend the least. I would hope by now we would have improved our revenue streams but current comments suggest not. I know we have lost Sky money but so has every other club, it is not unique to us. I expect we have not needed to pay rent on a property we now own and we know that the loan was deferred, so how much did that save us. We have not exactly lavished large chunks of money on the ground with the exception of the floodlights but did the club pay for these.
We are entering if we survive a difficult next season with the possibility of a much weakened squad because who would want to join us with our recent form, knowing that there is a real possibility of relegation. We have had several seasons to turn things around but all we appear to do is weaken the team every year. I know the above is the worst list but how many of us actually believe it won’t happen especially with us requiring a transfer fee for two of them.
I really do hope I am wrong, I do but history is on my side.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:17 pm  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:17 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Behind the Sticks
Member for 4 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
If you believe everything you read because we are easy pickings due to the number of times we cry Wolf over how poor we are due to our lack of support. I don’t know how much we earn from sponsorship but I believe we have a good three inch space left on the shirt still available.
I guess the loss of Lino, Miller, TJ, Batchelor, Tanginoa, Fifita, Arona and Bill will save us a fortune but unfortunately we would just waste it in order to boost the bank balance. I will admit I do not possess the positivity some of you have because all I have heard in the last few years is how we spend the least. I would hope by now we would have improved our revenue streams but current comments suggest not. I know we have lost Sky money but so has every other club, it is not unique to us. I expect we have not needed to pay rent on a property we now own and we know that the loan was deferred, so how much did that save us. We have not exactly lavished large chunks of money on the ground with the exception of the floodlights but did the club pay for these.
We are entering if we survive a difficult next season with the possibility of a much weakened squad because who would want to join us with our recent form, knowing that there is a real possibility of relegation. We have had several seasons to turn things around but all we appear to do is weaken the team every year. I know the above is the worst list but how many of us actually believe it won’t happen especially with us requiring a transfer fee for two of them.
I really do hope I am wrong, I do but history is on my side.


Understatement of the Century...... :roll:
And is history on your side - especially with the spending ability.....
We're all Trin aren't we?
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:14 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:14 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 3792
Member for 8 years
BarnsleyGull wrote:
Understatement of the Century...... :roll:
And is history on your side - especially with the spending ability.....


You are correct but it doesn’t make the points I raise any less valid or do you think we have progressed on the field over the last few seasons and if not then why.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:58 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:58 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 33734
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
If you believe everything you read because we are easy pickings due to the number of times we cry Wolf over how poor we are due to our lack of support. I don’t know how much we earn from sponsorship but I believe we have a good three inch space left on the shirt still available.
I guess the loss of Lino, Miller, TJ, Batchelor, Tanginoa, Fifita, Arona and Bill will save us a fortune but unfortunately we would just waste it in order to boost the bank balance. I will admit I do not possess the positivity some of you have because all I have heard in the last few years is how we spend the least. I would hope by now we would have improved our revenue streams but current comments suggest not. I know we have lost Sky money but so has every other club, it is not unique to us. I expect we have not needed to pay rent on a property we now own and we know that the loan was deferred, so how much did that save us. We have not exactly lavished large chunks of money on the ground with the exception of the floodlights but did the club pay for these.
We are entering if we survive a difficult next season with the possibility of a much weakened squad because who would want to join us with our recent form, knowing that there is a real possibility of relegation. We have had several seasons to turn things around but all we appear to do is weaken the team every year. I know the above is the worst list but how many of us actually believe it won’t happen especially with us requiring a transfer fee for two of them.
I really do hope I am wrong, I do but history is on my side.


I love the way you dress up speculation as fact.

Every year you and others adopt this mantra and every year nobody leaves.

You have no actual idea if any of the players you mention are going anywhere, your just repeating gossip. Some may be but you don’t know that. Teams get rebuilt by new coaches and ours is probably overdue.

Yet somehow we have not lost a major player in years and that includes Academy players.

Why? Because we are not the most skint club in SL or the one bogged down with huge contracts.

Smart clubs like us and Leeds have been cutting our cloth for years others have not. That adjustment or lack of is about to come home.

There are at least four SL that I know of who are more or less insolvent. Only saved by wealthy backers. However the current financial situation will soon see the banks adopt a more rigid stance.

Watch this space and see these speculative clubs you so love fall one by one.

So you don’t need to pretend to hope you’re wrong, you just are.
Last edited by vastman on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:15 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:15 am  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 10522
Member for 15 years
vastman wrote:
I love the way you dress up speculation as fact.

Every year you and others adopt this mantra and every year nobody leaves.

You have no actual idea if any of the players you mention are going anywhere, your just repeating gossip. Some may be but you don’t know that. Teams get rebuilt by new coaches and ours is probably overdue.

Yet somehow we have not lost a major player in years and that includes Academy players.

Why? Because we are not the most skint club in SL or the one bogged down with huge contracts.

Smart clubs like us and Leeds have been cutting our cloth for years others have not. That adjustment or lack of is about to come home.

There are at least four SL that I know of who are more or less insolvent. Only saved by wealthy backers. However the current financial situation will soon see the banks adopt a more rigid stance.

Watch this space and see theses speculative clubs you so love fall one by one.

So you don’t need to present to hope you’re wrong, you just are.

Too factual for one or two to comprehend, and those that don't want to believe you as well.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 3792
Member for 8 years
vastman wrote:
I love the way you dress up speculation as fact.

Every year you and others adopt this mantra and every year nobody leaves.

You have no actual idea if any of the players you mention are going anywhere, your just repeating gossip. Some may be but you don’t know that. Teams get rebuilt by new coaches and ours is probably overdue.

Yet somehow we have not lost a major player in years and that includes Academy players.

Why? Because we are not the most skint club in SL or the one bogged down with huge contracts.

Smart clubs like us and Leeds have been cutting our cloth for years others have not. That adjustment or lack of is about to come home.

There are at least four SL that I know of who are more or less insolvent. Only saved by wealthy backers. However the current financial situation will soon see the banks adopt a more rigid stance.

Watch this space and see these speculative clubs you so love fall one by one.

So you don’t need to pretend to hope you’re wrong, you just are.


I did say it was the worst case scenario based on those players linked with other clubs. You are correct I don’t know but with your contacts please explain why every season the squad is slowly being weakened and why we appear not to be able to reverse it. If I remember it was you who suggested that with TJ being due a testimonial year shortly it may make him stay or the chance to play in our redeveloped ground would be such a draw to make them stay, do you actually believe these statements.
I don’t know other club’s finances I won’t ask how you do but I do know that we appear to like to make a point about our salary cap spending being the lowest in SL, this is not something to be proud of. I would have hoped by now that we had progressed with the improvement in our finances to be able to strengthen and to end the constant struggle to stay in SL. What marketing do we do and why does it fall on supporters to produce an history of the ground, surely this would be the first thing thought of by the club. I suppose we are lucky you came up with the idea all on your own maybe you could be a marketing consultant for the club.
I do not love other clubs despite you keep suggesting I do, at least I have in your eyes expanded my loyalty beyond Castleford.
We will see what happens at the end of this season I expect that Bill and Arona will leave, the rest we will just have to see along with the quality and ages of those we bring in.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 3792
Member for 8 years
chissitt wrote:
Too factual for one or two to comprehend, and those that don't want to believe you as well.


His facts were a little incorrect when he used Steve Ella as an example of a veteran player at 28.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 am  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 10522
Member for 15 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
His facts were a little incorrect when he used Steve Ella as an example of a veteran player at 28.

His fact and not facts as you only single out one, depends on the context of the particular fact, if Steve Ella had been playing with a team of players far younger than him, then indeed it would not be out of context to call him a veteran, depends how desperate you are to make a point really.
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 am  
Re: O/T Billy Magoulias
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 3792
Member for 8 years
chissitt wrote:
His fact and not facts as you only single out one, depends on the context of the particular fact, if Steve Ella had been playing with a team of players far younger than him, then indeed it would not be out of context to call him a veteran, depends how desperate you are to make a point really.


Or how desperate you are to back Vastman. It was you who claimed his fact based superiority, I was merely pointing out that as per usual your defence at my expense was wrong again. I think the reason given above suggests a little desperation on your part don’t you.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: basher11, Belle Vue, burtonsrlfc, coco the fullback, djcool, JamieRobinson1234, Kevs Head, KevW60349, Lupsetbull, LyndsayGill, MOPSEY LIVES ON, musson, Pat Bateman, poplar cats alive, PopTart, Roverman1, The Devil's Advocate, Trojan Horse, vastman, Wakefield City, Yosemite Sam and 421 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
26s
Shopping List 2023
Armavinit
702
2m
150 year Mish-mash poster in the Arena
Stu M
74
2m
The never-ending perpetual and forever rebuild
Trebor1
15
3m
Toulouse at home
Itchy Arsena
42
4m
Hodgson
Dave K.
139
16m
round 16 Cas a
John_D
9
19m
All Things New Stadium
PopTart
389
20m
williams
Smiffy27
4
25m
To those who are interested
coco the ful
68
33m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
25619
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
39s
Totally unacceptable
PopTart
68
42s
OT Wood v Wood
Spookisback
3
51s
All Things New Stadium
PopTart
389
59s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
Judder Man
321
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
582
1m
Hodgson
Dave K.
139
1m
Powell fans meeting
rubber ducki
70
1m
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
23510
1m
Thomas Mikaele
MorePlaymake
19
1m
Will Batley Do us a Favour
Bent&Bon
21
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Dewsbury Away
terry silver
1
TODAY
williams
Smiffy27
4
TODAY
Swinton vs Dons 3rd July 2022 3pm
Double Movem
2
TODAY
Philbin
just_browny
10
TODAY
Cards Like Confetti As Eleven Man Halifax Beat Barrow
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
Highbury Rhi
4
TODAY
OT Wood v Wood
Spookisback
3
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.33Million +72,041 ↑5979,11234,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Sun 3rd Jul
     Super League XXVII-R17
15:00
Wakefield
v
Wigan
 Sat 9th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R18
14:30
Wakefield
v
Toulouse
 Sun 17th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R19
15:00
Hull KR
v
Wakefield
 Sun 24th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R20
15:00
Wakefield
v
St.Helens
 Sat 30th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R21
19:00
Castleford
v
Wakefield
 Fri 5th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R22
15:00
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Sun 14th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R23
15:00
Wakefield
v
Wigan
 Fri 19th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Hull FC
v
Wakefield
 Thu 25th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R25
19:45
Wakefield
v
Hull KR
 Mon 29th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R26
15:00
St.Helens
v
Wakefield
 Sat 3rd Sep
     Super League XXVII-R27
15:00
Huddersfield
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 1st Jul
SL RND: 17
20:00
Castleford-Huddersfield
Sat 2nd Jul
L1 RND: 13
13:00
Cornwall-Hunslet
SL RND: 17
18:00
Catalans-St.Helens
Fri 8th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Newcastle-Bradford
Sat 9th Jul
L1 RND: 14
13:00
Cornwall-Doncaster
SL RND: 18
19:00
Leeds-Castleford
SL RND: 18
16:45
St.Helens-Wigan
SL RND: 18
14:30
Wakefield-Toulouse
Sun 10th Jul
SL RND: 18
15:15
Catalans-Warrington
SL RND: 18
13:00
Huddersfield-Salford
SL RND: 18
17:30
Hull KR-Hull FC
Mon 11th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Halifax-York
Sun 17th Jul
L1 RND: 15
13:00
Keighley-Cornwall
Mon 18th Jul
CH RND: 19
19:45
York-Batley
Thu 21st Jul
SL RND: 20
20:00
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 24th Jul
CH RND: 20
15:00
Whitehaven-Leigh
Sat 30th Jul
CH RND: 21
12:45
LondonB-Sheffield
CH RND: 21
15:00
Batley-Dewsbury
CH RND: 21
17:15
Bradford-Halifax
CH RND: 21
19:30
Featherstone-Leigh
Mon 27th Jun
CH RND: 16 Barrow18-43Halifax
Sun 26th Jun
CH RND: 16 Bradford48-6Dewsbury
CH RND: 16 Featherstone20-28Batley
CH RND: 16 Newcastle66-22Workington
CH RND: 16 Whitehaven16-40York
CH RND: 16 Widnes26-22LondonB
SOO RND: 2 New South Wales44-12Queensland
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders18-26Doncaster
L1 RND: 12 Keighley62-0Oldham
SL RND: 16 Castleford17-16Catalans
SL RND: 16 Hull KR10-38Huddersfield
SL RND: 16 Salford74-10Wakefield
Sat 25th Jun
L1 RND: 12 Hunslet24-32Rochdale
L1 RND: 12 LondonS4-24Swinton
L1 RND: 12 West Wales22-48Cornwall
MINT2022 RND: 1 NZ26-6Tonga
MINT2022 RND: 1 SAM42-12Cook I
MINT2022 RND: 1 PNG24-14Fiji
Fri 24th Jun
CH RND: 16 Sheffield4-58Leigh
SL RND: 16 Warrington4-0Hull FC
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 16 638 136 502 30
Featherstone 16 624 228 396 27
York 16 426 284 142 26
Batley 15 432 249 183 23
Halifax 16 471 266 205 22
Barrow 16 383 349 34 19
 
Bradford 16 373 335 38 18
Sheffield 15 339 368 -29 14
Widnes 16 337 437 -100 12
Newcastle 16 354 455 -101 12
Whitehaven 16 242 550 -308 8
LondonB 16 252 450 -198 5
Dewsbury 16 211 552 -341 4
Workington 16 188 611 -423 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 11 493 90 403 22
Swinton 11 420 157 263 18
Crusaders 11 387 218 169 16
Rochdale 11 422 258 164 16
Doncaster 11 326 266 60 14
Hunslet 11 286 258 28 11
 
Oldham 11 312 276 36 7
Midlands 10 278 339 -61 6
LondonS 11 196 450 -254 6
Cornwall 11 186 500 -314 2
West Wales 11 110 604 -494 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 16 404 170 234 28
Wigan 16 434 301 133 24
Huddersfield 16 379 266 113 23
Catalans 16 356 219 137 22
Hull FC 16 310 289 21 16
Castleford 16 334 350 -16 16
 
Hull KR 16 281 336 -55 14
Salford 16 365 395 -30 12
Warrington 16 300 380 -80 12
Leeds 16 261 322 -61 11
Wakefield 16 257 440 -183 10
Toulouse 16 236 449 -213 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 15
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 15 456 219 237 26
Melbourne 14 494 224 270 24
NQL Cowboys 15 378 197 181 22
Cronulla 14 316 248 68 18
Brisbane 14 312 255 57 18
Parramatta 14 339 303 36 18
Sydney 15 319 290 29 14
Souths 14 322 301 21 14
 
Manly 15 320 324 -4 14
Canberra 15 270 309 -39 14
St.George 14 253 325 -72 14
Canterbury 15 230 337 -107 8
Newcastle 14 184 362 -178 8
NZ Warriors 15 248 433 -185 8
Gold Coast 15 234 380 -146 6
Wests 14 196 364 -168 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Womens Internationals 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
ENGLAND 2 6 32 -26 4
FRANCE 1 10 36 -26 0
WALES 1 6 32 -26 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
26s
Shopping List 2023
Armavinit
702
2m
150 year Mish-mash poster in the Arena
Stu M
74
2m
The never-ending perpetual and forever rebuild
Trebor1
15
3m
Toulouse at home
Itchy Arsena
42
4m
Hodgson
Dave K.
139
16m
round 16 Cas a
John_D
9
19m
All Things New Stadium
PopTart
389
20m
williams
Smiffy27
4
25m
To those who are interested
coco the ful
68
33m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
25619
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
39s
Totally unacceptable
PopTart
68
42s
OT Wood v Wood
Spookisback
3
51s
All Things New Stadium
PopTart
389
59s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
Judder Man
321
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
582
1m
Hodgson
Dave K.
139
1m
Powell fans meeting
rubber ducki
70
1m
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
23510
1m
Thomas Mikaele
MorePlaymake
19
1m
Will Batley Do us a Favour
Bent&Bon
21
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Dewsbury Away
terry silver
1
TODAY
williams
Smiffy27
4
TODAY
Swinton vs Dons 3rd July 2022 3pm
Double Movem
2
TODAY
Philbin
just_browny
10
TODAY
Cards Like Confetti As Eleven Man Halifax Beat Barrow
RLFANS News
1
TODAY
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
Highbury Rhi
4
TODAY
OT Wood v Wood
Spookisback
3
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!