RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Relegation Thoughts
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 6:02 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 6:02 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 3792
Member for 8 years
No not at all but we have to face facts that we have been in a steady decline on the field. We no longer have the luxury of remedying the situation other than with what we have now accrued. The question is can we do it and I think we are now in such a state both on and off the pitch that it is not possible
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 6:05 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 6:05 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 15921
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
No not at all but we have to face facts that we have been in a steady decline on the field. We no longer have the luxury of remedying the situation other than with what we have now accrued. The question is can we do it and I think we are now in such a state both on and off the pitch that it is not possible


It's always possible. That's how sport goes.
Teams often turn things around. We may or may not.....but it isn't impossible.

After looking at the stats, some players are working their booty off. We need to decide quickly whether the others can up their game or just need dropping for someone possibly less capable but who is up for the fight.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 6:20 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 6:20 pm  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 10523
Member for 15 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Yes he saved the club and put light bulbs in the toilet apparently but he has also been in control during a period of steady decline to a point where we are favourites even amongst the Wakefield supporters for relegation. It can be argued that like the coach we kept some of the players too long and replaced others with players that look more financially based rather than squad improvement.
I have been told not to look backwards I regret that looking forwards does not appear any better.

You and Lampyboy must be in a minority because you and him are the only 2 on here that shows no recognition for his achievements at this club and criticise him at every opportunity and in some cases manufacture mischief to suit, the steady decline at this club started in the seventies if you were about then and continued on through the decades including Teds and the disaster caused by his successor, culminating in the club getting on an even keel under Carters tenure.
Admittedly things aren't looking too bright at the moment but we are only halfway through the season, course we can argue he made a mistake keeping Chester too long but to what purpose does that achieve other than to cause mischief on here using that as an excuse to criticise him, It's what happens in the coming months that matter, if you can't come to terms with that I'll personally give you your money back for yer season ticket as you appear to have a problem looking forward.
Edited poptart
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 6:39 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 6:39 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 2640
Location: The sunny South (of Wakefield)
Member for 7 years
If we're talking about going in back in time,, we need to look at pre-Chester and consider how much damage was done when Brian Smith departed the club under a cloud. Wasn't his departure partly due to player power indicating that they weren't happy with his style of training? If we'd persevered with BS we would not have had to suffer the CC years. Retrospective I know, but possibly a valid point. His pedigree spoke for itself.
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 6:48 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 6:48 pm  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 2289
Member for 10 years
That's simply not true Chissitt, please don't adopt the failing of another poster.
I have been the first to say that MC did a fantastic job in the first 2 to 3 years and that without his stewardship God knows what would have happened, however his many contributions on this board did him no favours,
Regarding the last few years the club have sunk year after year.
I agree I do often and in my view correctly criticised his lack of flexibility and forward thinking regarding marketing.
I also think its a crying shame that he may be the man to see the club tumble when he was the one to initially save it.
Something must give otherwise his club will be teetering on extinction, because championship rugby isn't an option at the moment,
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 7:08 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 7:08 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 3792
Member for 8 years
chissitt wrote:
You and Lampyboy must be in a minority because you and him are the only 2 on here that shows no recognition for his achievements at this club and criticise him at every opportunity and in some cases manufacture mischief to suit, the steady decline at this club started in the seventies if you were about then and continued on through the decades including Teds and the disaster caused by his successor, culminating in the club getting on an even keel under Carters tenure,
Admittedly things aren't looking too bright at the moment but we are only halfway through the season, course we can argue he made a mistake keeping Chester too long but to what purpose does that achieve other than to cause mischief on here using that as an excuse to criticise him, It's what happens in the coming months that matter, if you can't come to terms with that I'll personally give you your money back for yer season ticket as you appear to have a problem looking forward.


It was you foggy old boy who said not to look . I am not causing mischief in fact despite what you believe I do not take every opportunity to blame MC, I am just giving a more realistic perspective. I wouldn’t want to take the food from the mouths of your fish because I have come to terms with the outcome and I don’t think the board can save us now like they had to before the Bradford game when we signed a slew of players.
It is actually a shame the club appears to be disintegrating when a redeveloped ground is about to be started. It is usually the ground that is falling apart.
It is a free world and the last time I checked difference of opinions are allowed even on this forum, I hope your optimism is justified, I have however not seen anything to say the team will back you.
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 7:10 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 7:10 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 15921
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
Redscat wrote:
If we're talking about going in back in time,, we need to look at pre-Chester and consider how much damage was done when Brian Smith departed the club under a cloud. Wasn't his departure partly due to player power indicating that they weren't happy with his style of training? If we'd persevered with BS we would not have had to suffer the CC years. Retrospective I know, but possibly a valid point. His pedigree spoke for itself.


We had some great years under Chester. Why would you just ignore that?
Smith win 6 out of 20 games if Wiki is right.
He left because he wanted more of a stake in the club and the board didn't as far as I know. His demands exceeded what we could deliver.
Though I can't imagine Scruten was disappointed to see him go when his advice to leave his wife to improve his game.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 7:38 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 7:38 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 2640
Location: The sunny South (of Wakefield)
Member for 7 years
PopTart wrote:
We had some great years under Chester. Why would you just ignore that?
Smith win 6 out of 20 games if Wiki is right.
He left because he wanted more of a stake in the club and the board didn't as far as I know. His demands exceeded what we could deliver.
Though I can't imagine Scruten was disappointed to see him go when his advice to leave his wife to improve his game.


Yes we did have a couple of good years under Chris Chester, but during that time he was being mentored by JK. Once Kear left CC he looked clueless.

The six wins out of 20 reflects to a degree that the players didn't want to play for him. I don't think they liked his military style training regime.
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 8:02 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 8:02 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 15921
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
Redscat wrote:
Yes we did have a couple of good years under Chris Chester, but during that time he was being mentored by JK. Once Kear left CC he looked clueless.

The six wins out of 20 reflects to a degree that the players didn't want to play for him. I don't think they liked his military style training regime.


I disagree. Although I get what you are saying.
The team was a bottom of table team. Simple as that.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Relegation Thoughts Sat May 21, 2022 8:32 pm  
Re: Relegation Thoughts
Sat May 21, 2022 8:32 pm  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 10523
Member for 15 years
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
It sounds like the bulbs need changing if things aren’t too bright. I am not causing mischief in fact despite what you believe I do not take every opportunity to blame MC, I am just giving a more realistic perspective. I wouldn’t want to take the food from the mouths of your fish because I have come to terms with the outcome and I don’t think the board can save us now like they had to before the Bradford game when we signed a slew of players.
It is actually a shame the club appears to be disintegrating when a redeveloped ground is about to be started. It is usually the ground that is falling apart.

Last word from me as I don't want to get sucked into your world of sarcasm, Wasn't it you what complained about sitting under a hole in the roof in which you got wet when it rained and did nothing about it other than complaining on here, yet is moaning because of a lack of a lightbulb in the toilet and your not complaining, If not then you must be making mischief, not sure I share your views that the club is disintegrating because were struggling on the pitch, but I'm sure you'll have your own spin on it, the offer still stands about your season ticket though, and fear not for my marine and tropical fish, I'll make sure there all right :D
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AMI, bellycouldtackle, burtonsrlfc, cocker, djcool, Dunkirk Spirit, FOREVERTRIN, KevW60349, Khlav Kalash, Luppylad, MOPSEY LIVES ON, phe13, Prince Buster, RoyBoy29, steadygetyerboots-on, vastman, Wakefield City, Willzay, Yosemite Sam and 319 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
8s
Kyle Evans signs for Trintiy
Sacred Cow
4
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Itchy Arsena
23543
3m
Matty Nicholson CONFIRMED three and half year deal
Captain Hook
37
13m
Fev game moved to Ebbsfleet
northernblok
4
13m
Wigan on Sunday 3rd July
Luppylad
10
15m
Leeds home
The Hollywoo
35
15m
Shopping List 2023
Dave K.
755
16m
2022 changes
Wires71
13
20m
One more incoming
Septimius Se
10
20m
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
rotherhamrhi
9
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
10s
Stats dont lie
vastman
38
19s
Hodgson
C for Cuckoo
157
21s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
9984
30s
Wigan on Sunday 3rd July
Luppylad
10
36s
Matty Nicholson CONFIRMED three and half year deal
Captain Hook
37
47s
Leeds home
The Hollywoo
35
55s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
paddock
357
1m
RD 17 Hull FC A
Trebor1
31
1m
Latics v Burnley
Stu M
63
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
25665
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Kyle Evans signs for Trintiy
Sacred Cow
4
TODAY
Wigan on Sunday 3rd July
Luppylad
10
TODAY
Toulouse away tickets
Steve0
1
TODAY
cas on friday
jools
1
TODAY
2022 changes
Wires71
13
TODAY
Fev game moved to Ebbsfleet
northernblok
4
TODAY
New 2 year deal for Stef
ninearches
18
TODAY
Jack Draper
DallasMead2
1
TODAY
Matty Nicholson CONFIRMED three and half year deal
Captain Hook
37
TODAY
Dewsbury Away
Hudd-Shay
2
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.33Million +12,004 ↑2279,11234,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Sun 3rd Jul
     Super League XXVII-R17
15:00
Wakefield
v
Wigan
 Sat 9th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R18
14:30
Wakefield
v
Toulouse
 Sun 17th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R19
15:00
Hull KR
v
Wakefield
 Sun 24th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R20
15:00
Wakefield
v
St.Helens
 Sat 30th Jul
     Super League XXVII-R21
19:00
Castleford
v
Wakefield
 Fri 5th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R22
15:00
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Sun 14th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R23
15:00
Wakefield
v
Wigan
 Fri 19th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Hull FC
v
Wakefield
 Thu 25th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R25
19:45
Wakefield
v
Hull KR
 Mon 29th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R26
15:00
St.Helens
v
Wakefield
 Sat 3rd Sep
     Super League XXVII-R27
15:00
Huddersfield
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 1st Jul
SL RND: 17
20:00
Castleford-Huddersfield
Sat 2nd Jul
L1 RND: 13
13:00
Cornwall-Hunslet
SL RND: 17
18:00
Catalans-St.Helens
Fri 8th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Newcastle-Bradford
Sat 9th Jul
L1 RND: 14
13:00
Cornwall-Doncaster
SL RND: 18
19:00
Leeds-Castleford
SL RND: 18
16:45
St.Helens-Wigan
SL RND: 18
14:30
Wakefield-Toulouse
Sun 10th Jul
SL RND: 18
15:15
Catalans-Warrington
SL RND: 18
13:00
Huddersfield-Salford
SL RND: 18
17:30
Hull KR-Hull FC
Mon 11th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Halifax-York
Sun 17th Jul
L1 RND: 15
13:00
Keighley-Cornwall
Mon 18th Jul
CH RND: 19
19:45
York-Batley
Thu 21st Jul
SL RND: 20
20:00
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 24th Jul
CH RND: 20
15:00
Whitehaven-Leigh
Sat 30th Jul
CH RND: 21
12:45
LondonB-Sheffield
CH RND: 21
15:00
Batley-Dewsbury
CH RND: 21
17:15
Bradford-Halifax
CH RND: 21
19:30
Featherstone-Leigh
Mon 27th Jun
CH RND: 16 Barrow18-43Halifax
Sun 26th Jun
CH RND: 16 Bradford48-6Dewsbury
CH RND: 16 Featherstone20-28Batley
CH RND: 16 Newcastle66-22Workington
CH RND: 16 Whitehaven16-40York
CH RND: 16 Widnes26-22LondonB
SOO RND: 2 New South Wales44-12Queensland
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders18-26Doncaster
L1 RND: 12 Keighley62-0Oldham
SL RND: 16 Castleford17-16Catalans
SL RND: 16 Hull KR10-38Huddersfield
SL RND: 16 Salford74-10Wakefield
Sat 25th Jun
L1 RND: 12 Hunslet24-32Rochdale
L1 RND: 12 LondonS4-24Swinton
L1 RND: 12 West Wales22-48Cornwall
MINT2022 RND: 1 NZ26-6Tonga
MINT2022 RND: 1 SAM42-12Cook I
MINT2022 RND: 1 PNG24-14Fiji
Fri 24th Jun
CH RND: 16 Sheffield4-58Leigh
SL RND: 16 Warrington4-0Hull FC
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 16 638 136 502 30
Featherstone 16 624 228 396 27
York 16 426 284 142 26
Batley 15 432 249 183 23
Halifax 16 471 266 205 22
Barrow 16 383 349 34 19
 
Bradford 16 373 335 38 18
Sheffield 15 339 368 -29 14
Widnes 16 337 437 -100 12
Newcastle 16 354 455 -101 12
Whitehaven 16 242 550 -308 8
LondonB 16 252 450 -198 5
Dewsbury 16 211 552 -341 4
Workington 16 188 611 -423 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 11 493 90 403 22
Swinton 11 420 157 263 18
Crusaders 11 387 218 169 16
Rochdale 11 422 258 164 16
Doncaster 11 326 266 60 14
Hunslet 11 286 258 28 11
 
Oldham 11 312 276 36 7
Midlands 10 278 339 -61 6
LondonS 11 196 450 -254 6
Cornwall 11 186 500 -314 2
West Wales 11 110 604 -494 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 16 404 170 234 28
Wigan 16 434 301 133 24
Huddersfield 16 379 266 113 23
Catalans 16 356 219 137 22
Hull FC 16 310 289 21 16
Castleford 16 334 350 -16 16
 
Hull KR 16 281 336 -55 14
Salford 16 365 395 -30 12
Warrington 16 300 380 -80 12
Leeds 16 261 322 -61 11
Wakefield 16 257 440 -183 10
Toulouse 16 236 449 -213 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 15
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 7 243 102 141 12
Penrith 6 184 78 106 12
Cronulla 7 173 112 61 10
NQL Cowboys 7 144 93 51 8
Parramatta 6 170 125 45 8
Sydney 6 122 98 24 8
Manly 7 134 130 4 8
Souths 6 118 96 22 6
 
Brisbane 7 111 150 -39 6
NZ Warriors 7 119 182 -63 6
Gold Coast 7 120 162 -42 4
St.George 6 103 160 -57 4
Newcastle 7 90 156 -66 4
Canberra 7 94 176 -82 4
Wests 6 63 126 -63 2
Canterbury 7 70 179 -109 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Womens Internationals 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
ENGLAND 2 6 32 -26 4
FRANCE 1 10 36 -26 0
WALES 1 6 32 -26 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
8s
Kyle Evans signs for Trintiy
Sacred Cow
4
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Itchy Arsena
23543
3m
Matty Nicholson CONFIRMED three and half year deal
Captain Hook
37
13m
Fev game moved to Ebbsfleet
northernblok
4
13m
Wigan on Sunday 3rd July
Luppylad
10
15m
Leeds home
The Hollywoo
35
15m
Shopping List 2023
Dave K.
755
16m
2022 changes
Wires71
13
20m
One more incoming
Septimius Se
10
20m
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
rotherhamrhi
9
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
10s
Stats dont lie
vastman
38
19s
Hodgson
C for Cuckoo
157
21s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
9984
30s
Wigan on Sunday 3rd July
Luppylad
10
36s
Matty Nicholson CONFIRMED three and half year deal
Captain Hook
37
47s
Leeds home
The Hollywoo
35
55s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
paddock
357
1m
RD 17 Hull FC A
Trebor1
31
1m
Latics v Burnley
Stu M
63
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
25665
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Kyle Evans signs for Trintiy
Sacred Cow
4
TODAY
Wigan on Sunday 3rd July
Luppylad
10
TODAY
Toulouse away tickets
Steve0
1
TODAY
cas on friday
jools
1
TODAY
2022 changes
Wires71
13
TODAY
Fev game moved to Ebbsfleet
northernblok
4
TODAY
New 2 year deal for Stef
ninearches
18
TODAY
Jack Draper
DallasMead2
1
TODAY
Matty Nicholson CONFIRMED three and half year deal
Captain Hook
37
TODAY
Dewsbury Away
Hudd-Shay
2
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!