RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tom Johnstone
Re: Tom Johnstone Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:46 pm  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:46 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 19009
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Member for 19 years
vastman wrote:
Well of course it is. A Wigan fan who pretends to be a Trinity fan and a Hudds fan on a fishing trip.

It was a rubbish post imo and clearly many agree.


Here she goes again.

Love you Vasty.

Just wish you had the stones to actually crawl from behind the keyboard every now and again.

You were slating me a month ago for saying 11th would be a result this season….now you are the biggest critic.

Keep hiding behind the keyboard and being the laughing stock fickle “supporter” everyone knows you are.

Rest of us will get on with talking rugby and not being keyboard Warriors.

So sad so bitter.

Ps despite your recent change of heart I personally still hope you are right from your thoughts last month…not this month….and Trinity finish higher than 11th.

Also make your mind up on that one.

I’m reminded about the old sayings about empty vessels when I read your posts.

…but seriously are we top 6 or relegation fodder because in a few short weeks you seem to be struggling with that decision.

My opinion, just like it was at the start of the year was we will finish 11th, possibly 10th at best.

At least one of us is consistent and also not scared to meet in real life.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Tom Johnstone Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:40 pm  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:40 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 16713
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
Jonh
You know full well this is an anonymous site and asking someone to meet in real life is inappropriate.
Just make your point. About rugby. Not individual posters.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Tom Johnstone Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:55 pm  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:55 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 19009
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Member for 19 years
PopTart wrote:
Jonh
You know full well this is an anonymous site and asking someone to meet in real life is inappropriate.
Just make your point. About rugby. Not individual posters.


Please read Vastlass’s post.

No mention of rugby dig at an individual poster.

I also didn’t ask to meet him in real life…God forbid people actually interact.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind the hypocrisy but I’ve met and had great company with posters on here.

Some who agree with me some who don’t.

I’ve even been in Vastlass’s company but he chose not to declare himself despite apparently knowing who I was.

If you want to take the moral high ground fair play but at least be consistent..unlike Vastlass’s predictions for our season.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Tom Johnstone Sun May 01, 2022 8:36 am  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sun May 01, 2022 8:36 am  

User avatarThe Avenger wrote:
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 4346
Member for 9 years
Just a point of correction re Corey Hall, he is one of ours as he was signed by Kelly into our Scholarship where he spent 2 years before going to Wigan then Leeds.
Re: Tom Johnstone Sun May 01, 2022 8:59 am  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sun May 01, 2022 8:59 am  

snowie wrote:
snowie

Member for 21 years
PopTart wrote:
Jonh
You know full well this is an anonymous site and asking someone to meet in real life is inappropriate.
Just make your point. About rugby. Not individual posters.


and here lies the problem being the anonymous site, years ago when Big Al, RR, Phil was around quite a few of us got together and met up mainly the Brennan Rooney fund raising and others and guess what not a problem, and had some great times together games, events it actually brought fans together respective of difference of opinions, some of us don't need to hide behind alias names in fact mine is a nickname I got at work.

I know Jonh and he comes over as a decent person willing to help as he has me in the past, Vasty I've met once and wouldn't recognize him if he wobbled up to greet me but I wouldn't expect him to attack me just because we don't share opinions

you need to practice what you preach and stop being the drama queen
Re: Tom Johnstone Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 am  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 16713
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
snowie wrote:
and here lies the problem being the anonymous site, years ago when Big Al, RR, Phil was around quite a few of us got together and met up mainly the Brennan Rooney fund raising and others and guess what not a problem, and had some great times together games, events it actually brought fans together respective of difference of opinions, some of us don't need to hide behind alias names in fact mine is a nickname I got at work.

I know Jonh and he comes over as a decent person willing to help as he has me in the past, Vasty I've met once and wouldn't recognize him if he wobbled up to greet me but I wouldn't expect him to attack me just because we don't share opinions

you need to practice what you preach and stop being the drama queen


Snowie
You've been around long enough to know I'm not making the rules. I really don't see your problem.

If you want to meet someone on here you go for it. No one is stopping you.
But you can't out someone. Give personal details, whether yours or theirs and you can't start being all tough calling someone a keyboard warrior because they don't want to meet you in real life.
If you know someone and want a chat, don't you have a better way of doing it than trying to bend the rules of a site like this?
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Tom Johnstone Sun May 01, 2022 7:14 pm  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sun May 01, 2022 7:14 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 2706
Location: The sunny South (of Wakefield)
Member for 7 years
PopTart wrote:
Jonh
You know full well this is an anonymous site and asking someone to meet in real life is inappropriate.
Just make your point. About rugby. Not individual posters.


Then why were Inflatable Armadillo, TRB and Sandal Cat allowed to post during all those years of Newmarket negotiations, or is that ok because they were assisting the Club and fans?
Re: Tom Johnstone Sun May 01, 2022 7:44 pm  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sun May 01, 2022 7:44 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 16713
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
Redscat wrote:
Then why were Inflatable Armadillo, TRB and Sandal Cat allowed to post during all those years of Newmarket negotiations, or is that ok because they were assisting the Club and fans?


Some people knew who they were but they didn't reveal who they actually were on my time as moderator.
Occasionally someone has use a real name for them but it has been deleted and they've been told not to do it.
I personally don't know any of them.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Tom Johnstone Sun May 01, 2022 7:57 pm  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sun May 01, 2022 7:57 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 19009
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Member for 19 years
It’s not really important is it.

It is what it is and we all need to move on and stop being so petty.

I miss the old days on this page, used to have some good debates with Big Al, but on the occasion I met him and his lad found him to be a good bloke.

I don’t think it’s an isolated incident sadly social media and the ability to hide behind a pseudonym gives some people that sense of false confidence because they don’t have the abdominal fortitude to say it to peoples faces.

In no way would I ever condone violence towards anyone but I do think Mike Tyson sums it up perfectly with his quote.

“Social media made you all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it.”

I enjoy meeting others off here and other forums they are to a man so far really passionate knowledgable rugby league people even if we don’t agree it’s always good to have a chat.

I didn’t realise anonymity was a requirement on these sites.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Tom Johnstone Sun May 01, 2022 10:16 pm  
Re: Tom Johnstone
Sun May 01, 2022 10:16 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 16713
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
You are not allowed to post personal details. Whether yours or someone else's.

And you can't pretend to be someone else.
Some people have unknowingly put their name as the ID but although I'd advise not doing, I don't know what your name is anyway so it could be made up or a nickname.

If you imply you have specific knowledge on something. Within reason it's up to other posters whether they believe you.
If you imply you are someone that causes a problem to another poster, like their dad or something, then I'd have to stop that.

Most important to me though is protecting those who do want to stay anonymous.
I've had to ban more than one person for doing that.

It's mostly common sense.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alegend, Belle Vue, charlie, Eastern Wildcat, KevW60349, Khlav Kalash, lampyboy, LG83, Longestday, phe13, poplar cats alive, PopTart, REDWHITEANDBLUE, Scarlet Pimpernell, Schunter, TimmySmith, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo, Yosemite Sam and 264 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15091
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
32032
5m
IMG
Sacred Cow
125
15m
How long in 2023 does Powell have
Gazwire
189
18m
Oliver Holmes
Moe syslak
37
24m
England knights v France live now on YouTube
Dunkirk Spir
1
25m
Spending the full salary cap
vastman
14
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
56s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
FearTheVee
616
1m
Oliver Holmes
Moe syslak
37
1m
Season debrief send in your questions
Dita's Slot
61
1m
Rumours and signings v9
dany1979
24365
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
Trebor1
4114
1m
IMG Podcast
Ornery Optim
81
1m
IMG Recommendations for British RL
Hopie
41
1m
World Cup
davey41
11
1m
IMG
Sacred Cow
125
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
161
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
England knights v France live now on YouTube
Dunkirk Spir
1
TODAY
Halifax panthers super league wheelchair champions
terry silver
1
TODAY
Wheelchair rugby
wakeytrin
1
TODAY
IMG Proposals Rover Analysed
Mild Rover
1
TODAY
2023 Squad
Bulls Boy 20
1
TODAY
England Knights Worth a Watch
Smiffy27
1
TODAY
Million Pound Game - Can Batley Spring a Surprise
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million +11,309 ↑1379,2499,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29
09:30
Penrith-Parramatta
L1 RND: 26
14:00
Swinton-Doncaster
CH RND: 30
18:30
Leigh-Batley
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sun 25th Sep
L1 RND: 25 Doncaster52-20Rochdale
CH RND: 29 Leigh70-10York
CH RND: 29 Featherstone28-32Batley
Sat 24th Sep
NRL RND: 28 Penrith32-12Souths
SL RND: 30 Leeds12-24St.Helens
Fri 23rd Sep
NRL RND: 28 NQL Cowboys20-24Parramatta
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15091
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
32032
5m
IMG
Sacred Cow
125
15m
How long in 2023 does Powell have
Gazwire
189
18m
Oliver Holmes
Moe syslak
37
24m
England knights v France live now on YouTube
Dunkirk Spir
1
25m
Spending the full salary cap
vastman
14
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
56s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
FearTheVee
616
1m
Oliver Holmes
Moe syslak
37
1m
Season debrief send in your questions
Dita's Slot
61
1m
Rumours and signings v9
dany1979
24365
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
Trebor1
4114
1m
IMG Podcast
Ornery Optim
81
1m
IMG Recommendations for British RL
Hopie
41
1m
World Cup
davey41
11
1m
IMG
Sacred Cow
125
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
161
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
England knights v France live now on YouTube
Dunkirk Spir
1
TODAY
Halifax panthers super league wheelchair champions
terry silver
1
TODAY
Wheelchair rugby
wakeytrin
1
TODAY
IMG Proposals Rover Analysed
Mild Rover
1
TODAY
2023 Squad
Bulls Boy 20
1
TODAY
England Knights Worth a Watch
Smiffy27
1
TODAY
Million Pound Game - Can Batley Spring a Surprise
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!