WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - David helping Andrew out

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity David helping Andrew out

David helping Andrew out Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:42 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9fd9d47b0e

Big Dave talked his brother into losing weight because the game is faster under new lockdown rules.
I'm guessing he's doing the same.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: David helping Andrew out Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:09 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

lets hope he does the same
click on this link to give support for the stadium application

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... 7D2QQJOS00

the club needs you
Re: David helping Andrew out Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:17 pm  

BOJ042 wrote:
BOJ042 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

that will just about do me !!!!!!
Re: David helping Andrew out Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:22 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Makes you wonder who’s helping who.

That article kind of puts the pressure on Dave. He will look a total plonker now if he hasn’t followed his own advice. Let’s hope sibling rivalry kick in on this, Dave a stone lighter would be a real bonus. He’d still be a big lad but not a big lump which is what he was last season.

I accept his mitigating circumstances but nows the time to come storming back.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: David helping Andrew out Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:07 am  

User avatarSchunter wrote:
Schunter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
Makes you wonder who’s helping who.

That article kind of puts the pressure on Dave. He will look a total plonker now if he hasn’t followed his own advice. Let’s hope sibling rivalry kick in on this, Dave a stone lighter would be a real bonus. He’d still be a big lad but not a big lump which is what he was last season.

I accept his mitigating circumstances but nows the time to come storming back.

I actually thought he played quite well in the last 2/3 games he played, getting back to somet like after a generally below par season. I'm not sure it's a weight thing with him as much an attitude issue, although maybe the 2 are related who knows
Last edited by Schunter on Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin'
Re: David helping Andrew out Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:17 am  

vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Schunter wrote:
I actually thought he played quite well in the2/3 games he played, getting back to somet like after a generally below par season. I'm not sure it's a weight thing with him as much an attitude issue, although maybe the 2 are related who knows

In fairness he was back after a long injury but the game where he made only 5 carries I believe was a stinker. Up there with Whittle not making a single tackle in a game.

He improved as Battye quickly became the hero of the moment. Players like Dave need something to drive them. Dave will always need to be in a small pond as he’s not that good but he won’t thrive in a totally empty one either.

Eddie stole his limelight and that drove him on imho, long may it stay that way.

Two of the best props in SL when up for it though Battye always seems up for it.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: David helping Andrew out Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:17 am  

User avatarSchunter wrote:
Schunter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
In fairness he was back after a long injury but the game where he made only 5 carries I believe was a stinker. Up there with Whittle not making a single tackle in a game.

He improved as Battye quickly became the hero of the moment. Players like Dave need something to drive them. Dave will always need to be in a small pond as he’s not that good but he won’t thrive in a totally empty one either.

Eddie stole his limelight and that drove him on imho, long may it stay that way.

Two of the best props in SL when up for it though Battye always seems up for it.

Agree, i've edited my post because I meant the last 2/3 games at the end of the season. I also think he needs games to get up to speed and stop starting doesnt help him . Either way if he fires along with Battye and Arona stays fit that'll give us a solid foundation for the season
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin'
Re: David helping Andrew out Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:27 am  

PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

vastman wrote:

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was playing injured that day because we had no one else. Either way. A fully fit Fifita makes us a considerably better team.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: David helping Andrew out Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:36 am  

vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

PopTart wrote:
I'm sure I read somewhere that he was playing injured that day because we had no one else. Either way. A fully fit Fifita makes us a considerably better team.

I didn’t hear that but it’s possible. However CC was pretty damning if that performance, he didn’t name names but it was pretty obvious which player it was aimed at. If he had been injured I don’t think CC is the kind of bloke to not take that into account.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: David helping Andrew out Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:33 am  

PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

vastman wrote:
I didn’t hear that but it’s possible. However CC was pretty damning if that performance, he didn’t name names but it was pretty obvious which player it was aimed at. If he had been injured I don’t think CC is the kind of bloke to not take that into account.

That is true.
Next