WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Good old Gary

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Good old Gary

Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:50 pm  

comeontrinity Stevo's Armpit

Well it’s that time again for our favourite pundit mr Schofield to predict Wakefield to be last again lol.
To be fair to him this time we really have come off the back of an awful year of performances but to put Leigh straight in above us as an un tested quantity hmm...
Can’t wait for the season to come when he thinks we will make the grade although that will probably the last nail in the lid if he ever does for us :)
Got to love him though
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:00 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

comeontrinity wrote:
Well it’s that time again for our favourite pundit mr Schofield to predict Wakefield to be last again lol.
To be fair to him this time we really have come off the back of an awful year of performances but to put Leigh straight in above us as an un tested quantity hmm...
Can’t wait for the season to come when he thinks we will make the grade although that will probably the last nail in the lid if he ever does for us :)
Got to love him though

This is old news, I know it's on TRL but it first went on weeks ago, it's just a re-hash.

Who cares what the old gin soak thinks. It says more about LE and what a rag that has become, can't stand Martyn Sadler, I assume he still milks it for his pension.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:29 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
This is old news, I know it's on TRL but it first went on weeks ago, it's just a re-hash.

Who cares what the old gin soak thinks. It says more about LE and what a rag that has become, can't stand Martyn Sadler, I assume he still milks it for his pension.

He has to come up with something but, to keep tipping Trinity for the wooden spoon is just lazy.
Perhaps he started doing it to wind up his lad and cant help himself ?
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:42 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

comeontrinity wrote:
Got to love him though

no you've not got to love him,

he's never liked Wakefield probably due to not getting a free pint in any of its pubs doubt he's backed his claiming again with another naked run :lol:
click on this link to give support for the stadium application

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... 7D2QQJOS00

the club needs you
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:10 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

snowie wrote:

he's never liked Wakefield probably due to not getting a free pint in any of its pubs doubt he's backed his claiming again with another naked run :lol:

Aye that was funny.
Fair do's for him keeping his word on that one. :lol:
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:32 pm  

vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

snowie wrote:

I’ve never met the man but he is probably the only player I have never heard anybody have a good word for.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:11 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I seem to remember two or three seasons ago, possibly on the back of that purple patch that we had, he was quite complimentary to Trinity and gave some good remarks in LE. It sticks in my mind because it was so unusual. Being a Rothwell lad you'd think he might be a little more kind.
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 pm  

User avatarKhlav Kalash wrote:
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

If I'm honest I'm not feeling that confident about the new season, I've seen snippets of the team performing well over the past few years and there have been mitigating circumstances but I cant shake the feeling that we are a team in decline. Hopefully I am wrong am we end up with a 2017/18 season more than a 2019/20.

As for Scofield, I'm always more wary when people start tipping us, it's a sure bet we will wilt under such pressure and falter. Trinity are much better as the underdog.
1/10
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:29 pm  

vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Khlav Kalash wrote:
If I'm honest I'm not feeling that confident about the new season, I've seen snippets of the team performing well over the past few years and there have been mitigating circumstances but I cant shake the feeling that we are a team in decline. Hopefully I am wrong am we end up with a 2017/18 season more than a 2019/20.

As for Scofield, I'm always more wary when people start tipping us, it's a sure bet we will wilt under such pressure and falter. Trinity are much better as the underdog.

I see it so differently, I see us as a team that’s about to peak if fortune is kind.

True there are some players on the decline but all teams have those but I don’t think the team as a whole is.

However that’s not the point, what’s so ridiculous is he’s putting Leigh, a team that as yet barely exists above us, that’s truly pathetic.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Good old Gary Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:31 pm  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I’m Hoping that when the going gets tough ,which it will at times ,we now have three heads to iron the problems out .I would imagine coaching can be a pretty lonely place when things aren’t going right, and plenty of us armchair coaches ,me included at times thought we knew more than Chris in the coaching department .It’s a well worn cliche but we do need to be up for every game and treat as a must win .I’m sure Chris must feel so much better this time around with two more set of eyes and brains plotting our domination of super league this time around .
Next