WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Craig Kopczak

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Craig Kopczak

Craig Kopczak Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:54 pm  

User avatarasmadasa wrote:
asmadasa User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

https://www.totalrl.com/featherstone-sn ... ield-prop/

Could still do a job at Super League level. He'll be a big miss next season but all the best at Fev...
Re: Craig Kopczak Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:59 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Hell do a great job for them.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Craig Kopczak Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:03 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

asmadasa wrote:
https://www.totalrl.com/featherstone-snap-up-wakefield-prop/

Could still do a job at Super League level. He'll be a big miss next season but all the best at Fev...

Don’t think he could. I’m not sure why but you can just tell when a players gone over, I said this about him at the start of the season.

Also he may well want to go part time and pursue his future career, something you can do at that level rather than take a pay cut to stay in SL.

He will only be a loss if somebody better doesn’t replace him. Top pro in his day though and I wish him all the best.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Craig Kopczak Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:10 pm  

wakefieldwall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Good luck to him. Will be a quality acquisition for Fev but it was time for us to move on, felt it caught up with him a bit last season. 2019 he ended up doing too much and his fitness suffered but overall he was a positive signing.
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Re: Craig Kopczak Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:12 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

It's the consistence that age takes away.
He had some big games for us when we were really down on numbers but he just can't keep doing it.
That's why Fev is a great spot for him. When it's needed he'll be one of their best but he won't have to play full tilt every game.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Craig Kopczak Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:56 pm  
Travelling Wilbury User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

All the best Craig and thanks for your efforts with us.

Personally, I thought overall you went well for us.

Maybe age is catching up, and we've been talking on here about possible incoming forwards, surely if its caught up on him, we should be looking at younger props than some of the names being brandished about
Re: Craig Kopczak Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:35 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Thanks Koppy. :CLAP:
All the best at Fev. :)
Re: Craig Kopczak Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:38 am  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
asmadasa wrote:
https://www.totalrl.com/featherstone-snap-up-wakefield-prop/

Don’t think he could. I’m not sure why but you can just tell when a players gone over, I said this about him at the start of the season.

Also he may well want to go part time and pursue his future career, something you can do at that level rather than take a pay cut to stay in SL.

He will only be a loss if somebody better doesn’t replace him. Top pro in his day though and I wish him all the best.

I agree. I personally don’t think we saw the best of him. I actually thought when we were down in the front row he didn’t step up to lead the pack. Think the effort was there though but I honestly wasn’t impressed for the most part. Would have liked to have had him a few years earlier than we did get him.

Wish him well.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Craig Kopczak Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:46 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Travelling Wilbury wrote:

Maybe age is catching up, and we've been talking on here about possible incoming forwards, surely if its caught up on him, we should be looking at younger props than some of the names being brandished about

That’s how I see it.

Being a prop like all positions has changed a lot in the past 20 years. It’s all bout speed and impact and as an add on if possible an off loading game.

On top of this modern training methods mean players are physically stronger sooner. As they are generally full time from about 18 they also learn sooner. They are also smaller or at least more compact, by smaller I mean in height, which to me though still useful is not as important as it once was. You can be shorter than a winger now and be a great prop.

Add all this together and the peak age of a prop probably drops as low a 26. When I started watching it was nearer 30. In terms of a playing career that’s a long time.

Koppy was a really strong mobile player in his day but it’s no quite there now imho.

Fifita on the other hand may gat away with it. Best will in the world fitness was never big Daves calling card. He is oddly quite fit but that’s more luck than judgement. He can play how he wants due to an incredible self belief and a formidable skill set. Age won’t retire his sort they retire themselves but they are a rare breed.

CK has made the right move as has the club. Gave us two good years one in incredibly difficult circumstances.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Craig Kopczak Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 am  
Eastern Wildcat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Travelling Wilbury wrote:

Very true TW. As much as I get the fact that there is no substitute for experience, the same can also be said about the determination and hunger of younger players wanting to make a name for themselves. We only need to look at some of our home grown players, who in a couple of tough years, have really put their hands up.

We need, I think maybe 3 props, maybe a mixture of youth and experience.

There are two overseas props out of contract, Kayleb Milne and Ky Rodwell, both 22 next year. Could be a younger project type player.
Next