WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Refs..... they are so bad

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Refs..... they are so bad

Refs..... they are so bad Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:21 pm  
newgroundb4cas User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Referees are so inconsistent I am getting frustrated with everygame I watch they are so bad. Thaler is decent but the rest.
I watched the cc cup final hinge on a play the ball decision the same ref nearly did the same with Warrington v Hull the other week not sure what they watch. Sts and Wigan you can penalise Bentley every tackle for holding down.
They make rods for their own backs.
Honestly they are so so bad. Incompetent
Kendell
Mikaluaskis
Moore
Grant
Child
UP THE TRIN !!!!
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 am  
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If only they were as consistent as you eh :thumb:
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 am  

1315trinity wrote:
1315trinity Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

[quote="newgroundb4cas"]Referees are so inconsistent I am getting frustrated with everygame I watch they are so bad. Thaler is decent but the rest.
I watched the cc cup final hinge on a play the ball decision the same ref nearly did the same with Warrington v Hull the other week not sure what they watch. Sts and Wigan you can penalise Bentley every tackle for holding down.
Kendell
Mikaluaskis
Moore
Grant

I don't think they are incompetent, but they certainly are inconsistent..
I don't think some of the rules nowadays are easy for interpretation and lead to frustrating decisions being made. A 'knock on for instance,' had a very simply definition years ago, but I haven't got a clue what constitutes a knock on nowadays. The referees seem to make their mind up at the time as to whether the ball has been knocked on.
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:47 am  

User avatarFIL wrote:
FIL User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

TBF I thought Liam Moore had a pretty good game last night and managed to keep the "lid on it" when things looked as though they could have got out of control, but the one I think they did get wrong was Naiqama's second try (I think) where Saints put a bomb up and Kyle Amor was in front of the kicker and then clearly within 10 metres of it when it landed. We had a try disallowed in identical circumstances a few weeks ago when Batch (I think ??) was given off-side. :roll: :roll:

Surely the rule needs tweaking so that if the off-side player does not become involved in any way in that play, then it should be play on ??
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:00 am  
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

newgroundb4cas wrote:
Referees are so inconsistent I am getting frustrated with everygame I watch they are so bad. Thaler is decent but the rest.
Kendell
Mikaluaskis
Moore
Grant
Child

Why don’t you get your badge and have a go then can just see you running about with your braces holding your y fronts up
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:19 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Like players it takes years to perfect refs.

We have a whole new batch of refs at the moment, only Thaler has any real experience. Give them another year or so then hopefully they will be up to speed. Give them a break.

It might help if we didn’t endlessly fiddle with the rules in the futile attempt to speed up the game. Do we really need on average 8 tries a game? RL in the past seemed to entertain far more people with far less points?
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:23 am  
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

FIL wrote:
TBF I thought Liam Moore had a pretty good game last night and managed to keep the "lid on it" when things looked as though they could have got out of control, but the one I think they did get wrong was Naiqama's second try (I think) where Saints put a bomb up and Kyle Amor was in front of the kicker and then clearly within 10 metres of it when it landed. We had a try disallowed in identical circumstances a few weeks ago when Batch (I think ??) was given off-side. :roll: :roll:

Surely the rule needs tweaking so that if the off-side player does not become involved in any way in that play, then it should be play on ??

The thing here is that the ref has only one pair of eyes with quite a bit going on, he has to make a split decision and on that basis sent it up to the VR, knowing that he will have umpteen chances to review it and should come to the right conclusion, right or wrong it's his decision and gives a better chance of it being given correctly, tbf it can't be much fun for any ref to have to deal with Catalans at any time, good piece of reffing for me irrespective of the outcome.
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:09 pm  

wakefieldwall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Absolutely sick of all the ref bashing. Like everyone else I shout at them at the matches in heat of it all but 99/100 their decision was right when I look at it later on.

The forensic picking apart of decisions using multiple camera views in slow motion doesn’t provide a fair reflection. People say they are killing the sport, well we don’t have a game without them. Rugby league family my @rse
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:20 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I think the galling thing is that they are consistently inconsistent.
Giving different decisions for the same thing....
Re: Refs..... they are so bad Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:34 pm  

User avatarFIL wrote:
FIL User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

little wayne69 wrote:
The thing here is that the ref has only one pair of eyes with quite a bit going on, he has to make a split decision and on that basis sent it up to the VR, knowing that he will have umpteen chances to review it and should come to the right conclusion, right or wrong it's his decision and gives a better chance of it being given correctly, tbf it can't be much fun for any ref to have to deal with Catalans at any time, good piece of reffing for me irrespective of the outcome.

Totally agree Wayne...as I said, I thought Liam Moore had a good game but it was Thaler who got it wrong as Amor was clearly off-side and then clearly with 10, so it should have been chalked off like ours was the other week. They just need to change that rule to one that actually makes sense :thumb:
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Next