WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Overseas Players

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Overseas Players

Overseas Players Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm  

Manuel wrote:
Manuel Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 am
Posts: 526
Watching Hull FC and their large overseas contingent, Faraimo, Tuimavave, Satau, Ma’a, Kelly, Fonua, Naulago and the likely heavy wage bill, it made me look at our squad.
Tupou, Miller, Arona, Fifita, Tanginoa, Tangata, Navarette, Gigot.
With our younger lads coming through now and the hope for more in the future and the suggestion of Sam Williams joining us, other than Navarette on loan, are any others off contract? Gigot hopefully!!
(I do know the French are not in the same equation but are not UK players). I hope our first five stay though.
With a probable reduced Sky deal, recruitment will change focus and may eventually have the side effect of us having to develop more UK players which can’t be a bad thing. Any ideas?
Re: Overseas Players Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:51 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 679
All we can do is wait and see ,and keep fingers crossed that rumours about some of the above players are not true
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:09 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 1238
Location: Behind the Sticks
Gigot has another year.
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:24 am  

TURFEDOUT wrote:
TURFEDOUT Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 2838
Manuel wrote:
Watching Hull FC and their large overseas contingent, Faraimo, Tuimavave, Satau, Ma’a, Kelly, Fonua, Naulago and the likely heavy wage bill, it made me look at our squad.
Tupou, Miller, Arona, Fifita, Tanginoa, Tangata, Navarette, Gigot.
With our younger lads coming through now and the hope for more in the future and the suggestion of Sam Williams joining us, other than Navarette on loan, are any others off contract? Gigot hopefully!!
(I do know the French are not in the same equation but are not UK players). I hope our first five stay though.
With a probable reduced Sky deal, recruitment will change focus and may eventually have the side effect of us having to develop more UK players which can’t be a bad thing. Any ideas?


Fairly sure Tangata is on season long loan from Halifax
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:01 am  
Travelling Wilbury User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 pm
Posts: 54
Let's hope that we can bring in the players we need.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure last year when we still had Pauli and Randell we were full on quota spots, and they have now both gone, with only Kelepi coming in on a permanent deal. Tangata is only on a season long loan.

It will depend on whether or not we keep Tangata, and can keep Kelepi
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:45 am  

cheshirecat57 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm
Posts: 1491
Travelling Wilbury wrote:
Let's hope that we can bring in the players we need.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure last year when we still had Pauli and Randell we were full on quota spots, and they have now both gone, with only Kelepi coming in on a permanent deal. Tangata is only on a season long loan.

It will depend on whether or not we keep Tangata, and can keep Kelepi

We released Justin Horo so we could bring in Kelepi
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:48 am  
Travelling Wilbury User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 pm
Posts: 54
cheshirecat57 wrote:
We released Justin Horo so we could bring in Kelepi


Apologies there, I forgot Horo
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:39 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2143
I suppose we have checked but would Sam Williams obtain a visa because aren’t you suppose to play a number of NRL games to qualify.
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:57 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13370
Location: wakefield
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I suppose we have checked but would Sam Williams obtain a visa because aren’t you suppose to play a number of NRL games to qualify.


I don't know the number he needs to reach but he's played a lot of games for Canberra.
He's played way more than Fifita or Miller.
I reckon only Tupou will have played more than him.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Overseas Players Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:05 pm  

KevW60349 wrote:
KevW60349 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:01 pm
Posts: 675
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I suppose we have checked but would Sam Williams obtain a visa because aren’t you suppose to play a number of NRL games to qualify.

Sam Williams has played for us already, one full season i believe and not that many years since, 3 is it?
I can't see a visa being an issue, but we are in strange times, so who knows .
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brightside, charlie, cosmicat, dboy, FIL, financialtimes, Joe Banjo, lampyboy, LG83, REDWHITEANDBLUE, RigbyLuger, sandcat20, Teltry, Travelling Wilbury, Yosemite Sam and 151 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,101,4991,39578,3404,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X