WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Covid sure to come our way now.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Covid sure to come our way now.

Covid sure to come our way now. Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:23 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

We all know Fax has 12 players positive, we know they played Leeds, the LEEDS match is going ahead with Wakey, So,
Added to these facts, Agar says Leeds are unchanged. This latter point is not that the players are unchanged, it's the very
High possibility they have latent Covid.
That is not fair to our players who are tested negative, it's also unfair & irresponsible, our players could take this home to their
Families !
On the flip side, Wakey has never looked to cancel any game, only me but, would/is that because any games not played is unpaid
By Sky, pro rata ?
Sky wanted money back for unplanned - missed games ??
But then I may be wrong ?
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:50 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TrinTrin wrote:
We all know Fax has 12 players positive, we know they played Leeds, the LEEDS match is going ahead with Wakey, So,
Added to these facts, Agar says Leeds are unchanged. This latter point is not that the players are unchanged, it's the very
High possibility they have latent Covid.

That is not fair to our players who are tested negative, it's also unfair & irresponsible, our players could take this home to their
Families !
On the flip side, Wakey has never looked to cancel any game, only me but, would/is that because any games not played is unpaid
By Sky, pro rata ?
Sky wanted money back for unplanned - missed games ??
But then I may be wrong ?

Wrong.
Firstly, its Cas.....
Regards Dirty Leeds - Four players have been stood down.
They would not be allowed to be in the squad.
"Latent" Covid?? WTF is that? :roll: :lol:
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:00 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I think you mean Castleford not Halifax. It would appear that the top clubs now want to cut us loose so they can concentrate on an expanded playoff and don’t want to risk their players on what they consider dead rubbers. We went to all that trouble to play our games resulting in heavy defeats and putting unnecessary pressure on our players some of whom I sure had to play with injuries.
If they do go ahead and end the season early then we, Hull KR and Castleford have been duped into believing that by playing our matches it was for the greater good but now they no longer need us. We have played, Catalan have not for Covid reasons but they will still be in the playoffs. I wonder if our sacrifice will be remembered.
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:06 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I think you mean Castleford not Halifax. It would appear that the top clubs now want to cut us loose so they can concentrate on an expanded playoff and don’t want to risk their players on what they consider dead rubbers. We went to all that trouble to play our games resulting in heavy defeats and putting unnecessary pressure on our players some of whom I sure had to play with injuries.
If they do go ahead and end the season early then we, Hull KR and Castleford have been duped into believing that by playing our matches it was for the greater good but now they no longer need us. We have played, Catalan have not for Covid reasons but they will still be in the playoffs. I wonder if our sacrifice will be remembered.

That's pretty much how I see it too.

The cynic in me also sees that a concentration of efforts towards an extended play off format may be some kind of "cash grab" by the top 4/5 clubs.
The winners and losers in terms of any funding havent been mentioned. Although, the "big 4" are certainly not know for charitable acts towards other clubs, not ever.

Trinity have absolutely bust a gut to fulfil their fixtures and it would be a real kick in the gonads if the season was effectively abandoned at this point. After all, there are very few games left.
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 pm  

User avatarMiro wrote:
Miro User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

BarnsleyGull wrote:
Wrong.
Firstly, its Cas.....
Regards Dirty Leeds - Four players have been stood down.
They would not be allowed to be in the squad.
"Latent" Covid?? WTF is that? :roll: :lol:

All this talk of what's fair and what isn't fair re fixtures and here we have covid infected players who may die let alone be up and running and playing the toughest sport in the world within a couple of weeks to fulfill these fixtures..
How heartless can wrencat and co be?
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:55 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

This is nothing new. One team gets Covid, only drops a couple of players, plays, the opposition then gets positive tests, only drops a couple of players, plays, and repeat.

Unfortunately the sport is at the beck and call of Sky who clearly don’t give a crap about player welfare.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:00 pm  
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Miro wrote:
All this talk of what's fair and what isn't fair re fixtures and here we have covid infected players who may die let alone be up and running and playing the toughest sport in the world within a couple of weeks to fulfill these fixtures..
How heartless can wrencat and co be?

Your on the wrong thread matey.
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:40 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

little wayne69 wrote:
Your on the wrong thread matey.

Think he was waiting for someone to bite..... :roll: :lol:
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:05 am  
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

BarnsleyGull wrote:
Think he was waiting for someone to bite..... :roll: :lol:

With the length of his posts he should only be allowed to use one thread, I bet the nights fly by in his house :roll:
Re: Covid sure to come our way now. Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:51 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Just back to viewing, message for Barnsley gull, suggest you look up what the word " Latent " means as you declare, wtf is that
Ha Hah
Next