WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Reece Lyne
Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:12 pm  

Jambon wrote:
Jambon Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Having an absolute blinder, well done lad!!
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:54 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Jambon wrote:
Having an absolute blinder, well done lad!!

He’s had a few stinkers recently, mark of the man to come back and put in that performance. As you say, well done that man.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:56 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
He’s had a few stinkers recently, mark of the man to come back and put in that performance. As you say, well done that man.

Not sure that I agree about the "stinkers" but, for me, he and Jowitt were our best 2 players today and there were plenty to choose from.
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:02 pm  

vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

wrencat1873 wrote:
Not sure that I agree about the "stinkers" but, for me, he and Jowitt were our best 2 players today and there were plenty to choose from.

Really! I reckon if you asked him he’d agree he did. No lack of effort from the lad I’ll give you that but some major rugby malfunctions especially towards the end of the last two games.

Today he played with verve, showing all the composure that a player of his experience should bring to a game.

I have a theory that when Lyne is playing well the whole team follows suit. He’s a bit of a talisman in that respect.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:03 pm  

User avatarFIL wrote:
FIL User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

See what our wingers can do when they get the ball in space !!!
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:13 pm  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Have to agree that Lyne hasn’t been great all season, and those were his first superleague tries of the season today. Being an ex-FC man he likes to lift his game against the old enemy though and hopefully he’ll kick on now.
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

vastman wrote:
Really! I reckon if you asked him he’d agree he did. No lack of effort from the lad I’ll give you that but some major rugby malfunctions especially towards the end of the last two games.

Today he played with verve, showing all the composure that a player of his experience should bring to a game.

I have a theory that when Lyne is playing well the whole team follows suit. He’s a bit of a talisman in that respect.

I don't agree with the stinkers. He has made some mistakes but dropping the ball when you are trying to get an under performing team to go forward is understandable.

What I do think though is that he's responded to the leadership/captain role.
I'd never really seen that before but he shows up well when leading the team.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:52 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

What you don’t get on TV is hearing him talking to BJB and attacking players around him, very vocal today and had a great game, just frightens me to death when he comes towards the touch.
Re: Reece Lyne Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:10 pm  

vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

PopTart wrote:
I don't agree with the stinkers. He has made some mistakes but dropping the ball when you are trying to get an under performing team to go forward is understandable.

What I do think though is that he's responded to the leadership/captain role.
I'd never really seen that before but he shows up well when leading the team.

Frame it any way you like PT as you always do, they were still stinkers regardless of intent. I don’t see how you can bag TJ for one missed tackle under similar pressure then let Lyne off. Contrary attitude even for you.

Even you must concede that in the second Saints game the whole team stank, as Lyne was in that team he too must of had a stinker. It’s pure logic if nothing else. :IDEA: :IDEA:

That said it’s all in the past now it’s only the future that matters
SUPPORT SWAG...