WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - To All Proud Wakefield Supporters & people.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity To All Proud Wakefield Supporters & people.

To All Proud Wakefield Supporters & people. Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I know not many read the Wakey Express with good reason, however, this weeks issue has details of the council's changes to Ings Rd Rondabout ! If you access the reply comments etc on line, it goes on to discuss ALL the changes over the next 10 to 15 yrs.
So you may ask, what's that to do with Wakey & Rugby ?
Answer, identity !
Wakefield is set to be part of the LEEDS CITY Region, inside the emerald ring. Leeds will be come as Manchester GLC & London GLC. Leeds will be the predominantly recognized in all political, industry & SPORT financially supported issues ! Day Facto.
Thus smaller sporting teams Wakey, Cas, Fev, will slowly diminish if not die, I probably won't see the end outcome, but Wakefields own identity will be lost, it will be " Wakefield in Leeds " the council are aware & will proceed whatever !
This is medium to long term, but it is going to happen, central gov want LA's to respond etc.
On the positives, over to you all !

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Struggling to see your point? Wakefield has already been part of Leeds City region for about a dozen years?

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It won't make a jot of difference.
Think the OP has been sniffing the diesel oil.

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Not sure what the problem is there.
I don't think it will happen like you say but even so Salford is still a City in its own right.
Birmingham has football team in Aston
London teams have plenty of identity away from London.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

RickK wrote:
RickK Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Very much 'nothing to see here' perhaps if we were given a new postcode and we became LS I'd be annoyed, an unlikely occurrence due to the huge implications, we could get lumped into the Leeds dialling code or even a new one to cover the urban sprawl of Leeds, the five towns, even the Heavy Woollen district but seeing as landlines are loosing out to mobiles and new technology that's not likely to happen.

Ings Road roundabout the catalyst for a Leeds takeover, not sure about that.

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Stangely enough Barnsley is in both Leeds City Region and Sheffield City Region. Work that one out!
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Redscat wrote:
Stangely enough Barnsley is in both Leeds City Region and Sheffield City Region. Work that one out!

I have a Sheffield postcode in Barnsley so I get that as they are the admin centre of South Yorkshire, but where's the connection with Leeds and West Yorkshire?

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

little wayne69 wrote:
I have a Sheffield postcode in Barnsley so I get that as they are the admin centre of South Yorkshire, but where's the connection with Leeds and West Yorkshire?

Don't know wayne, but Barnsley is nearer to Wakey than it is Sheffield if that's anything to do with it. Woolley Grange and South Hiendley are both in Wakefield and they have Sheffield post codes. :? :?

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Redscat wrote:
Don't know wayne, but Barnsley is nearer to Wakey than it is Sheffield if that's anything to do with it. Woolley Grange and South Hiendley are both in Wakefield and they have Sheffield post codes. :? :?
when I lived at Havercroft we had Wakefield council rates, Barnsley tel number and Sheffield electric bill, and South Hiendley was the village, very weird