WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford
Salford Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:55 pm  

Alchemist1 wrote:
Alchemist1 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Got to feel for them 2 covid positive maybe 2 more and up to 8 more self isolating in their first challenge cup final for 50 years rfl should rearrange to avoid it being totally one sided and its leeds too!
Re: Salford Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I thought you were going to say having to put up with Pauli Pauli. :D
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Salford Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:11 pm  

Trinityknight Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

It is what it isthey been so lucky with injuries over last 2years it was always gonna run out at some point in one way or another we had our fair share of covid issues too..lets see how salford cope
Re: Salford Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:23 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
I thought you were going to say having to put up with Pauli Pauli. :D

At least he'll get to play in a Cup Final - unlike our players.... :roll:
Re: Salford Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Alchemist1 wrote:
Got to feel for them 2 covid positive maybe 2 more and up to 8 more self isolating in their first challenge cup final for 50 years rfl should rearrange to avoid it being totally one sided and its leeds too!

Moving /delaying a showpiece event is far from straightforward but, if they are forced to play their 2nd string, due to Covid, there should be a postponement.
With the "world" watching and one of the few occasions when the game can be "sold" to the masses, RL is going to look just a little bit shambolic.
Re: Salford Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:43 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

wrencat1873 wrote:
Moving /delaying a showpiece event is far from straightforward but, if they are forced to play their 2nd string, due to Covid, there should be a postponement.
With the "world" watching and one of the few occasions when the game can be "sold" to the masses, RL is going to look just a little bit shambolic.

What’s new.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Salford Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:32 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:

I highly doubt that they will postpone with the costs associated with hiring Wembley twice, do they need a team to step in :D

Whatever team Salford field I am quite confident that it will be a competitive game, Salford have proved that they can be competitive with half a team this season.
Re: Salford Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 am  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

is it too late to loan players?
Re: Salford Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

homme vaste wrote:
I highly doubt that they will postpone with the costs associated with hiring Wembley twice, do they need a team to step in :D

Whatever team Salford field I am quite confident that it will be a competitive game, Salford have proved that they can be competitive with half a team this season.

Being competitive with a 2nd string isn't quite the same is it.
Injuries are part and parcel of the game but, having to rest 8 players to keep the other players "safe" is something completely different and unprecedented within our sport and for a major final to be affected in this way, it doesn't look great.
What would happen if all of their squad (or Leeds squad) were affected, could/should the cup be awarded without the game being played ?
Good sense would suggest playing the game at a different time but, as you rightly suggest, Wembley wont come cheap and there are major contractual obligations.
Also, would there be a different view taken if it was Leeds who were severely disadvantaged ?
Re: Salford Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:
Being competitive with a 2nd string isn't quite the same is it.
Injuries are part and parcel of the game but, having to rest 8 players to keep the other players "safe" is something completely different and unprecedented within our sport and for a major final to be affected in this way, it doesn't look great.
What would happen if all of their squad (or Leeds squad) were affected, could/should the cup be awarded without the game being played ?
Good sense would suggest playing the game at a different time but, as you rightly suggest, Wembley wont come cheap and there are major contractual obligations.
Also, would there be a different view taken if it was Leeds who were severely disadvantaged ?

I think Salford will beat Leeds this weekend, even with the players they have out.

From what I have seen, Salford and Watson are confident in the squad that they can put out and make no excuses so I don't know why others are trying to come up with excuses for them?
Next