WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dec Patton
Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:37 am  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Contract up at the end if the season and offered to SL clubs.
At 25 coyld he fit the requirements.
Not pkayed all season.
Maybe a lian with a view to buy?
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:38 am  

BackSeatCoach Stevo's Armpit

Didn't MC meet him a few years ago and he wanted space money?
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:52 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I thought Miller and Hampshire did well on Saturday. Leave them two there and Jowitt at fullback for the rest of the season.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:34 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

He's got the skills. Some have questioned his attitude but assuming that's ok I'd take him.

I don't agree about Hampshire. On the break he was excellent but when organising the play the ball just stopped when it got to him.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 am  

Alchemist1 wrote:
Alchemist1 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

We need an organiser desperately and a voice to get our forwards on the move i liked him a couple of years ago i think hes a bit like myler though not fulfilled his potential maybe a good move on loan until end of year especially if wire help with costs and reassess then
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:44 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Literally no point in bringing in anyone else now
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:13 am  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Think Pattons kicking game very good and he lokes to be in tbe thick of it.
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 am  
St Helens Wolf Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Patton certainly isn't the answer to your problems. He's had plenty of chance to show his worth at the Wire (he was starting half back for much of the season when Kev Brown was injured) and he's failed to deliver. His best role has been as impact hooker.

I know that quality half backs are in short supply (we've had a problem with our recruitment for a number of seasons) but I just don't see Dec as being SL standard. If you want him then there are plenty of Wire fans who would be more than happy to offer him a lift over to your place.
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:08 pm  

steve1g wrote:
steve1g Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Anyone that knows me knows I've been banging on this drum for a while - I think he's exactly the type of player we need and tend to go for, someone on the fringes of a 'top' club who hasn't had the extended run of games and level of responsibility needed to fulfil his potential. He has a good kicking game but his organisational skills are a bit of an unknown...and this is what the game time & responsibility should bring out/develop. Whether we have the time to wait for him to develop these skills is another matter but for me worth pursuing
Re: Dec Patton Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:30 pm  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Never seen anything from him to make me think he is any better than what we already have to be honest. In any case as much as we could do with a genuine quality scrum half why do people think we'll be bringing anyone of note in? We have Miller, Hampshire, Gigot, Jowitt & Bailey as halfback options under contract for next year. Given we'll be running a smaller squad next year unless one or two of those leave i guess we will go with what we have.
Next