WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Michael Carter & Twitter

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Michael Carter & Twitter

Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:26 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13170
Location: wakefield
It's a shame if Carter is getting grief on social media. It really isn't needed but unfortunately there is no check of intelligence or ethics when you buy a computer so it's a free for all.
Time to let him know what we think of him maybe to redress the balance.

I don't know him personally though have seen him do his job close at hand. I think he's one of the most important people we've ever had at Wakefield. He generally makes great and always good decisions in the clubs best interest.
He's well regarded in the rugby world, which, with no playing history to fall back on is quite an accolade.
I think the vast majority of Wakefield fans do appreciate him but unfortunately there are always going to be some who use anonymity to take a shot.
It's important to show that they are a small and unwanted group.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:47 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14580
If MC has closed his twitter a/c based on some of the idiots that feel the need to have a go, then, good on him.
Without this guy, we wouldn't have a club, which tells us everything we need to know.

Social media, while at it's best is a marvelous thing to have, at it's worst, is a hot bed of vile insults and abuse.
It seems that the only way for people to put their point accross is either, over complimentary or just way over the top in the opposite direction and too many people just cant help themselves.

It's a shame that people cant moderate themselves but, they cant. He will be better off staying away.
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:57 am  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 1683
Never been enticed to ever consider any of the social media sites. I like the RL forum because its on a topic i enjoy.
I just dont get why anyone wants to share their life and personal things and even more amazed that people follow it.
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:57 am  

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3637
Location: Wakefield
The abuse was to be expected unfortunately, someone in the changing rooms beforehand must have said "hang on this isn't a good idea"
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:05 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13170
Location: wakefield
charlie wrote:
The abuse was to be expected unfortunately, someone in the changing rooms beforehand must have said "hang on this isn't a good idea"


Expecting it and condoning it are two different things.
Either way it isn't right.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:59 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 29300
Location: Poodle Power!
charlie wrote:
The abuse was to be expected unfortunately, someone in the changing rooms beforehand must have said "hang on this isn't a good idea"


Not a good idea according to who?

I may be misreading your post but if you are saying it was the wrong thing to do then I despair. Where does this sense of moral superiority come from?
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:06 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13170
Location: wakefield
charlie wrote:
The abuse was to be expected unfortunately, someone in the changing rooms beforehand must have said "hang on this isn't a good idea"


Also when you say "this isn't a good idea"....... What do you mean by This?
Because the thing that happened was a group of sportsmen supporting each other, in particular a player who felt his religious beliefs were under pressure and making a stand against racism.
Sounds like a great idea to me.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:54 pm  

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3637
Location: Wakefield
As soon as I saw it just knew a load of people would jump all over it.

Not even sure why the RFL brought it in either, wonder if they consulted with the players beforehand - probably not.
Last edited by charlie on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:58 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 832
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
I’ve just been watching this weeks episode of fourty 20. If MC has seen last night, or received information of what has been said, then I’m not surprised he closed his twitter. I’ve always thought that Phil Caplin, was an ok journalist, but not after listening to his comments today, will I never purchase his magazine again. He wants to pander to the twitter fanatics, one minute he saying the game needs to debate how as a sport we deal with taking the knee, and dealing with some players views re religion etc, then he comes out with the statement along the lines of “as a sport, all players must take the knee, otherwise, they can’t play. He thinks the game’s sponsors, Sky, Might be upset, and we have to respect the BLM movement and take the knee. What the Hell, other Coaches within our game say they respect their players decision on wether to take knee or not. How can our game’s governing body instruct players on what political stance they should take. The twitter brigade have got the likes of Caplin, running scared, and allowing themselves to be bullied. God, if I ever see him at BV again, he’ll get a right telling off. I hope MC, the club stick to their guns, I don’t want to be part of a sport that runs scared of twitter bullying.

This conversation starts about 53 minutes into the program

Sorry PT, I mistakenly put it onto the other thread also
Re: Michael Carter & Twitter Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:19 pm  
Wakefield City Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Posts: 396
They wouldn’t still be doing the taking the knee at the football if crowds were allowed in that’s for sure.

Up the Trin
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Scarlet Pimpernell, trin77 and 92 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,084,02363478,2774,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts