WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Woolfpack in trouble

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Woolfpack in trouble

Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:35 am  

User avatartrintalk wrote:
trintalk User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Looks like Toronto are in trouble ,7 players cant get back into the country because on visa issues and allagations of player not getting paid
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:55 am  

wakefieldwall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

They can use their dual reg with Rochdale to draft some players in to cover.
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:55 am  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

trintalk wrote:
Looks like Toronto are in trouble ,7 players cant get back into the country because on visa issues and allagations of player not getting paid

I wonder if this is why the new fixture list hasn’t been released yet. This week’s League Express page 3 article, Due for release on July 6th pushed back to July 8th, now due to be signed off Tuesday 14th. Cutting it fine to get everything sorted for a restart August 2nd. A lot of logistics to sort out with clubs and Sky outside broadcasts.
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:44 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:03 am  
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

BarnsleyGull wrote:

This last paragraph would interest some Championship clubs, but I think it would be extremely unfair for Toronto, it’s a situation completely beyond their control.

Even if the threat of relegation was lifted, officials at the clubs' meeting admitted they still might fail to make the starting gate on resumption in less than three weeks time.
That would leave the RFL and the other 11 clubs with a tough decision - whether to suspend Toronto's place in the Super League until the 2021 campaign because of exceptional circumstances, or relegate them to the Championship or maybe back to League One as punishment for failing to fulfil fixtures.
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:24 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
This last paragraph would interest some Championship clubs, but I think it would be extremely unfair for Toronto, it’s a situation completely beyond their control.

Even if the threat of relegation was lifted, officials at the clubs' meeting admitted they still might fail to make the starting gate on resumption in less than three weeks time.
That would leave the RFL and the other 11 clubs with a tough decision - whether to suspend Toronto's place in the Super League until the 2021 campaign because of exceptional circumstances, or relegate them to the Championship or maybe back to League One as punishment for failing to fulfil fixtures.

Probably the reason why the fixtures have been delayed.......
They could suspend their matches, award the points to the other team - it would make sense seeing as they've lost every game and no-one is losing out - and then allow them to play in 2021....
Of course the issue is then the Championship clubs - quite rightly - jumping up and down....
So then make 2021 an 14 team SL with 2 teams relegated - which, in my opinion - it should be and it would also get rid of the ridiculous loop fixtures.....
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:40 am  
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

BarnsleyGull wrote:
Probably the reason why the fixtures have been delayed.......
They could suspend their matches, award the points to the other team - it would make sense seeing as they've lost every game and no-one is losing out - and then allow them to play in 2021....
Of course the issue is then the Championship clubs - quite rightly - jumping up and down....
So then make 2021 an 14 team SL with 2 teams relegated - which, in my opinion - it should be and it would also get rid of the ridiculous loop fixtures.....

It all comes down to money. MC has already said that each SL club will have about £300.000 less Sky money next season. If the League is increased to 14 teams, the the amount received by each club is further reduced. I think I’m correct in saying that when Trinity were promoted, they didn’t receive Sky funding the first year, but other SL clubs helped out. Can’t see that happening again.
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:17 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I think it was the RFL that assisted us financially not super league.
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:25 am  

User avatarJINJER wrote:
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

When we were promoted I’m sure all the Championship clubs chipped in rather than the RFL and SL unless the RFL organised it?
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Re: Woolfpack in trouble Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:34 am  
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

JINJER wrote:
When we were promoted I’m sure all the Championship clubs chipped in rather than the RFL and SL unless the RFL organised it?

Yes, I think both you and the SP are correct. I just remember Trinity not receiving the proper funding, which put us at a great disadvantage from the start. It really is amazing how we’ve survived all these years.
Next