WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - O/T Politics and Pandemics

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity O/T Politics and Pandemics


User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 947
Location: Behind the Sticks
Willzay wrote:
Too soon. Way too soon.

Why?

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1610
Location: Tomorrowland
charlie wrote:
Be interesting to see what the rates are after the protests.


True, I would imagine that the large scale protests in London, Manchester and Birmingham alone could potentially take us into the second spike that we looked on track to avoid just a week ago.

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 9921
homme vaste wrote:
True, I would imagine that the large scale protests in London, Manchester and Birmingham alone could potentially take us into the second spike that we looked on track to avoid just a week ago.


Nothing to do with the Government setting a pI$$ poor example of adhering to the lockdown rules then?

I’m sure if Cummings can get away with “going for a drive to test his eyesight”, then I’m sure people are now allowed to protest against systematic racism?
Profit over Lives - The Tory way

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 9921
BarnsleyGull wrote:
Why?


Just going off numerous articles I’ve read whereby a number of scientists have warned about the Government easing lockdown restrictions to early.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 947
Location: Behind the Sticks
Willzay wrote:
Just going off numerous articles I’ve read whereby a number of scientists have warned about the Government easing lockdown restrictions to early.


And similarly the articles I have read - including one by an ex chief scientist to the WHO to say that we are on target for this to now move forward.
You don't seem to grasp that this virus - just like the flu virus and other corona-viruses - will be with us for a long time to come.

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1610
Location: Tomorrowland
Willzay wrote:
Nothing to do with the Government setting a pI$$ poor example of adhering to the lockdown rules then?

I’m sure if Cummings can get away with “going for a drive to test his eyesight”, then I’m sure people are now allowed to protest against systematic racism?


Out of interest where in my statement did I say that people were "not allowed to protest"? I said that thousands of people gathering would put us more at risk of a second spike? Which is a fact, now step down off that lefty pedestal your are and quit whinging for no good reason.

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 9921
homme vaste wrote:
Out of interest where in my statement did I say that people were "not allowed to protest"? I said that thousands of people gathering would put us more at risk of a second spike? Which is a fact, now step down off that lefty pedestal your are and quit whinging for no good reason.


You mentioned the protesters but what about the Government officials, the countless idiots who went to the beaches and parks the past few days?

Call me a whinging leftist all you want, but if there is a second spike, I can think of a lot more people to blame before the recent protesters.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 4227
homme vaste wrote:
Out of interest where in my statement did I say that people were "not allowed to protest"? I said that thousands of people gathering would put us more at risk of a second spike? Which is a fact, now step down off that lefty pedestal your are and quit whinging for no good reason.

:CLAP:
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 789
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Willzay wrote:
Nothing to do with the Government setting a pI$$ poor example of adhering to the lockdown rules then?

I’m sure if Cummings can get away with “going for a drive to test his eyesight”, then I’m sure people are now allowed to protest against systematic racism?

I’m sorry, but I have to say I think you are wrong. You, me, everyone is responsible for our own actions. I’m sure you are not a child, but a responsible adult. Responsible people should set a good example and do the right thing. My wife is Shielded. Therefore I have to be extremely careful when I go out usually twice a week locally. I, like most people would love to do the normal thing, but sensible people have to do the right thing for themselves and others, and not to use the stupid actions of one man as an excuse to do the same stupid things that could undo all the sacrifices most people have made these past few weeks. I repeat. We are all responsible for our actions.

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13055
Location: wakefield
Willzay wrote:
Nothing to do with the Government setting a pI$$ poor example of adhering to the lockdown rules then?

I’m sure if Cummings can get away with “going for a drive to test his eyesight”, then I’m sure people are now allowed to protest against systematic racism?


Nope. No comparison between the two.
But you said this before Willzay. Keep to the point.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1873, alegend, Big lads mate, bramleyrhino, cheshirecat57, cocker, coco the fullback, Eastern Wildcat, jools, Kettykat, MOPSEY LIVES ON, normycat, phe13, roverman, STB, steadygetyerboots-on, The Phantom Horseman, Victor, wakefield1990 and 144 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,070,7651,09978,2134,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts