WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Nightmare decisions to make.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Nightmare decisions to make.

Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm  

User avatarFIL wrote:
FIL User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I just caught the back end of a news bulletin on the radio yesterday afternoon and just heard "Superleague and Championship seasons have been terminated with immediate effect" and thought WTF ????

Turns out it was referring to Women's Football :DOH:
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Tue May 26, 2020 4:17 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

FIL wrote:
I just caught the back end of a news bulletin on the radio yesterday afternoon and just heard "Superleague and Championship seasons have been terminated with immediate effect" and thought WTF ????

Turns out it was referring to Women's Football :DOH:

Terrible about women’s football :roll: can’t wait till August, got my hi-vis ready for being a ball boy :D
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Original question, what if ?
Well look @ the Hull fc problem now, 6 players tested positive, now them & Salford face more testing & closure for 2 weeks, problems are
When will others show symptoms, have/had any other teams used the same dressing rooms that day & if so when will symptoms show.
Will officials be affected being near when talking to players etc.
How many games will be postponed & will they never play them ? Will other teams loose points, then what about cup games as time weeks
run on ?
This could be farcical yet ! But I hope not for the good of the game !
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 pm  

wakeytrin wrote:
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

TrinTrin wrote:
Original question, what if ?
Well look @ the Hull fc problem now, 6 players tested positive, now them & Salford face more testing & closure for 2 weeks, problems are
When will others show symptoms, have/had any other teams used the same dressing rooms that day & if so when will symptoms show.
Will officials be affected being near when talking to players etc.
How many games will be postponed & will they never play them ? Will other teams loose points, then what about cup games as time weeks
run on ?
This could be farcical yet ! But I hope not for the good of the game !

I've just seen this news and wondered what effect it would have on the rest of the season.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 pm  

BOJ042 wrote:
BOJ042 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wakeytrin wrote:
I've just seen this news and wondered what effect it would have on the rest of the season.
I think they will have to cancel season - salford and hull will not be able to play for 14 days at least - and any teams that used same dressing sheds etc will be affected . its a sad world
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:41 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Read on the VT that we used different changing rooms to Hull FC/Salford/Leeds/Saints. So we might be fine, but our game could still be affected if either Leeds or Saints get a positive result.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:13 am  
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Willzay wrote:
Read on the VT that we used different changing rooms to Hull FC/Salford/Leeds/Saints. So we might be fine, but our game could still be affected if either Leeds or Saints get a positive result.

We used the same pitch though a lot of shedding of the virus could have taken place prior to our game
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

There were positive tests in the Premier League and they simple asked the players concerned to self isolate. Nothing happened to the league.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

PopTart wrote:
There were positive tests in the Premier League and they simple asked the players concerned to self isolate. Nothing happened to the league.

The worrying thing here is that we've had only one full round of games and you would expect that controls and adhering to the protocol would be at it's highest and yet there are a number of positive tests.
They need to establish quickly just where the virus was picked up.
Was it during the game, practice or, one or more players ignoring the protocol.

Has to be said this is not great for the sport though and lets just hope that a few players were "unlucky".
Re: Nightmare decisions to make. Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:22 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

wrencat1873 wrote:
The worrying thing here is that we've had only one full round of games and you would expect that controls and adhering to the protocol would be at it's highest and yet there are a number of positive tests.
They need to establish quickly just where the virus was picked up.
Was it during the game, practice or, one or more players ignoring the protocol.

Has to be said this is not great for the sport though and lets just hope that a few players were "unlucky".

I've seen a few "not great for the sport" comments.

If that means it's not great because it might affect how we play and how the league pans out then absolutely it isn't.
If that means that the sports profile is damaged then I don't agree as football and rugby union have both had positive tests before us.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
PreviousNext