WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Just an idea

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Just an idea

Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:22 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1034
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Just been watching some of our players doing their training routines on the Twitter. I would imagine we have a fully fit squad other than joe A. If the season is up and running before the end of the end of May, given the size of SL squads, it should be feasible to play 2 games a week. Full program on Wednesday nights, 3 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday.This would provide Sky sports plenty of choice. The 6 teams playing on Saturday will play Sunday the following week, to ensure fairness to all clubs. To avoid fatigue to players, no player can play more than 2 consecutive games, (the good coaches will know how to rotate his players) The obvious fly in the ointment is Challenge cup, and part time players in the lower leagues.
I’m well aware that many on here are better game planners than me, and there’s plenty of holes to pick in this idea. Just have a think, and someone might have the ideal solution. I’m just desperate to see live rugby league again.
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5271
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Just been watching some of our players doing their training routines on the Twitter. I would imagine we have a fully fit squad other than joe A. If the season is up and running before the end of the end of May, given the size of SL squads, it should be feasible to play 2 games a week. Full program on Wednesday nights, 3 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday.This would provide Sky sports plenty of choice. The 6 teams playing on Saturday will play Sunday the following week, to ensure fairness to all clubs. To avoid fatigue to players, no player can play more than 2 consecutive games, (the good coaches will know how to rotate his players) The obvious fly in the ointment is Challenge cup, and part time players in the lower leagues.
I’m well aware that many on here are better game planners than me, and there’s plenty of holes to pick in this idea. Just have a think, and someone might have the ideal solution. I’m just desperate to see live rugby league again.

I wouldn’t be surprised that when the league starts the first games might be behind closed doors.
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:42 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1034
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Is that just an educated guess :lol: or something else
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:49 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1034
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Big lads mate wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised that when the league starts the first games might be behind closed doors.

If it’s behind closed doors, who do I speak to for volunteering as a ball boy :D
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:49 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5271
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Is that just an educated guess :lol: or something else

Whatever, but the sooner the better cos I’m getting bored now :(
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:50 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5271
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
If it’s behind closed doors, who do I speak to for volunteering as a ball boy :D

I’d pay to watch that :lol: :lol:
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:19 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1034
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Big lads mate wrote:
I’d pay to watch that :lol: :lol:

Remember this one
"Ooh you are awful. But I like you." :lol:
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5271
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Remember this one
"Ooh you are awful. But I like you." :lol:

Dick Emery....classic :lol:
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:35 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20706
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Just been watching some of our players doing their training routines on twitter.
never mind players keeping fit while we're at home we need to keep fit too,
Here's a good one to join in with not too energetic and if you can't do them at least it leaves with a smile :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/get-inspired/46794187
click on this link to give support for the stadium application

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... 7D2QQJOS00

the club needs you
Re: Just an idea Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:47 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5271
snowie wrote:
never mind players keeping fit while we're at home we need to keep fit too,
Here's a good one to join in with not too energetic and if you can't do them at least it leaves with a smile :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/get-inspired/46794187

I’d try my best if she was at the side of me Snowie :LOVE: :D
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellycouldtackle, Cats13, cheshirecat57, coco the fullback, Dunkirk Spirit, got there, Khlav Kalash, lampyboy, LG83, The Devil's Advocate, Trinity1964, Trojan Horse, Up The Jumper Time, vastman, Wakeywakeywakey, Wildthing, Willzay and 196 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,117,5751,23478,4334,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X