u RLFANS.COM - Crowdfunding loan WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Crowdfunding loan

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Crowdfunding loan

Crowdfunding loan
Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 412
Rep Position: 56th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1897
At the end of the day, Trinity is a business so I don't expect people to give endlessly.

So how about a spectator loan. We could do this via crowdfunding, giving people the option to request a full refund when thing return to normal or not if or willing.

Easy for the club to set up and may well get a wider audience especially through Twitter and Facebook. Again I don't expect it to raise a million but we need to try everything.

https://uk.gofundme.com/sign-up

Over to the club
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:00 pm
Posted by charlie63wildcat on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:00 pm
charlie63wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 51
Rep Position: 264th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 1756
Fishermanscap wrote:
At the end of the day, Trinity is a business so I don't expect people to give endlessly.

So how about a spectator loan. We could do this via crowdfunding, giving people the option to request a full refund when thing return to normal or not if or willing.

Easy for the club to set up and may well get a wider audience especially through Twitter and Facebook. Again I don't expect it to raise a million but we need to try everything.

https://uk.gofundme.com/sign-up

Over to the club

Sounds like it has potential. I'd do it
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:27 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:27 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 412
Rep Position: 56th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1897
charlie63wildcat wrote:
Sounds like it has potential. I'd do it


I've had a reply from the club and basically they say they can't accept loans from fans because they cannot be sure they could ever pay it back, brutal but wonderfully honest.

As for a gift to the club well I suppose that's up to us, I'll look into it and how it works and if it's feasible I'll set one up.

In the meantime, MC stressed that Trinity TV and the lottery are the best ways to support the club at the moment. :thumb:
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:47 pm
Posted by wakeytrin on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:47 pm
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 245
Rep Position: 107th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3743
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
Fishermanscap wrote:
I've had a reply from the club and basically they say they can't accept loans from fans because they cannot be sure they could ever pay it back, brutal but wonderfully honest.

As for a gift to the club well I suppose that's up to us, I'll look into it and how it works and if it's feasible I'll set one up.

In the meantime, MC stressed that Trinity TV and the lottery are the best ways to support the club at the moment. :thumb:

I've had Trinity TV since just after it was launched. Good content, matches and interviews.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 pm
Posted by Big lads mate on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 pm
Big lads mate Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 352
Rep Position: 71st / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4646
Should have some spare coin now the pubs, clubs, restaurants and gyms are to close :twisted: bloody China :x
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:49 am
Posted by PopTart on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:49 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 1033
Rep Position: 3rd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12593
Location: wakefield
I've had Trinity TV from the start too.
I'm joining the lottery now. If you want to help the club its a good way to do it.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:45 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:45 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 412
Rep Position: 56th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1897
PopTart wrote:
I've had Trinity TV from the start too.
I'm joining the lottery now. If you want to help the club its a good way to do it.



Yes correct.

It’s also a knock on effect. The more people who do it the larger the prize fund can become and thus the more people it can attract.

I’m also going to ask the club this question when I get chance. To make the lottery even more attractive fans could also donate prizes.
For example o now own two Bosch cordless drills, don’t ask.

I should have taken one back but it’s to late now. It’s never been opened and is worth about a £100.

Make a nice consolation prize. I could get most of it back on eBay but what the hell the monies gone and I haven’t missed it.

Clearly the club don’t want junk, it has to be quality stuff but if we want to attract a pound a go from non fan punters the prizes have to stack up. We can’t pay the prizes the do for. Pound a go but we can offer better iddd of winning something.

I’ll see what MmC says and what things might work.

As ever I might be talking rubbish so bare with me. Thanks
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:05 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:05 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 412
Rep Position: 56th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1897
Just thought, anyone have a 24 pack of bog roll free. We’d outsell the national lottery with one of those as first prize :CURTAIN:
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:25 pm
Posted by alegend on Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:25 pm
alegend Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 79
Rep Position: 236th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 492
Think now just shows how far we are behind the game in Ozz . Over there the Rugby leage have given every S L clubs over 200,000 dollar,s to keep them going .Our Rugby League are standing by as some S L clubs may go bust , yet wasted more money on Bradford by buying there ground for well over 1 million pound.Money which could have helped all S L clubs now
Re: Crowdfunding loan
Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:40 pm
Posted by TheDreadnought on Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:40 pm
TheDreadnought User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 453
Rep Position: 48th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 1085
Fishermanscap wrote:
Just thought, anyone have a 24 pack of bog roll free. We’d outsell the national lottery with one of those as first prize :CURTAIN:


Ever thought about doing stand up?? :roll:
The Dreadnought - Feared forum wide.

x
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: huddiepuddies, lampyboy, poplar cats alive and 90 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,025,77094178,0434,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






33