u RLFANS.COM - Line up for Hull Kr WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Line up for Hull Kr

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Line up for Hull Kr

Line up for Hull Kr
Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:00 pm
Posted by Kirmudgeonly on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:00 pm
Kirmudgeonly Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 118
Rep Position: 197th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 476
Given the injury crisis any thoughts on starting line up for kr , from having a team that pretty much picks it self we seem to be struggling or making changes in just about every area.

Pack in particular looks really thin - hopefully ashurst and milky will make it , but we really are struggling in front row
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:20 pm
Posted by TrinityIHC on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:20 pm
TrinityIHC User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 46
Rep Position: 269th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:28 pm
Posts: 4957
Location: Outside your remit
Kirmudgeonly wrote:
Given the injury crisis any thoughts on starting line up for kr , from having a team that pretty much picks it self we seem to be struggling or making changes in just about every area.

Pack in particular looks really thin - hopefully ashurst and milky will make it , but we really are struggling in front row


I think we are just missing another prop, then pretty happy with the squad to be fair.

As we are now, I would go:

Walker
TJ
Tupou
Lyne
Rocky

Miller
Brough

Kopczak
J Wood
Tanginoa
Ashurst
Batchelor
Westerman

=======
K Wood
Pitts
Tangata
Gwaze

If Walker is out then Jowitt to Fullback

*edited - just seen updated injury news!
There's Only One F in Wakefield
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:27 pm
Posted by Dunkirk Spirit on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:27 pm
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 137
Rep Position: 183rd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 496
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Still time for another addition to the squad before then. CC said on last night’s post match interview, looking to bring another player into squad, as he’s only got 2 props available out of the 7 in the squad.
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:57 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:57 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1244
Rep Position: 2nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13491
TrinityIHC wrote:
I think we are just missing another prop, then pretty happy with the squad to be fair.

As we are now, I would go:

Walker
TJ
Tupou
Lyne
Rocky

Miller
Brough

Kopczak
J Wood
Tanginoa
Ashurst
Batchelor
Westerman

=======
K Wood
Pitts
Tangata
Gwaze

If Walker is out then Jowitt to Fullback

*edited - just seen updated injury news!


I think that Jowitt would miss out (unless Walker and Miller are not fit)

Hampshire to FB and Atkins in the threequarters, with either Tupou, Lyne or Atkins on the wing
Have to say, I like the look of the "new" Wood, looks great in defence !

If Miller isn't right, then it will be Hampshire & Brough in the halves

Let's hope that we can strengthen the pack too.
We looked light at Leeds and light again last night.

Gwaze looks to have improved from last season though and certainly gets stuck in.
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm
Posted by Trinityknight on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm
Trinityknight Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 85
Rep Position: 230th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 4:03 am
Posts: 208
Max...unless walker is fit
Tommy
Lynne
Atkins
Bill
Miller
Hampshire
Koppy
Josh wood
Kelepi
Pitts
Ashurst...cc did say he should be ok for next week
Westerman

Kirmond
Tangata
Batchelor
K wood


Very light in front row hopefully somone can come in and replace kirmo or batch on bench..think id start with josh wood he looks livley and a better defence than kyle and i do think kyle offers more when he comeson as a sub and as tyring bodies around him
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:51 pm
Posted by TrinityIHC on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:51 pm
TrinityIHC User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 46
Rep Position: 269th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:28 pm
Posts: 4957
Location: Outside your remit
wrencat1873 wrote:
I think that Jowitt would miss out (unless Walker and Miller are not fit)

Hampshire to FB and Atkins in the threequarters, with either Tupou, Lyne or Atkins on the wing
Have to say, I like the look of the "new" Wood, looks great in defence !

If Miller isn't right, then it will be Hampshire & Brough in the halves

Let's hope that we can strengthen the pack too.
We looked light at Leeds and light again last night.

Gwaze looks to have improved from last season though and certainly gets stuck in.


Yeah thats a good shout too tbh, I just think Jowitt impresses whenever he plays, great passing game, good under the bomb, chimes well into the attack etc. Though physically he can get bullied.

Also Atkins has been impressive so far in the friendlies, wouldnt mind him in at right centre and Lyne out to the wing either.
There's Only One F in Wakefield
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm
Posted by Kirmudgeonly on Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm
Kirmudgeonly Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 118
Rep Position: 197th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 476
Actually can’t believe how light weight the pack is looking, when we rotate we won’t have one recognised prop on field ...
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:12 am
Posted by Fordy on Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:12 am
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 105
Rep Position: 210th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:15 am
Posts: 4860
Trinityknight wrote:
Max...unless walker is fit
Tommy
Lynne

Atkins
Bill
Miller
Hampshire
Koppy
Josh wood
Kelepi
Pitts
Ashurst...cc did say he should be ok for next week
Westerman

Kirmond
Tangata
Batchelor
K wood


Very light in front row hopefully somone can come in and replace kirmo or batch on bench..think id start with josh wood he looks livley and a better defence than kyle and i do think kyle offers more when he comeson as a sub and as tyring bodies around him



I don't think I'd go with that option, as much as I like Reece I don't see him giving Johnstone enough quality ball as his centre. I'd rather keep Tupou and Tom together and put Reece and Atkins together with Reece on the wing probably although they could do that the other way round.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.

Learn from the past, but don't live in it!
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:26 am
Posted by Quel Suprise! on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:26 am
Quel Suprise! Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 314th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 996
I’m wondering if arona will play 10 Friday.

Although he’s not featured in any of the friendlies he’s been by all accounts involved in full contact training for a couple of weeks.

Bit disappointing to go into opening couple of games minus fafita & green. Add to it the loss of king and we look very short upfront if arona doesn’t play. To be missing 3 of your first choice 4 props is unfortunate.

If walker is out we have adequate cover in Hampshire and jowitt.

Unsure if crowther would have made the first 17; but we have plenty of options in back row at minute anyway.

Gwaze from what I have seen is a number of years from been a super league prop. I wouldn’t really want to be seeing him play this season.

Let’s hope kopczak doesn’t pick an injury up in first couple of games.
Talipeau a legend of the sport.
Re: Line up for Hull Kr
Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:42 am
Posted by TrinityIHC on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:42 am
TrinityIHC User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 46
Rep Position: 269th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:28 pm
Posts: 4957
Location: Outside your remit
Quel Suprise! wrote:
I’m wondering if arona will play 10 Friday.

Although he’s not featured in any of the friendlies he’s been by all accounts involved in full contact training for a couple of weeks.

Bit disappointing to go into opening couple of games minus fafita & green. Add to it the loss of king and we look very short upfront if arona doesn’t play. To be missing 3 of your first choice 4 props is unfortunate.

If walker is out we have adequate cover in Hampshire and jowitt.

Unsure if crowther would have made the first 17; but we have plenty of options in back row at minute anyway.

Gwaze from what I have seen is a number of years from been a super league prop. I wouldn’t really want to be seeing him play this season.

Let’s hope kopczak doesn’t pick an injury up in first couple of games.


Only way Gwaze will improve is by playing, I don't think he's that much of a weak link, didnt look out of place when he played last year. I wouldnt be upset if we were using him off the bench - think we might have to at this rate.
There's Only One F in Wakefield
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: djcool, Google Adsense [Bot] and 56 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,026,69087378,0434,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






33