WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture

Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 pm
Posted by TheDreadnought on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 pm
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 425
Rep Position: 51st / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 971
little wayne69 wrote:
The phrase a plaster for every sore comes to mind here.


Just accept that many have made a presumption of to why I could be getting bored of the same game each year.
The Dreadnought - Feared forum wide.

x
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:18 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1189
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12894
TheDreadnought wrote:
I didn’t post “is anyone getting bored of the money we make from this fixture” I asked if anyone was getting bored of the particular game on the particular day.

Would a home/away fixture against Castleford be just as interesting if not better?


Sorry but, I really dont get your point(s)

A few weeks ago, you were again, the only one bemoaning the price of our season tickets and wanting price reductions to compete with Huddersfield ?? and to bizarrely compete with cheaper prices in the NRL and now, on this thread, you asked if anyone else is getting bored with the Boxing Day fixture against Leeds and while I'm all for fighting for something that you want to happen, again, you seem to be on your own.

These are "trial" games and the Boxing Day game is really just a money spinner, as usually it's a little early in the pre season to do anything other than allow the players a run out and give the fans a chance to see any up and coming youngsters and possibly some new signings.

We have played Cas in pre season previously and IIRC, the last time we just scraped past their "reserves", when fielding for, us, something closer to a first choice 17 but, even this mattered not, because they are just warm up / trial games, which hopefully allow the coaching staff to make decisions for the first few games of the season and to test the mettle of some of the younger players.

The answer to your original question seems to be a resounding NO.
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Posted by TheDreadnought on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 425
Rep Position: 51st / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 971
wrencat1873 wrote:
Sorry but, I really dont get your point(s)

A few weeks ago, you were again, the only one bemoaning the price of our season tickets and wanting price reductions to compete with Huddersfield ?? and to bizarrely compete with cheaper prices in the NRL and now, on this thread, you asked if anyone else is getting bored with the Boxing Day fixture against Leeds and while I'm all for fighting for something that you want to happen, again, you seem to be on your own.

These are "trial" games and the Boxing Day game is really just a money spinner, as usually it's a little early in the pre season to do anything other than allow the players a run out and give the fans a chance to see any up and coming youngsters and possibly some new signings.

We have played Cas in pre season previously and IIRC, the last time we just scraped past their "reserves", when fielding for, us, something closer to a first choice 17 but, even this mattered not, because they are just warm up / trial games, which hopefully allow the coaching staff to make decisions for the first few games of the season and to test the mettle of some of the younger players.

The answer to your original question seems to be a resounding NO.


You shouldn’t have wasted your time writing all that, just a load of meaningless drivel. The point is I’m getting bored with the fixture, whether I’m on my own or not the fact remains the same. I didn’t post this for everyone to then jump up and down agreeing with me. I was simply curious.

Anyway that’s the end of that one x
The Dreadnought - Feared forum wide.

x
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 pm
Posted by FIL on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 pm
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 162
Rep Position: 161st / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 2119
Location: Riding the Trinity rollercoaster !!
BarnsleyGull wrote:
Well, thanks for that Mr. SatNav.
That's a great weight off my mind.


Yes BG, you could use your satnav (if you've got one), but I'm certain that most people won't just to get to Headingley from Wakefield (and back).
I was merely highlighting an alternative to Wrencat and anyone else that goes via the Armley Gyratory and Kirkstall Road and then gets stuck in traffic every time we go there !!
HTH :roll: :roll:
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:33 pm
Posted by Willzay on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:33 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 830
Rep Position: 10th / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 8989
TheDreadnought wrote:
You shouldn’t have wasted your time writing all that, just a load of meaningless drivel. The point is I’m getting bored with the fixture, whether I’m on my own or not the fact remains the same. I didn’t post this for everyone to then jump up and down agreeing with me. I was simply curious.

Anyway that’s the end of that one x


So all in all another pointless thread.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:34 pm
Posted by Willzay on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:34 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 830
Rep Position: 10th / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 8989
[quote="TheDreadnought"]

Cas obviously. Don’t you watch or read the news.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:43 pm
Posted by TheDreadnought on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:43 pm
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 425
Rep Position: 51st / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 971
[quote="Willzay"]

Do you have the link mate?
The Dreadnought - Feared forum wide.

x
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 pm
Posted by little wayne69 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 pm
little wayne69 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 531
Rep Position: 34th / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 1318
TheDreadnought wrote:
You shouldn’t have wasted your time writing all that, just a load of meaningless drivel. The point is I’m getting bored with the fixture, whether I’m on my own or not the fact remains the same. I didn’t post this for everyone to then jump up and down agreeing with me. I was simply curious.

Anyway that’s the end of that one x

Errr looking back on the thread not sure that anybody agreed with you, as for the meaningless drivel, wrenny offered you an explanation you simply couldn't cope with hence your rearguard action(if you'll excuse the terminology) in reference to another thread of yours.

Maybe they could go to another of your favourite teams shudds and play in front of an empty stadium, run the same risk of injuries for no financial reward, or if your really that bored you could always go up Westgate and cause an arguement.
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:36 pm
Posted by TheDreadnought on Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:36 pm
TheDreadnought User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 425
Rep Position: 51st / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 971
little wayne69 wrote:
Errr looking back on the thread not sure that anybody agreed with you, as for the meaningless drivel wrenny offered you an explanation you simply couldn't cope with hence your rearguard action(if you'll excuse the terminology) in reference to another thread of yours.

Maybe they could go to another of your favourite teams shudds and play in front of an empty stadium, run the same risk of injuries for no financial reward, or if your really that bored you could always go up Westgate and cause an arguement.


Do you have difficulty reading?
The Dreadnought - Feared forum wide.

x
Re: "Festive" Boxing Day Fixture
Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:55 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:55 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 382
Rep Position: 61st / 77,947

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1654
Big lads mate wrote:
I’ll try and explain FC, you said 99% haven’t lost their marbles to which Dunkirk replied with, what about the other 15%, jokingly putting him in the 1% that have lost their marbles, with the witty reply of 15%, cos we all know 15 and 99 doesn’t make 100 :D God, I wish I’d never started. Don’t worry FC you won’t be the first and definitely not the last that a good joke has gon a begging :thumb:


Got it! Think I was over thinking it :D
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MOPSEY LIVES ON, musson and 76 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,995,3071,18177,9474,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 17th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 11th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 26th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 2nd Jul 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33