WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Ground
Ground
Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:00 pm
Posted by Big man 1965 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:00 pm
Big man 1965 Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 299th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 am
Posts: 33
Am sure mc said there would be some News regarding the ground in early September by end of September or early October it is now mid November and still no news I have spoken to a few fans who said they are not going anymore because the ground is getting worst by the day I have got my season ticket for next season been going for over 40 years but even I will not go when it is raining It’s just so unpleasant it needs sorting fast Before we start loosing support
Re: Ground
Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Posted by Dunkirk Spirit on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 122
Rep Position: 192nd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 293
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Big man 1965 wrote:
Am sure mc said there would be some News regarding the ground in early September by end of September or early October it is now mid November and still no news I have spoken to a few fans who said they are not going anymore because the ground is getting worst by the day I have got my season ticket for next season been going for over 40 years but even I will not go when it is raining It’s just so unpleasant it needs sorting fast Before we start loosing support

Yes, our CEO did say at the end of our last match London home, that good news regarding re development would be available within a month. I’m sure we can all appreciate the difficulties that can develop with a project suchlike as this. If I was a betting man my guess would be financial hiccup. Having said that we have to trust in our CEO, and our chairman who I believe is in charge of the redevelopment.
Re: Ground
Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:39 pm
Posted by Khlav Kalash on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:39 pm
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 292
Rep Position: 87th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 11436
Location: No bowl, stick, STICK!
I guess some funding they may have been relying upon from snake like people may not have been forthcoming. For all we know Box could've promised the world knowing he was going so didnt have to back it up. I've heard plenty of rumours about big news 'round the corner' but have accepted that it's just gone cold again. For me it's the single biggest issue affecting the clubs prosperity.
1/10
Re: Ground
Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 326
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1436
Khlav Kalash wrote:
I guess some funding they may have been relying upon from snake like people may not have been forthcoming. For all we know Box could've promised the world knowing he was going so didnt have to back it up. I've heard plenty of rumours about big news 'round the corner' but have accepted that it's just gone cold again. For me it's the single biggest issue affecting the clubs prosperity.


Without doubt, we will never truly progress without it. The ful redevelopment of BV still looks a million miles away but that new main stand would be a huge step in the right direction. I honestly think that once the ball starts rolling with this the rest will eventually follow, we just need that break.
Re: Ground
Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Posted by BOJ042 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 pm
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 112th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 896
Schmoozzle as it has been for 20 years !
Re: Ground
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:36 am
Posted by 60sCat on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:36 am
60sCat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 284th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 364
I wish there was some news just to keep us going through these winter months.
Re: Ground
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:34 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:34 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 427
Rep Position: 48th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7455
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
I really don't see how the proposed 1st phase of the development will make things any different regarding getting wet in the rain. The covered North Stand, East Stand and some other under cover bits are available now. Unless the club plan on including assisted umbrella escort from your mode of transport then your going to get wet. :roll:
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Re: Ground
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 326
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1436
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
I really don't see how the proposed 1st phase of the development will make things any different regarding getting wet in the rain. The covered North Stand, East Stand and some other under cover bits are available now. Unless the club plan on including assisted umbrella escort from your mode of transport then your going to get wet. :roll:


I think the poster is probably referring more to the car par perhaps, that really is a bit treacherous tbf. Agree it won't keep your head dry but a well surface car park will help keep your feet dry :DEPRESSED:
Re: Ground
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Posted by TrinTrin on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:09 pm
TrinTrin Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 197
Rep Position: 131st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 488
I am all for the ground development, however, being a realist there bigger threats to our survival in the top tier !
The quality of our ground will not be our single paramount downfall, even if we had two or three new stands let alone one stand.
The main threat to us and some other SL clubs is open salary cap, clubs already survive on managed debt & sugar dadies. But if open salary cap was introduced as per North America & Canada businesses can pay then even our so called rich clubs CANNOT compete ! This is get real time big style !
My own opinion is that the meeting shortly with all SL clubs & Toronto to open up to "no salary cap" will not be passed BUT a substantial increase will be passed, not funded by the sky deal as that is fixed. So if a club would want to risk a higher managed debt they could go for it.
Wakeys problem is we don't run on paying out a full sky salary cap let alone above the sky cap ????
We would eventually be priced out of the SL existance. This is not scare mongering just a possible observation of threat to the super league.
SL problem is the size of our TV deal, we simply cannot match Rugby Unions deal let alone the NRL deal & we will never get real like the premiership !!! So time to get real, there will be arguments against views like this but " managed uncontrolled debts" is the biggest threat, even wigan now reportedly end of season announced £1.5m
debt, eventually creditors call in the sums owed even a bank & especially the tax man !!!
Food for thought guys.
Re: Ground
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:16 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:16 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 326
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1436
TrinTrin wrote:
I am all for the ground development, however, being a realist there bigger threats to our survival in the top tier !
The quality of our ground will not be our single paramount downfall, even if we had two or three new stands let alone one stand.
The main threat to us and some other SL clubs is open salary cap, clubs already survive on managed debt & sugar dadies. But if open salary cap was introduced as per North America & Canada businesses can pay then even our so called rich clubs CANNOT compete ! This is get real time big style !
My own opinion is that the meeting shortly with all SL clubs & Toronto to open up to "no salary cap" will not be passed BUT a substantial increase will be passed, not funded by the sky deal as that is fixed. So if a club would want to risk a higher managed debt they could go for it.
Wakeys problem is we don't run on paying out a full sky salary cap let alone above the sky cap ????
We would eventually be priced out of the SL existance. This is not scare mongering just a possible observation of threat to the super league.
SL problem is the size of our TV deal, we simply cannot match Rugby Unions deal let alone the NRL deal & we will never get real like the premiership !!! So time to get real, there will be arguments against views like this but " managed uncontrolled debts" is the biggest threat, even wigan now reportedly end of season announced £1.5m
debt, eventually creditors call in the sums owed even a bank & especially the tax man !!!
Food for thought guys.


We won't survive in the top tier without a re-development of BV. Even if we can sustain a team, which is debatable, we will eventually get kicked out for not meeting minimum standards. If we ever get relegated we will NOT get back in. The ground comes before the team and by that, I mean a team that can go onto win everything as opposed to a team built purely for survival. We are lucky at the moment that we sit between the two, something only made possible by the astonishing loyalty shown by certain star players, we won't always be that lucky. Forget about spending up to the cap, I think its fairly obvious that we don't because financially we can't so you're just wishing for the moon there.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,983,91479277,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 17th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 11th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33