WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Long term injured players.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Long term injured players.

Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:08 am  

trinity374 wrote:
trinity374 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Anybody know how our injured players are progressing- is Tom Johnstone on course for the start of next season?
How are the others going on?
Will be like having new signings if they all bounce back fit and well!
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:13 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

trinity374 wrote:
Anybody know how our injured players are progressing- is Tom Johnstone on course for the start of next season?
How are the others going on?
Will be like having new signings if they all bounce back fit and well!

I don't know but I don't think we picked up many injuries at the back end of the season. only Bill T springs to mind.

If TJ's last ACL is anything to go by and assuming it was a success then he should be ready for the start of the season, ditto Arone. I imagine Fifita will be ok, don't know about Ashurst. Any others no idea.
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:23 am  

trinity374 wrote:
trinity374 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Fishermanscap wrote:
I don't know but I don't think we picked up many injuries at the back end of the season. only Bill T springs to mind.

If TJ's last ACL is anything to go by and assuming it was a success then he should be ready for the start of the season, ditto Arone. I imagine Fifita will be ok, don't know about Ashurst. Any others no idea.

Yeah, I suppose only the club really know. I ask, but am confident Tom will be back, I know the knee injury he sustained is not career ending nowadays, as it used to be.
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 pm  
imwakefieldtillidie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Arona’s hoping to be ready for the start of the season, but the doctor’s told him early March.
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:54 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fifita is the one that concerns me, last I heard they wanted to operate but they did not know the extent of the problem, These are the types of injuries that can sometimes take multiple surgeries to get 100% right. Last thing we want is a situation like Cudjoe at Hudds, at fantastic player ruined by 3 surgeries to get his knee right.
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:01 pm  

homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fishermanscap wrote:

Lets not forget Arona ruptured both his ACL and MCL in May, that`s a huge Injury and one that a lot of pro athletes would not return from at all, so I would not take for granted he will be back for the start of the season.
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:17 pm  

Free-scoring winger

homme vaste wrote:
Lets not forget Arona ruptured both his ACL and MCL in May, that`s a huge Injury and one that a lot of pro athletes would not return from at all, so I would not take for granted he will be back for the start of the season.

I'm not taking it for granted that why I said 'I don't know but' and 'assuming it's a success' :IDEA:
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:18 pm  

Free-scoring winger

homme vaste wrote:
Fifita is the one that concerns me, last I heard they wanted to operate but they did not know the extent of the problem, These are the types of injuries that can sometimes take multiple surgeries to get 100% right. Last thing we want is a situation like Cudjoe at Hudds, at fantastic player ruined by 3 surgeries to get his knee right.

You know this how? I don't claim to be an expert but I'd have said knees tend to be more trouble than feet but then neither of us know do we.
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:22 pm  

homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fishermanscap wrote:
I'm not taking it for granted that why I said 'I don't know but' and 'assuming it's a success' :IDEA:

You know what they as say about assuming FMC... It makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me' :mrgreen:
Re: Long term injured players. Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:26 pm  

homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fishermanscap wrote:
You know this how? I don't claim to be an expert but I'd have said knees tend to be more trouble than feet but then neither of us know do we.

They couldn't find the issue with his foot, scan after scan highlighted nothing. They now have to operate but the last I heard they did not know the full extent of the problem - I guess I as just "assuming" :D that this could lead to the Opp not been as straight forward.

And yes I would agree, Knees do seem to be a little more complicated.
Next