Summary
Post Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 am
Posted by TrinTrin on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 am
TrinTrin Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 197
Rep Position: 134th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Well, 1st thing, we did it, the relief is being heart felt. 2nd, as the game started that 1st scrum decision given at first to London i thought here we go ! But, correctly changed and from there I have to say well refereed.
3rd, our whole team got the tactics right, applied them and played as a collective - a whole team.
Finally, what ever are the reasons for this season's performances, I do hope we get fitness & condition better for 80 minutes choose who plays and finally we get another big mean hard & skillful prop to help big Dave & the whole pack, we need a pack of mean tuff forwards.
As I speak to a lot of our supporters they express these latter points regularly from their observations, at the moment we cannot constantly match the top 5 teams regularly, it has to be addressed or we will be the same next year, we cannot afford marquee players but the top 5 have strengthened on these points & they get fitter on the business end, we simply don't !
But, onwards & upwards - The Triin !
Re: Summary
Post Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 277
Rep Position: 93rd / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

TrinTrin wrote:
Well, 1st thing, we did it, the relief is being heart felt. 2nd, as the game started that 1st scrum decision given at first to London i thought here we go ! But, correctly changed and from there I have to say well refereed.
3rd, our whole team got the tactics right, applied them and played as a collective - a whole team.
Finally, what ever are the reasons for this season's performances, I do hope we get fitness & condition better for 80 minutes choose who plays and finally we get another big mean hard & skillful prop to help big Dave & the whole pack, we need a pack of mean tuff forwards.
As I speak to a lot of our supporters they express these latter points regularly from their observations, at the moment we cannot constantly match the top 5 teams regularly, it has to be addressed or we will be the same next year, we cannot afford marquee players but the top 5 have strengthened on these points & they get fitter on the business end, we simply don't !
But, onwards & upwards - The Triin !

Thought about doing a summary myself but it’s too soon, best to let the dust settle. We’ve four month to chew the fat.

One point though, I think it needs mentioning that we won 11 games! Any other season we’d be ok with that, probably a very safe 8 or 9th. Not as bad as you think when you put it in perspective. Not good enough even with the injuries but not terrible. We have to be positive and imagine what we could do with some luck.