Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:52 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1116
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

charlie63wildcat wrote:
Ditto. I arranged something I can't get out of for Fri too. Mind you part of me is vaguely relieved but in all seriousness I'm gutted not to be there to shout them on. Please Mr c if we survive in super League, can we get SL to put pressure on sky to have a bit of consideration. If all games were on Friday I'd have planned for it

It's unlucky that you cant make it but, at the end of the season and especially with this effectively being a "million pound game", it was always going to be moved for Sky.
I know that London dont have many fans and even fewer that would make the trip to Wakefield but, just imagine their predicament.
A long trip from the City on a Friday evening. They will be more hacked off than yourself.
It's just one of the many hazards of being beholden to a TV company but, lets face it, we need the Sky monies.

Dont know what it may have done to the clubs corporate sales either, although, hopefully, with it being such an important game, rather than a dead rubber, we may get a few more bums on out metaphoric seats ??
Re: London Game Moved
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:02 pm
Posted by Kevs Head on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:02 pm
Kevs Head Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 270th / 77,850

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's unlucky that you cant make it but, at the end of the season and especially with this effectively being a "million pound game", it was always going to be moved for Sky.
I know that London dont have many fans and even fewer that would make the trip to Wakefield but, just imagine their predicament.
A long trip from the City on a Friday evening. They will be more hacked off than yourself.
It's just one of the many hazards of being beholden to a TV company but, lets face it, we need the Sky monies.

Dont know what it may have done to the clubs corporate sales either, although, hopefully, with it being such an important game, rather than a dead rubber, we may get a few more bums on out metaphoric seats ??

The fact that London fans will be more hacked off than Trinity fans hardly justifies it. As I said before - it would be dead easy to schedule all the final round games at the same time on the same day when the fixtures are first announced. Problem solved.
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:38 pm
Posted by Big lads mate on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:38 pm
Big lads mate Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 277
Rep Position: 93rd / 77,850

At least the grandkid will be happy that we won’t have to leave his birthday party early :thumb:
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:19 pm
Posted by Dunkirk Spirit on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:19 pm
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 111
Rep Position: 197th / 77,850

Big lads mate wrote:
At least the grandkid will be happy that we won’t have to leave his birthday party early :thumb:

Depending on friday result, you may not feel like partying
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:42 pm
Posted by Big lads mate on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:42 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Depending on friday result, you may not feel like partying

With a 1, 2 and 3 year old grandkids being there I won’t have time or energy to dwell on owt else :(
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:42 pm
Posted by acko on Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:42 pm
acko User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 61
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,850

Redscat wrote:
I'm (surprisingly) grateful to SKY for once. I'd planned with military precision to fit in the Barnsley FC derby with Leeds Urinals (ko 12.30) and The Trin v London match (ko 3.00). Even buying a one-off car parking ticket for Oakwell and having a quiet chat with the car park gateman for a quick get away. Now, any problems have been solved. Genuinely sympathise with Trinity374 et al though for whom the change jn timing hasn't worked in their favour.

Think we will win big time this time.

I'm kinda in the same position I swapped my shift last week just in case of the swapped days and with Sheff weds playing Hudds i could take in both my upset BLM thou if we win
We are TRINITY's barmy army.

SWFC the owls are coming for you
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:53 pm
Posted by Big lads mate on Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:53 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

acko wrote:
Think we will win big time this time.

I'm kinda in the same position I swapped my shift last week just in case of the swapped days and with Sheff weds playing Hudds i could take in both my upset BLM thou if we win

Used to it now Acko mate :roll: :thumb:
Previous