Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:03 pm
Posted by acko on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:03 pm
acko User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 241st / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

The thing is with paili with me he is a big lad maybe too big, Could do to lose weigh asap and become a type of player of what Ali Lauitiiti was a great player for leeds and us it comes down to self discipline if they want it they have to work at it but it looks like the ship has sailed for him now shame he could have been such a potent player for us.
We are TRINITY's barmy army.

SWFC the owls are coming for you
Re: Pauli Pauli
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:31 pm
Posted by lampyboy on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:31 pm
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 251st / 77,841

He will go to Salford and probably score 10 to 15 tries next season. very good battering ram. All the est from me.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 pm
Posted by BarnsleyGull on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 pm
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 179
Rep Position: 138th / 77,841

lampyboy wrote:
He will go to Salford and probably score 10 to 15 tries next season. very good battering ram. All the est from me.

It's a pity that some on here want to get on his case.
If he'd have been used in the right manner, then posters may have thought differently about him.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:00 pm
Posted by PopTart on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:00 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 947
Rep Position: 5th / 77,841

BarnsleyGull wrote:
It's a pity that some on here want to get on his case.
If he'd have been used in the right manner, then posters may have thought differently about him.

Nah. You can't blame this one on Chester. Apart from thinking he was worth a punt in the first place.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 pm
Posted by Upanunder on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 pm
Upanunder User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 117th / 77,841

Well you have to consider what opportunities he's had to "use him in the right manner"

Something is definitely not 100% with Pauli and it ain't from lacking potential.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 pm
Posted by Scarlet Pimpernell on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 pm
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 104
Rep Position: 197th / 77,841

PopTart wrote:
Nah. You can't blame this one on Chester. Apart from thinking he was worth a punt in the first place.

Don’t forget this is the same person who thought Hampshire would be better at Huddersfield.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:27 pm
Posted by PopTart on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:27 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 947
Rep Position: 5th / 77,841

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Don’t forget this is the same person who thought Hampshire would be better at Huddersfield.

He's the same person who decided if he didn't want to play for us on the contract that he was offered then he might be better getting someone in who does.
You can spin it how you like but Pauli is getting exactly the results his effort deserved.
He would have been a liability today. Tanginoa, Kirmond and Batch were all over the place.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 273
Rep Position: 91st / 77,841

PopTart wrote:

Yup i don’t get the Chester using him properly stuff. Truth is that last year PP was fine, not brilliant but very useful. This year he arrived back physical mess and for reasons well known not mentally right either.

However CC is a coach not a social worker and ditto Clawson who may or may not be a great conditioner but still require the player to offer some input!

This year PP has had loads of opportunity and refused to compete, that is no ones fault but his, there has to be some level of personal responsibility.

PP just doesn’t fit, it happens, we move on. He may go on to be a Salford legend though I seriously doubt that but his time with the Trin is done. Sad because it could have been great but there are others out there let’s start looking.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:34 am
Posted by Kirmudgeonly on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:34 am
Kirmudgeonly Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 93
Rep Position: 207th / 77,841

Fishermanscap wrote:
Yup i don’t get the Chester using him properly stuff. Truth is that last year PP was fine, not brilliant but very useful. This year he arrived back physical mess and for reasons well known not mentally right either.

However CC is a coach not a social worker and ditto Clawson who may or may not be a great conditioner but still require the player to offer some input!

This year PP has had loads of opportunity and refused to compete, that is no ones fault but his, there has to be some level of personal responsibility.

PP just doesn’t fit, it happens, we move on. He may go on to be a Salford legend though I seriously doubt that but his time with the Trin is done. Sad because it could have been great but there are others out there let’s start looking.
100 percent agree with this , he is a professional sportsman and that means being in shape. Yesterday we saw a team fighting for their livelihoods giving it all they had _ never saw this from Pauli not once.

As regards using him correctly Chester tried - used him as a prop, used him playing long minutes out wide, used him in short bursts. Basically he got worse not better.

Your right I don’t know what he earns or what’s been said - but I do know that rather than losing weight over course of season he put it on , that he was boosing in town.

If you want to see what it means putting on the red white and blue - have a look at big dave s twitter feed
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:41 am
Posted by musson on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:41 am
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 191
Rep Position: 131st / 77,841

Quiz Score: 28

Kirmudgeonly wrote:
100 percent agree with this , he is a professional sportsman and that means being in shape. Yesterday we saw a team fighting for their livelihoods giving it all they had _ never saw this from Pauli not once.

As regards using him correctly Chester tried - used him as a prop, used him playing long minutes out wide, used him in short bursts. Basically he got worse not better.

Your right I don’t know what he earns or what’s been said - but I do know that rather than losing weight over course of season he put it on , that he was boosing in town.

If you want to see what it means putting on the red white and blue - have a look at big dave s twitter feed

Exactly this re Pauli

Chester has tried using him in every way possible and I bet Pauli has being given every chance too

Looked at Dave’s twitter feed absolutely brilliant scenes
Note that Pauli isn’t there too
PreviousNext