WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Re: Stadium News Update

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Re: Stadium News Update

Re: Stadium News Update
Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 pm
Posted by wakeytrin on Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 pm
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 107th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3618
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
TrinTrin wrote:
Survey done, however, it's not clear which stand as it's not named, I assume it's the east stand ?? !!
I just hope the design takes into account the possible join - of other stands, perimeter access road, possible food & drink under the stand & one or two new toilet facilities ?? Eventually on link up the stadium is whole & not too piece meal ?
Sounds reasonable but cost is our problem so I suppose it will be a bog standard stand only, we are not a rich club !
But I still love my club, up the trin.

John Minards said a few weeks ago that the first stage of redevelopment was the East Stand.
Continue to support the new stadium at Newmarket Lane.
You know it makes sense.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 am
Posted by RealSteel89 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 am
RealSteel89 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 296th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 289
Location: Tucking into a kebab
I'd really like to see something similar to what Toronto do at either end of there pitch. They have lots of pop up craft brewery and street food stalls. It would be much cheaper to have a flat space at one end (probably where the boxes are currently).
It could be used for pre and after match entertainment such as live music too when the weather is good!
Not sure how financially viable it would be in terms of getting
brewers and vendors turning up all year. But it certainly would be a slightly different experience from most other grounds.
Re: Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1112
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12142
RealSteel89 wrote:
I'd really like to see something similar to what Toronto do at either end of there pitch. They have lots of pop up craft brewery and street food stalls. It would be much cheaper to have a flat space at one end (probably where the boxes are currently).
It could be used for pre and after match entertainment such as live music too when the weather is good!
Not sure how financially viable it would be in terms of getting
brewers and vendors turning up all year. But it certainly would be a slightly different experience from most other grounds.


Although on a much smaller scale, they do something similar at London Skolars.
I suppose that both are fn zones of sorts and if this means that fans will put their brass into Trinity's coffers, rather than elsewhere, it could be a decent earner.
However, I'm not sure that sacrificing one end of the ground would be the best solution.
Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:49 am
Posted by Prince Buster on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:49 am
Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 173
Rep Position: 142nd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 3903
Location: Orange street
Well this seems to be some good news to brighten up these worrying times. Lets hope something finally materialises from this. It may also be worth pointing out how skilfully the council have managed peoples expectations.

Initially we were looking forward to a 12000 community stadium with another 35 acres of ancillary sports facilities .


That then got downgraded to a more modest stand alone facility


Downgraded yet again to a refurbished community stadium and now it seems we are at a community stand only with the promises of further development later.


I know many will think I am being pessimistic but so far this 'promise' seems to be moving further and further away from the original concept and yet they have kept everyone happy because we are getting something when we thought we were getting nothing. Their tactics have worked well so far so I wonder if they will continue to exploit them further . What we will eventually finish up with is anyone's guess. Well at least we have the ground, albeit we are technically mortgaged up to the hilt. Happy days !
Re: Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:53 am
Posted by Wakefield City on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:53 am
Wakefield City Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 148
Rep Position: 159th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Posts: 305
RealSteel89 wrote:
I'd really like to see something similar to what Toronto do at either end of there pitch. They have lots of pop up craft brewery and street food stalls. It would be much cheaper to have a flat space at one end (probably where the boxes are currently).
It could be used for pre and after match entertainment such as live music too when the weather is good!
Not sure how financially viable it would be in terms of getting
brewers and vendors turning up all year. But it certainly would be a slightly different experience from most other grounds.

You could do that behind or in the new East Stand hence the survey.
Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am
Posted by Khlav Kalash on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 284
Rep Position: 86th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 11399
Location: No bowl, stick, STICK!
Prince Buster wrote:
Well this seems to be some good news to brighten up these worrying times. Lets hope something finally materialises from this. It may also be worth pointing out how skilfully the council have managed peoples expectations.

Initially we were looking forward to a 12000 community stadium with another 35 acres of ancillary sports facilities .


That then got downgraded to a more modest stand alone facility


Downgraded yet again to a refurbished community stadium and now it seems we are at a community stand only with the promises of further development later.


I know many will think I am being pessimistic but so far this 'promise' seems to be moving further and further away from the original concept and yet they have kept everyone happy because we are getting something when we thought we were getting nothing. Their tactics have worked well so far so I wonder if they will continue to exploit them further . What we will eventually finish up with is anyone's guess. Well at least we have the ground, albeit we are technically mortgaged up to the hilt. Happy days !

I think it's more a case of realism rather than being hoodwinked. Clearly we (as in the Wakefield public) are never going to get the all brand spanking new 12k stadium. We can hold out as much as we want but in the end it's only the public who lose out. Box and Mackie will get their way and they know it. I think it's only the pressure that you guys and the few supporters of this club have put on Box that we have what we have which is far from ideal, but is at least a way forward all be it on a much less scale than what was promised. Sadly not enough people give a poop about this scandal for it to even register with the political class of the borough.
1/10
Re: Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:32 am
Posted by bellycouldtackle on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:32 am
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 120
Rep Position: 181st / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:46 am
Posts: 1988
Location: wakefield
I would like us to flatten BV , sell the land to a developer who preferably is a friend of Box, developer gets planning permission at BV with the promise that he puts several million from planning gain into community facilities in Wakefield. When the money does not materialize from the developer I want the Council to bypass the conditions of the original planning agreement and allow the developer to build anyway. Then I want the council to loan us money so that we can pay rent to play at Dewsbury`s ground. I also would like this process to take about 14 years.
Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 am
Posted by Prince Buster on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 am
Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 173
Rep Position: 142nd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 3903
Location: Orange street
Look we are where we are but you have to admit how skilfully our purported socialist council have used the Capitalist operational manual.

CONVINCE THE PEASANTS THEY WILL STARVE AND THEY WILL BE HAPPY WITH THE PROMISE OF BREAD AND WATER FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.
Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Posted by Redscat on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 107th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 1378
Prince Buster wrote:
Look we are where we are but you have to admit how skilfully our purported socialist council have used the Capitalist operational manual.

CONVINCE THE PEASANTS THEY WILL STARVE AND THEY WILL BE HAPPY WITH THE PROMISE OF BREAD AND WATER FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.


I've said it before and I'll say it again this "Labour" council of Box & Co ARE NOT SOCIALISTS!!

I know for a fact people have levelled this accusation to Box at local Labour Party meetings and apparently it's rather amusing to see him embarrassingly squirm and offer poor responses.
Re: Re: Stadium News Update
Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:19 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:19 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 273
Rep Position: 90th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1117
bellycouldtackle wrote:
I would like us to flatten BV , sell the land to a developer who preferably is a friend of Box, developer gets planning permission at BV with the promise that he puts several million from planning gain into community facilities in Wakefield. When the money does not materialize from the developer I want the Council to bypass the conditions of the original planning agreement and allow the developer to build anyway. Then I want the council to loan us money so that we can pay rent to play at Dewsbury`s ground. I also would like this process to take about 14 years.


Think you got your wish already :lol: but then you already knew that :D

Joking aside it is an utter disgrace.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 60sCat, BackSeatCoach, bulls2487, captaincaveman, charlie, charlie63wildcat, cheshirecat57, cosmicat, Droopy, Dunkirk Spirit, eastardsley, Eastern Wildcat, FickleFingerOfFate, financialtimes, Fordy, FSW, jeffrey fiddler, JINJER, Khlav Kalash, Lupsetbull, metallicat, nanker, phe13, PopTart, RealSteel89, RWB, sandcat20, Scarlet Pimpernell, The Sheep, upthecats, Wakefield City, wakeytrin, Yosemite Sam and 218 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,966,6201,92777,8414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33