WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - wigan game
Re: wigan game
Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:43 pm
Posted by BOJ042 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:43 pm
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 227
Rep Position: 116th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 866
any ideas on a place to say in London for the cup final?
Re: wigan game
Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:39 am
Posted by wildshot on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:39 am
wildshot User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 66
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm
Posts: 1821
Location: The world is my oyster!

BOJ042 wrote:
any ideas on a place to say in London for the cup final?


No personal experience but there are a load of hotels around the ground and short walking distance from the tube station. Guess it all depends on your budget and other plans in London as to where you want to base yourself. If you are on a budget then consider Travelodge or Premier Inn (nicer than Travelodge). Staying in and around Covent Garden is a nice place in London and both chains have hotels there.
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity
Re: wigan game
Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Posted by PopTart on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 953
Rep Position: 4th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12162
Location: wakefield
wildshot wrote:
No personal experience but there are a load of hotels around the ground and short walking distance from the tube station. Guess it all depends on your budget and other plans in London as to where you want to base yourself. If you are on a budget then consider Travelodge or Premier Inn (nicer than Travelodge). Staying in and around Covent Garden is a nice place in London and both chains have hotels there.


Yes I'd give the same Dvice.
Depends on budget and what you are doing over the weekend.

Wembley has a Hilton right next door which is really nice but you'll pay a premium rate now.
Hotels in Wembley away from the stadium are a bit cheap and not great area so stick to the Premier etc near by.

In the city there is plenty of choice.
If you have a decent budget Park Plaza on Westminster Bridge is really nice.
Better prices on Cromwell Road and Kensington

For best budget, get a Premier that's near a Tube Line out of town and just go in for the day.

You could even do Watford Premier and go see Harry Potter World too.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: wigan game
Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:32 pm
Posted by wakefieldwall on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:32 pm
wakefieldwall Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 159
Rep Position: 162nd / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:26 pm
Posts: 994
Usually get a good deal at weekends on the hotels round Canary Wharf and the Jubilee Line runs straight up to Wembley
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Re: wigan game
Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:46 pm
Posted by huddiepuddies on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:46 pm
huddiepuddies User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 303rd / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:58 am
Posts: 223
Location: barnsley tha nose
Travelodge at Southwark; cheap and very cheerful,300 metres from tube on Jubilee line which runs straight to Wembley.
huddiepuddies pudding and pie
kissed the girls and made them cry
when the boys came out to play
huddies kissed them
cos he is gay
Re: wigan game
Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 pm
Posted by PopTart on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 953
Rep Position: 4th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12162
Location: wakefield
wakefieldwall wrote:
Usually get a good deal at weekends on the hotels round Canary Wharf and the Jubilee Line runs straight up to Wembley


That's a good call actually.
I've done that before.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: wigan game
Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:47 pm
Posted by BOJ042 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:47 pm
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 227
Rep Position: 116th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 866
huddiepuddies wrote:
Travelodge at Southwark; cheap and very cheerful,300 metres from tube on Jubilee line which runs straight to Wembley.

what sai to you get off for wembley - is it just wembely?/

would want to walk down Wembley way if that still exists?
Re: wigan game
Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:40 am
Posted by huddiepuddies on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:40 am
huddiepuddies User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 303rd / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:58 am
Posts: 223
Location: barnsley tha nose
BOJ042 wrote:
what sai to you get off for wembley - is it just wembely?/

would want to walk down Wembley way if that still exists?


Straight to Wembley.
Off tube, premier inn hotel that usually sets up beer tent in garden; Bob's your uncle.
huddiepuddies pudding and pie
kissed the girls and made them cry
when the boys came out to play
huddies kissed them
cos he is gay
Re: wigan game
Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:22 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:22 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 277
Rep Position: 93rd / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1166
BOJ042 wrote:
any ideas on a place to say in London for the cup final?


I always stop in Watford. It’s cheaper for rooms, hotel parking is free and there is a train every 20 mins that stops at Wembley (takes about 15 mins).

If your getting there down the M1 it’s also very easy to get to as you turn off before the M25.
Re: wigan game
Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:20 am
Posted by BOJ042 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:20 am
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 227
Rep Position: 116th / 77,858

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 866
Fishermanscap wrote:
I always stop in Watford. It’s cheaper for rooms, hotel parking is free and there is a train every 20 mins that stops at Wembley (takes about 15 mins).

If your getting there down the M1 it’s also very easy to get to as you turn off before the M25.

thanks all I booked!

see you all at the wigan game
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1873, brettoncat, Cats13, coco the fullback, djcool, eastardsley, Eastern Wildcat, Fishermanscap, Little willy, phe13, poplar cats alive, PopTart, RickK, Strinket, TheDreadnought, trinity374, upthetrin1873, wakeytrin and 161 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,969,7701,79677,8584,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33