WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rocky
Re: Rocky Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:30 pm  

User avatarMr Bliss wrote:
Mr Bliss User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7670
Location: Wakey
lampyboy wrote:
I would look to keep him and play him at 6 0r 7. unfortunately we havnt seen enough of Reynolds but hes not let the team down on his odd appearance . miller was on the bench for a while a couple of seasons ago and from memory always looked sharp. A quick question hasn't Brough played hooker on the odd occasion.


Teams are making a b-line for him now. Defence would be a bigger issue if Broughy went into the hooking role
Fear: The best insurance money can buy.
Image
Re: Rocky Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2009
I am beginning to question what Chester was thinking to believe that swapping Hampshire for Roberts would improve our performances. If he thinks Hampshire is the problem then I fear for our survival.
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:19 am  

RWB wrote:
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm
Posts: 212
PopTart wrote:
It still all depends on the money. If he wants the kind of money we could spend to get Cooper Cronk over for one last season then probably not but if he wants a salary that is in the top half of our squad then I probably would.....but not top. There are others above him.


What if he was happy to sign for say 60% of the money that the likes of Koppy/Wood take home? Hypothetically ...
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 am  
TheDreadnought User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Posts: 1276
Kirmudgeonly wrote:
I d be happy if he stayed - but with jowitt walker brough Reynolds miller would be one too many .

Anyway here’s hoping


I see Reynolds signing for Leigh...
The Dreadnought - Feared forum wide.

x
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13055
Location: wakefield
RWB wrote:
What if he was happy to sign for say 60% of the money that the likes of Koppy/Wood take home? Hypothetically ...


Yes I would. He's worth that.
The problem is everyone has an opinio, me included, without knowing what that number is.
I hope we sign him but not at all costs.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:29 am  

User avatarMr Bliss wrote:
Mr Bliss User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7670
Location: Wakey
After reading RLE I got the impression that Rocky really wanted to stay. Well if he was that passionate about “playing for his home town club” why oh why
didn’t he sign before May 31st. Then Wakefield didn’t need to sign Walker.
With Broughy and Miller not firing he would have been in a better position to try other options.
Fear: The best insurance money can buy.
Image
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:26 am  

User avatartigertot wrote:
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16990
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
lampyboy wrote:
A quick question hasn't Brough played hooker on the odd occasion.

I think he was hooker in Hull's CC final victory over Leeds in 2005.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:37 pm  

Kirmudgeonly wrote:
Kirmudgeonly Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 582
Guess if Reynolds sign s for Leigh as reported will free up both his wage or majority therein , and create a space for Hampshire - I d be pleased with that
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:48 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14310
IF the club were serious about the deadline that was set for Hampshire signing and he didn't sign, surely, they will have made plans for his replacement, be that Walker from London or someone else.
I like Hampshire's busy style and as a running HB he has looked more likely than any of our other pivots to break open opposition defences BUT and it's a huge but, if the lad wont accept what has been offered and the club believe that the offer is reasonable, then the lad will be off, just as soon as someone makes him a better offer.
Nobody could blame him for doing so as RL is a short career but, equally, you cant have your halves always on the brink of leaving.
Now, more than ever, we need some stability (and quality) in the halves.
Brough looks to be past his sell by date and Miller, for whatever reason just hasn't offered his usual contribution.

I guess only Chester and the coaching staff know why we have been poor in the halves but, on current form and based on what we should "expect", Brough is offering lease, with Miller next worst and Hampshire 3rd.

Certainly worth having a re shuffle for our remaining games
Re: Rocky Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:23 pm  

User avatarFIL wrote:
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 2428
Location: Riding the Trinity rollercoaster !!
wrencat1873 wrote:
IF the club were serious about the deadline that was set for Hampshire signing and he didn't sign, surely, they will have made plans for his replacement, be that Walker from London or someone else.
I like Hampshire's busy style and as a running HB he has looked more likely than any of our other pivots to break open opposition defences BUT and it's a huge but, if the lad wont accept what has been offered and the club believe that the offer is reasonable, then the lad will be off, just as soon as someone makes him a better offer.
Nobody could blame him for doing so as RL is a short career but, equally, you cant have your halves always on the brink of leaving.
Now, more than ever, we need some stability (and quality) in the halves.
Brough looks to be past his sell by date and Miller, for whatever reason just hasn't offered his usual contribution.

I guess only Chester and the coaching staff know why we have been poor in the halves but, on current form and based on what we should "expect", Brough is offering lease, with Miller next worst and Hampshire 3rd.

Certainly worth having a re shuffle for our remaining games


I'm sure I've read somewhere that he has been offered better terms at other club/s (?) but he has turned them down and wants to stay with us ??
For those that haven't seen this weeks article in League Express from Aaron Bower he quotes Rocky..

"It's been a crazy week with things going on, but I love this club and it means a lot to me coming from here. Hopefully we can get something sorted out and I can stay here....Last year I didn't sign my contract until after the last game, and it's madness. I don't want to be waiting around because I'm on my toes...…..in the last couple of weeks, I've personally felt some fatigue in my performances, so the break is going to do us good....This club means a lot to people, including myself, and I don't want to see us getting beaten like that." (against Wigan)

So he clearly doesn't want to leave, so we just have to hope that all the relevant parties can get back around the table and thrash out a deal :PRAY: :PRAY:
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acko, BarnsleyGull, Dunkirk Spirit, Eastern Wildcat, FickleFingerOfFate, Google [Bot], Jambon, KevW60349, little wayne69, Little willy, Manuel, MOPSEY LIVES ON, newgroundb4wakey, phe13, REDWHITEANDBLUE, roverman, Schunter, thebeagle, upthecats, Willzay and 158 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,070,8301,03478,2134,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts