WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Just how bad would relegation be?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Just how bad would relegation be?

Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15028
bren2k wrote:
I'm not sure I agree - my mantra with workplace relationships is "friendly, but not friends," because it's exceedingly difficult to have robust, performance related conversations with someone who you've been socialising with; on that basis, I wouldn't generally see it as positive thing if any senior officer was best pals with a subordinate, in any workplace.


At such a difficult time for the club, it's critical that MC and Chester are working well together and should there be any disharmony in the team, Chester will desperately need someone who he can talk to and find the best way forward.
They dont have to be best pals but, talking things over away from the workplace is an excellent way for the two of them to make plans for the club.

We all have to hope that they have got a decent plan for survival and beyond.
Where the plan was hatched is of far less importance.
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
wrencat1873 wrote:
At such a difficult time for the club, it's critical that MC and Chester are working well together and should there be any disharmony in the team, Chester will desperately need someone who he can talk to and find the best way forward.
They dont have to be best pals but, talking things over away from the workplace is an excellent way for the two of them to make plans for the club.

We all have to hope that they have got a decent plan for survival and beyond.
Where the plan was hatched is of far less importance.


And what if the best plan for the club is that Chester has to go? How much harder is it to enact that, if 48 hours earlier, you've been strolling round the links, or sharing pina coladas on the beach in Portugal?

I don't know how close they are mind - and no one seems to have been talking about it until we hit the doldrums - so I'm talking hypotheticals here; I just firmly believe that it's almost always an error to blur the boundaries between personal and professional life - it never ends well.
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13372
Location: wakefield
Can't see the problem. Especially as Carter seems like a pretty ruthless employer (I actually mean that in a good way)
I'm sure he'd be sad to let Chester go but IF it was actually needed in certain he'd do it no problem.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:23 pm  

supercat wrote:
supercat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 2053
With regards to how bad potentially have a look at list below. This is who I would think we would lose if relegated.

Tom Johnstone
Bill Tupou
Reece Lyme
BJB
Jacob Miller
David Fifita
Kyle Wood
Matty Ashurst
Craig Kopczak
Arona
Batchelor
Jowitt
Jack Croft
Taginoa

Some not on the list are off contract and could be leaving anyway and their could be more that I have not mentioned still under contract that could walk.

It would be a massive task to replace a lot of bodies during off season
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:37 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15028
bren2k wrote:
And what if the best plan for the club is that Chester has to go? How much harder is it to enact that, if 48 hours earlier, you've been strolling round the links, or sharing pina coladas on the beach in Portugal?

I don't know how close they are mind - and no one seems to have been talking about it until we hit the doldrums - so I'm talking hypotheticals here; I just firmly believe that it's almost always an error to blur the boundaries between personal and professional life - it never ends well.


Depending on exactly how their relationship works, that may have already been spoken about ?
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:24 pm  

User avatartrin77 wrote:
trin77 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 450
Location: The Merrie City
supercat wrote:
With regards to how bad potentially have a look at list below. This is who I would think we would lose if relegated.

Tom Johnstone
Bill Tupou
Reece Lyme
BJB
Jacob Miller
David Fifita
Kyle Wood
Matty Ashurst
Craig Kopczak
Arona
Batchelor
Jowitt
Jack Croft
Taginoa

Some not on the list are off contract and could be leaving anyway and their could be more that I have not mentioned still under contract that could walk.

It would be a massive task to replace a lot of bodies during off season

So by my estimation over a million pounds of talent gone in a heartbeat. All because one man is too stubborn to change what's been staring him in the face all season.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS

NEVER FINISHED BOTTOM OF SUPER LEAGUE
NEVER RELEGATED
NEVER INVOLVED IN FAKE MERGERS
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:48 pm  

User avatarKhlav Kalash wrote:
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 11659
Location: No bowl, stick, STICK!
trin77 wrote:
So by my estimation over a million pounds of talent gone in a heartbeat. All because one man is too stubborn to change what's been staring him in the face all season.

All season?
1/10
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:05 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13372
Location: wakefield
trin77 wrote:
So by my estimation over a million pounds of talent gone in a heartbeat. All because one man is too stubborn to change what's been staring him in the face all season.


LOL. Ohh that's why we are where we are.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 pm  

User avatartrin77 wrote:
trin77 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 450
Location: The Merrie City
1st choice half backs don't function. Persisted with. Three quarters who can't defend persisted with. A blind man can see why we get beaten easily most weeks.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS

NEVER FINISHED BOTTOM OF SUPER LEAGUE
NEVER RELEGATED
NEVER INVOLVED IN FAKE MERGERS
Re: Just how bad would relegation be? Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 1239
Location: Behind the Sticks
trin77 wrote:
1st choice half backs don't function. Persisted with. Three quarters who can't defend persisted with. A blind man can see why we get beaten easily most weeks.


I don't recall anyone moaning when we were third in the table.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B V Bob, Big lads mate, bonaire, Brightside, coco the fullback, dboy, Dunkirk Spirit, eric35, homme vaste, Jambon, Joe Banjo, lampyboy, LG83, Lupsetbull, mwildcats, Peregrine, Redscat, REDWHITEANDBLUE, Slugger McBatt, Travelling Wilbury, vastman, Wakefield City, wakefieldwall, wotsupcas, Yosemite Sam and 154 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,1691,46678,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X