WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Embarrassing

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Embarrassing

Re: Embarrassing Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 pm  

User avatarThe Avenger wrote:
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 4064
And when they’re drinking coffee all day it’s the Costa Culture
When they play golf to relax, they care more about their handicap
When they visit Rome or Paris they’re here on a European Holiday

Results put such a different filter on how the players downtime activities are viewed
Re: Embarrassing Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:49 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 2158
The Avenger wrote:
And when they’re drinking coffee all day it’s the Costa Culture
When they play golf to relax, they care more about their handicap
When they visit Rome or Paris they’re here on a European Holiday

Results put such a different filter on how the players downtime activities are viewed


Indeed. If there is a drinking culture at the club and I believe there is a moderate one then it’s not done any harm in previous seasons. Cas too have one but it doesn’t stop them battering us at every occasion.

These theories along with conditioning always appear when losing and always pushed by the same pseudo experts who lack the imagination to look at the obvious.

We are losing for the following reasons.

1: injuries at various times to key players.

2: Team structure is not right.

3: Effort on the day is sub standard.

4: Most vital, some players have proved that when the chips are down they are not as good as we thought.
Re: Embarrassing Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:56 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15272
Fishermanscap wrote:
Indeed. If there is a drinking culture at the club and I believe there is a moderate one then it’s not done any harm in previous seasons. Cas too have one but it doesn’t stop them battering us at every occasion.

These theories along with conditioning always appear when losing and always pushed by the same pseudo experts who lack the imagination to look at the obvious.

We are losing for the following reasons.

1: injuries at various times to key players.

2: Team structure is not right.

3: Effort on the day is sub standard.

4: Most vital, some players have proved that when the chips are down they are not as good as we thought.


Having said that, there were rumours of one our front rowers being popped up in France the night before the game in Perpignan, which certainly isn't going to help him do big minutes in any game, let alone in 36/37 degree heat.
Re: Embarrassing Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 2158
wrencat1873 wrote:
Having said that, there were rumours of one our front rowers being popped up in France the night before the game in Perpignan, which certainly isn't going to help him do big minutes in any game, let alone in 36/37 degree heat.


Rumours mate, but if so no but some players can hack burning the candle at both ends, some of the games best are not great off pitch. Its still the least obvious reason imo.
Re: Embarrassing Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:12 am  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
The Avenger wrote:
And when they’re drinking coffee all day it’s the Costa Culture
When they play golf to relax, they care more about their handicap
When they visit Rome or Paris they’re here on a European Holiday

Results put such a different filter on how the players downtime activities are viewed


Exactly this; I saw the majority of our 1st team squad at RBG in Leeds on a rare sunny weekend earlier in the season, when we were winning games and things looked good. My first thought was that it's great to see such a tight knit group of players, obviously getting on. If I saw that now, my first thought would be annoyance - what they doing laughing it up with a pint when we're in the shiz?
Re: Embarrassing Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 am  
Eastern Wildcat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am
Posts: 2792
Think also if there is one, if it's in moderation people wont have an issue, and I think it is about timing too.

If the players are having a couple after a game, there is no issue, but then on the other hand, if they're doing so, say, the day before a game, then I think a line has to be drawn
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brightside, charlie, cheshirecat57, cosmicat, dboy, Dunkirk Spirit, FIL, JINJER, Joe Banjo, Jose, Khlav Kalash, lampyboy, Mable_Syrup, sarge1, Trojan Horse, vastman, Wakefield City, wakeytrin, Willzay and 172 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,118,5201,21178,4374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X