Tactician
Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 pm
Posted by TrinTrin on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 pm
TrinTrin Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 146
Rep Position: 121st / 77,685

Quiz Score: 0

I am a Chris Chester fan, he came in & changed us around ! He had us, as a team running & playing better rugby than we were doing. However, of late he has lost the motivation & response of the players to the point of things getting very serious now, we appear to have no tactics & if we do we cannot execute them. We especially do not have any variance in tactics to suit different teams ! We run with Miller on the left, brough on the right & when fit fifita in the middle, then Rocky linking either side, this for every team we play, all very predictable, usually slow which nullifies our attack ! We then get frustrated & panic sets in our play & performance,
Again, we do not differ our plays or tactics - we then become the easy beats !
This is all from the last 10 games or more !
This is in my factual observations much to my sadness & is not a negative outlook, I prefer to speak about how good we are but it's not happening, we are in decline with a very tough run in.
I also expect posters to attack this observation as they will not agree about what's happening !
Up the Trin !
Re: Tactician
Post Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:27 am
Posted by trinitystar on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:27 am
trinitystar Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 257th / 77,685

In our present state I'd be happy if we utilised the very simple tactics of running on to the ball and chasing/competing for kicks. Sadly the ploy of kicking it straight to Eden has been denied to us as Powell has finally seen the light.
Post Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:40 am
Posted by MOPSEY LIVES ON on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:40 am
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 238th / 77,685

TrinTrin wrote:
I am a Chris Chester fan, he came in & changed us around ! He had us, as a team running & playing better rugby than we were doing. However, of late he has lost the motivation & response of the players to the point of things getting very serious now, we appear to have no tactics & if we do we cannot execute them. We especially do not have any variance in tactics to suit different teams ! We run with Miller on the left, brough on the right & when fit fifita in the middle, then Rocky linking either side, this for every team we play, all very predictable, usually slow which nullifies our attack ! We then get frustrated & panic sets in our play & performance,
Again, we do not differ our plays or tactics - we then become the easy beats !
This is all from the last 10 games or more !
This is in my factual observations much to my sadness & is not a negative outlook, I prefer to speak about how good we are but it's not happening, we are in decline with a very tough run in.
I also expect posters to attack this observation as they will not agree about what's happening !
Up the Trin !
our only tactic is Chuck it to fafita or rocky and HOPE for the best
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Post Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:24 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:24 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 305
Rep Position: 52nd / 77,685

MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:

Even these are a poor replacement for chuck it to Tom Johnstone and expect the best.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Post Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 pm
Fishermanscap Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 71
Rep Position: 187th / 77,685

MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:

I get Fifita but why Hampshire, he’s hardly been setting the world alight has? He’s one of the better performers but that’s not difficult really.
Post Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:18 pm
Posted by MOPSEY LIVES ON on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:18 pm
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 238th / 77,685

Fishermanscap wrote:
I get Fifita but why Hampshire, he’s hardly been setting the world alight has? He’s one of the better performers but that’s not difficult really.
because we play the same way round the back all the time to rocky left to rocky right with no space and expect him to do something, quite simple he needs space not brick walls
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Post Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:52 pm
Posted by FSW on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:52 pm
FSW Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 235th / 77,685

The tactically astute players ate the very pinnacle of our game. They may not be the most talented player but the ones who get the job done. Our problem is we have some highly talented players but not an ounce of Tactical acumen/ management expertise/ man management skill between them.

We can't be surprised as there are far richer clubs that us who will always pay more than we can afford so all our players tend to have one incomplete strand to their game and our coach's job is harder than most in that he relies on synergy to make up the missing pieces to the puzzle.

Our greatest challenge is to create a tactically astute, complete footballer through our academy then hold onto them long enough for us to develop a winning ethos around them.
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:04 am
Posted by metallicat on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:04 am
metallicat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 211th / 77,685

FSW wrote:
The tactically astute players ate the very pinnacle of our game. They may not be the most talented player but the ones who get the job done. Our problem is we have some highly talented players but not an ounce of Tactical acumen/ management expertise/ man management skill between them.

We can't be surprised as there are far richer clubs that us who will always pay more than we can afford so all our players tend to have one incomplete strand to their game and our coach's job is harder than most in that he relies on synergy to make up the missing pieces to the puzzle.

Our greatest challenge is to create a tactically astute, complete footballer through our academy then hold onto them long enough for us to develop a winning ethos around them.

What a waste of my life reading this bolllllox
Current Yorkshire Cup holders - Trinity