Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:22 pm
Posted by PopTart on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:22 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 953
Rep Position: 4th / 77,860

Quiz Score: 0

I don't really get the posts from a small but growing number blaming Chester and wanting him sacked and I don't get why people expect a quick change of fortune just because we want it to change.

We have a massive injury list which has affected the season.
It wasn't wrong to think we could be contenders. The early results showed that. Once injuries started the season changed.
It's clear to me that just because injured players have pulled the shirt back on does not mean they are back to their best, and the reason they are not back to their best is not an attitude issue.

For me it's time to support the team.
We have a hard run of fixtures coming up. It's no good deciding that if we don't beat Cas then there is something badly wrong. We couldn't beat them at our best so it is far from likely now. Judging Chester on this result is just foolish. We have a chance, and we may well get it, but it isn't a watershed game.

For me it's the time to support most. I'm as disappointed as the next guy but I say stick with the team. Cheer the guys who put the shirt on. Don't call for heads when much of the cause is not self inflicted.
Improving the mentality of the team when they are low on confidence because of the situation we are in is a tough task but the fans in general can go a long way to affecting this..... Both up or down.

So by all means voice your opinion on here but as a supporter my opinion is always moderated by my support of the club and my wish for the current team to turn it around....... Even if that means limping to the end of the season, surviving and then going again next season.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Support Support Support
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:51 pm
Posted by Little willy on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:51 pm
Little willy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 249th / 77,860

We all want the good times PopTart but to say Fans should get behind the team while we're struggling is a bit of a non starter Look how many spent their money going to France to watch that. Supporters have been there for wakey but they haven't shown us (the fans) anything in return their not even trying these are professional athletes who know their job the fans can't do more than what they're doing it's still up to the coach to teach them a way of playing they like lost sheep.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm
Posted by FIL on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 150
Rep Position: 167th / 77,860

I'm with you, PT....we have been struggling for numbers out on the pitch, so the only thing us speccies can POSITIVELY do is get behind the team and give them our support...after all, isn't that what we are there for ??
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm
Posted by FIL on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Little willy wrote:
We all want the good times PopTart but to say Fans should get behind the team while we're struggling is a bit of a non starter Look how many spent their money going to France to watch that. Supporters have been there for wakey but they haven't shown us (the fans) anything in return their not even trying these are professional athletes who know their job the fans can't do more than what they're doing it's still up to the coach to teach them a way of playing they like lost sheep.

:USTUPID: :USTUPID:

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 pm
Posted by Little willy on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 pm
Little willy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 249th / 77,860

I thought that's what we were doing Every week
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:14 pm
Posted by FIL on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:14 pm
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I get where you're coming from, Willy and yes, there is plenty of head scratching going on, but to suggest that supporters shouldn't support is kind of counter-productive, don't you think ??

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:46 pm
Posted by BarnsleyGull on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:46 pm
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 182
Rep Position: 144th / 77,860

What ever happened to support the Trin through thick and thin??
Makes me laugh and annoys me at the same time some of the posts on here......
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:49 pm
Posted by Sacred Cow on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:49 pm
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 226
Rep Position: 117th / 77,860

BarnsleyGull wrote:
What ever happened to support the Trin through thick and thin??
Makes me laugh and annoys me at the same time some of the posts on here......

I’d give it a wide berth if we lose on Friday then.....
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:08 pm
Posted by RWB on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:08 pm
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 261st / 77,860

Quiz Score: 4

Injuries have had a massive effect i agree, but have we seen the best from the players that are out there? I would say not and that is the major issue.

Also agree that Friday is not make or break, but if the lads put out a performance like at Catalan in a local derby then it would suggest something is not right somewhere. Hope to see a reaction. Don't think we need to worry about getting behind them, Northstand will be packed and loud on friday i'm sure.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Posted by PopTart on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 953
Rep Position: 4th / 77,860

RWB wrote:
Injuries have had a massive effect i agree, but have we seen the best from the players that are out there? I would say not and that is the major issue.

Also agree that Friday is not make or break, but if the lads put out a performance like at Catalan in a local derby then it would suggest something is not right somewhere. Hope to see a reaction. Don't think we need to worry about getting behind them, Northstand will be packed and loud on friday i'm sure.

But I think that's exactly the point people are missing. Being out there doesn't mean you are not injured or that you are 100%
Tupou is a perfect example. He isn't back to his best. I imagine he won't be against Cas either. But I bet he plays. It doesn't mean he doesn't have pride and I'm certain will do his best. It's just the situation we are in.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Next