WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July

Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 pm  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The Avenger wrote:
Going to give this a swerve or I’ll say things!

Nuff to say I’m disgusted!

Just say it. The coaching and conditioning is crap.
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:06 am  
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I would hope no one makes excuses. We were utterly inept and looked like we'd never played together before. The boys were on a holiday, interrupted by a rugby game.

I wouldn't play Pauli Pauli again. He's taking the club for a ride. He'll look back in a few years and have regrets, but at the moment he's just a big daft lad who is stealing a living.
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:22 am  

normycat wrote:
normycat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Very disappointing you would think the team had never trained together. Don’t know who the defensive coach is but it could do with a shake up. The trinity teams of the last few years had fire in their belly which won them matches that on paper they shouldn’t have. This team appears to not have the same spirit. Spent a lot of money to get there this weekend and just expected better
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:03 am  

wtid71 wrote:
wtid71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

As soon as I saw the pics of the players in the sea and on the beach I knew we were in trouble and i'm never one to dis the team.
No excuses for that performance, only positive I have to say is well done Rocky for his brutally honest tweet after the match and I thought he played well.
Gutted for the fans that went over for the game they at least did the club proud. :BOW:
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:23 am  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

wotsupcas wrote:
I really think we need to get some perspective about today's game. I'm not saying the performance was anything but poor. However I watched the game in Greece that has similar temperatures to Perpignan today. While I was sweating my balls off dinking an ice cold beer the locals are buzzing about in jeans and long sleeves without a bead of sweat on em. Most of the Catalan forwards are of Mediterranean origin and we all know most games are won and lost in the forward battle. That and a one eyed official (he wasn't to blame for the defeat) didn't make it pretty viewing.

No excuse for lack of effort ,I worked underground for 20 years and one day you could be freezing your bits off the next you were working in underwear in far hotter conditions that those lads and without a water carrier bringing you iced cold fluids every few minutes , and you still had to get stuck in for 6 hrs as you had a deputy cracking the whip behind you, and all you got at the end of the shift was a salt drink in the medical room. So I’m sorry if I have no sympathy for this hot weather as an excuse for a performance like that, these players are a dam sight fitter than I ever was ,it’s all about attitude and effort and that thing that beats in your chest ,and they just haven’t got it I’m afraid at this moment in time.Wether that’s coaching, conditioning , apathy or whatever it’s needs to change ASAP
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:31 am  

User avatarTricky2309 wrote:
Tricky2309 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sacred Cow wrote:
Just say it. The coaching and conditioning is crap.

I have said for a while I don’t think our conditioning has moved with the times. It’s been the same guy heading it up for too long imo. A change in that department would be a start
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:42 am  

wakeytrin wrote:
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Not seen or read an after match interview with Chester.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Mick Amos 9 WTW wrote:
I try to be positive Redscat as I hate negativity in general not just rugby but know how frustrating it is watching on occasions. I don't mind fans criticism and they deserve it at times. Some fans are critical in the right way but others are just nasty and abusive. There's also the ones that rarely post anything positively but attack at any given opportunity. You'll know the ones.
We were poor today and I was disappointed. I hope the players are honest with themselves and we get a response Friday!

Good post Mick.... pretty much how I see it.
I wont come on here (like some) and slag any of the players off.
They wont need telling that the performance wasnt good enough.
I leave that to CC and the coaching staff - it'll have more effect than me doing it on this forum.
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:56 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

wakeytrin wrote:
Not seen or read an after match interview with Chester.

Went straight down to beach? :wink:
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Next stop France ! Catalan (a) 6th July Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:25 am  

Kirmudgeonly wrote:
Kirmudgeonly Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
Went straight down to beach? :wink:

LOL
PreviousNext