WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What happens now ?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity What happens now ?

Re: What happens now ? Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:00 am  

Trinity1315 wrote:
Trinity1315 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 pm
Posts: 1122
[quote="Scarlet Pimpernell"]It is a shame Jowitt is not fit because I would be tempted to move Hampshire to scrum half and rest Brough. I guess we must hope that because it is Huddersfield he ups his game because I am not seeing much creativity from one of the main pivots.[/quote

I think Broughie is doing ok.
The pack is the problem.
Not quite what it was due to injuries and loss of form.
Re: What happens now ? Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am  

cocker wrote:
cocker Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:48 pm
Posts: 548
Little willy wrote:
Carter will not sack Chester no way. But he's got to ask why when other players come in, why don't they know how we play Ok We've lost a lot of players through injury but the players that have come in should know our system. Top teams have players come in & it's like they know exactly what to do. Is it Chester or the other coaches fault Our halfbacks are just not cutting it yet we've signed them for 3 years & one for 2 We're going to have to wait a bloody long time to win something & this signing players that are just good players aren't doing it if we can't spend the money we're not going to compete with the big boys


So you think young Croft should come in and start playing like Tupou, Kershaw like Johnstone , Gwadze like Huby !!!!! Etc It is not going to happen , these youngsters have been amazing but the players missing make something happen from nothing .

Have to give massive credit to Jack Croft who clearly played on at Warrington in a lot of pain due to arm injury , still gave his all .
Re: What happens now ? Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13073
Location: wakefield
cocker wrote:
So you think young Croft should come in and start playing like Tupou, Kershaw like Johnstone , Gwadze like Huby !!!!! Etc It is not going to happen , these youngsters have been amazing but the players missing make something happen from nothing .

Have to give massive credit to Jack Croft who clearly played on at Warrington in a lot of pain due to arm injury , still gave his all .


I'd also add Tom wasn't as good as Tom is now when he was Kershaw's age. Same for Tupou. He wasn't this good when he started with us.
Takes time.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: What happens now ? Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:43 am  

RWB wrote:
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm
Posts: 212
I don't think anyone was expecting the youngsters to come in and put in world class performances. They have come in and done a job, not looking out of place at this level which is a huge positive.

What is worrying is how slow we look in attack when we have our first choice 1,6,7 and 9 on the pitch. We somehow looked faster last year with Finn and Grix playing.
Re: What happens now ? Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 am  

cocker wrote:
cocker Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:48 pm
Posts: 548
Think a lot of the slowness is down to the slow ptb from the forwards .
Re: What happens now ? Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 am  

Little willy wrote:
Little willy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 am
Posts: 162
This has been a problem for a long time yet nobody in the coaching staff seems to be targeting this
Re: What happens now ? Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:42 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14347
Little willy wrote:
This has been a problem for a long time yet nobody in the coaching staff seems to be targeting this


Our handling and an effective last tackle play have been woeful this season.
One of the major plus points of having Brough in the side should be his ability to recue something from the 4/5th tackle, even if it's just getting a decent containing kick away.
I suppose with lots of changes and new players coming in, timings will always be affected but, our basic handling and passing skills have been truly awful, with balls getting passed to ground, into the crowd, having to be collected on the boot laces or above the heads of players.
This isn't acceptable at amateur level and bar the odd error, should definitely not be happening at SL level.
7/8 year olds pass the ball "anywhere" but pro players should be getting it right for the vast majority of the time.
Re: What happens now ? Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:17 pm  

User avatarFordy wrote:
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:15 am
Posts: 4892
Willzay wrote:
Last year and the year before that we looked a threat, or at least more of a threat, in the opposition’s twenty. And that was with Grix and Finn. Not sure whose coaching our attack this year, but “pass it to Fifita” shouldn’t be our only move.



I'm not sure that we did. I seem to recall that this was what everyone was moaning about last year and the year before too. Can't be arsed to look back through all the threads to find it but I reckon if I had some time to spare then I could find numerous examples of folk moaning about this exact problem.
Just because we're struggling now let's not rewrite history and pretend that it's worse now than it was last year.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.

Learn from the past, but don't live in it!
Re: What happens now ? Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:45 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13073
Location: wakefield
If you look at the highlights from the last two years we have scored spectacular and well created tries from all parts of the field.
Even this year we had the kick from Brough against the flow for Miller or the switch of attack on a training ground move that were both on TV and both lauded at the time.
It's not that we can't. We are just not getting ourselves into the position to do it.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: What happens now ? Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:15 pm  

RWB wrote:
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm
Posts: 212
I disagree, we are getting ourselves in the position to do it, we just seem to lack all attacking structure when we get near the opponents line. Hull KR and Rhinos at home were prime examples where we had lots of field position but it is happening in most games. I think with Chester in the early days we used to score a lot of long range tries. Back end of last year and early this year we relied on a spectacular finish by TJ or BT/Pauli busting their way over. Maybe it''s just me but it doesn't seem like we're creating an overlap all that often this year.

Also seem to concede from kicks a lot more than we score from them which is annoying.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big lads mate, burtonsrlfc, Cherry toffee, cheshirecat57, cocker, Egg Banjo, Emley Cat, imwakefieldtillidie, Jambon, KevW60349, Manuel, Mick Amos 9 WTW, phe13, Schunter, Slugger McBatt, STB, supercat, Teltry, The Avenger, try scorer, Wakefield City, Willzay, wtid71 and 179 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,073,0071,54478,2284,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts