WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Newmarket development

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Newmarket development

Re: Newmarket development
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:00 pm
Posted by wtid71 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:00 pm
wtid71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 234th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 444
Todays decision is so beyond the pale i'm absolutely disgusted.
To have those that spoke up removed from the planning committee and have press releases already in place has the most almighty whiff of corruption written all over it.
I cannot believe there isn't a single journalist prepared to delve further into this whole sorry debacle.
We have to have one of the most underhand and useless councils in the land. :oops:
Re: Newmarket development
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 pm
Posted by wakeytrin on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 pm
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 184
Rep Position: 101st / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
wtid71 wrote:
Todays decision is so beyond the pale i'm absolutely disgusted.
To have those that spoke up removed from the planning committee and have press releases already in place has the most almighty whiff of corruption written all over it.
I cannot believe there isn't a single journalist prepared to delve further into this whole sorry debacle.
We have to have one of the most underhand and useless councils in the land. :oops:

Twelve hours after attending the meeting and I'm still seething.
Continue to support the new stadium at Newmarket Lane.
You know it makes sense.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Newmarket development
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 pm
Posted by Sacred Cow on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 pm
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 103
Rep Position: 158th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 1890
The thing that is still bugging me just as much is why has John Miniards added a positive statement to the press release effectively justifying the councils position whilst undermining the trusts? Why is our club chairman seemingly ok with something that could be damaging for our hopes of ever getting a stadium? It would be nice to here the clubs official point of view on this as to the wider public it seems we are on board with this.
Re: Newmarket development
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 pm
Posted by TrinTrin on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 pm
TrinTrin Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 146
Rep Position: 124th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 390
As you look into the behaviour of the council & it's under handedness, Castleford ( not their fault ) were offered & therefore bought the land for their new stadium for £1.0 where as Wakey, could only have a council loan - supposed to be cheap but proven not to be !
I know there are slightly different circumstances but the principals of fairness is not equitable, especially as the council is we do much land. My point is they could have sold some land to Wakey for £1.0 & Wakey allowed to sell it to buy Belle vue, outcome the same - fairness.
Therefore my previous post & all other posts show that Box & the council are corrupt when dealing in fairness demonstrating NO CONSCIENCE & certainly hard nosed over all aspects, actions & lack of correct behaviour are louder than their rhetoric !
Re: Newmarket development
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 pm
Posted by TrinTrin on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 pm
TrinTrin Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 146
Rep Position: 124th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 390
It may well be John Miniards is trusting the word/s of the council, Sad thing is he will be miss led & let down as he will be miss led as have ALL others, I sincerely hope I am wrong but ALL who have dealt with them have been taken in big time ! They are prepared never to deliver !
Re: Newmarket development
Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 am
Posted by Fully on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 am
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 68
Rep Position: 190th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 28

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:04 pm
Posts: 8486
Droopy wrote:
This page was posted immediately after the council passed the application, a very small amount of time to create a webpage and post it online...indicates to me this was a pre determined decision before the meeting took place!


Or it indicates a press release was prepared in advance of the meeting for both scenarios - one it being passed, or it not being passed. The statements and comments are pretty vague too so much so that they could be used in either scenario.

This is what PR teams are meant to do.

It’s an absolute shambles that this has been allowed to occur, though. Council’s comment about it being a win win situation is a real smack in the face for everyone.
Image
Re: Newmarket development
Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:16 am
Posted by Fully on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:16 am
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 68
Rep Position: 190th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 28

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:04 pm
Posts: 8486
TrinTrin wrote:
As you look into the behaviour of the council & it's under handedness, Castleford ( not their fault ) were offered & therefore bought the land for their new stadium for £1.0 where as Wakey, could only have a council loan - supposed to be cheap but proven not to be !
I know there are slightly different circumstances but the principals of fairness is not equitable, especially as the council is we do much land. My point is they could have sold some land to Wakey for £1.0 & Wakey allowed to sell it to buy Belle vue, outcome the same - fairness.
Therefore my previous post & all other posts show that Box & the council are corrupt when dealing in fairness demonstrating NO CONSCIENCE & certainly hard nosed over all aspects, actions & lack of correct behaviour are louder than their rhetoric !


Incorrect. The developers have bought the land and have agreed to transfer the freehold of the land to CTRLFC for £1 once the stadium is built. It has NOT been sold by the council nor are the council involved in any way.
Image
Re: Newmarket development
Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 am
Posted by Jizzer on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 am
Jizzer User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 48
Rep Position: 210th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 683
Sacred Cow wrote:
The thing that is still bugging me just as much is why has John Miniards added a positive statement to the press release effectively justifying the councils position whilst undermining the trusts? Why is our club chairman seemingly ok with something that could be damaging for our hopes of ever getting a stadium? It would be nice to here the clubs official point of view on this as to the wider public it seems we are on board with this.



To be fair I'm not convinced the statement from John Minards came directly as a result of the outcome at the hearing, it reads to me as something he's said previously regarding the general progress of the talks and then put in context of the hearing result within the article, to put more positive spin on it from a Wakefield perspective. Unless the paper rang him immediately after the outcome for a statement (considering how fast the article was published), but he makes no direct reference to the hearing in what they've quoted.
Re: Newmarket development
Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:11 am
Posted by bren2k on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:11 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 554
Rep Position: 18th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 14969
Location: Ossett
Surely there can't be anyone who is genuinely surprised by this outcome?!

Mr Box has a long history of using these committee appointments, with their generous expense allowances, as leverage to keep his storm troopers in line; this is another example, and it was always going to go exactly the way he wanted it to.

I don't know what the relationship between WMDC and YCP is - but it's very clear that the latter have never had any intention of complying with the SoS's decision - and the former have never had any intention of enforcing it; and no amount of spirited intervention by a well-meaning group of volunteers was ever going to get in the way of their joint endeavour.

I'm a Labour party member of many years standing - I've today put in yet another official complaint about Mr Box and his antics; which will come to naught, as all the others have done.
Re: Newmarket development
Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 pm
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 127
Rep Position: 138th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 36

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5636
Location: Over there
None of us know what is being done behind the scenes. All I know is that Michael Carter is no mug, he has been very vocal in the past about broken promises, and his silence and the support of the club tells me that there are things being done that were dependent on this and are more advanced than a vague commitment. The role of TRB was, I presume, to remind them not to take the club for mugs.

I know it's difficult to trust anyone in this, but sometimes silence says more than words, as Ronan Keating once ruined.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big man 1965, bren2k, Bull Mania, coco the fullback, Dunkirk Spirit, eastardsley, FIL, FSW, homme vaste, lampyboy, little wayne69, Little willy, Mick Amos 9 WTW, normycat, Prince, RWB, steadygetyerboots-on, TheDreadnought, Trin3195, trinitystar, upthetrin92, Wakefield City, wakeytrin and 163 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,923,1321,78077,6904,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 2nd Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 15th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LONDON BRONCOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33