WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Good hiding coming.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Good hiding coming.

Re: Good hiding coming. Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 am  

Little willy wrote:
Little willy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 am
Posts: 174
You see it's just an observation I've made over the last 4 years & I've watched him very closely because of this but if I'm on my own that's fine, Chester brought him off on Boxing day for that exact reason instead of tackling he stuck a leg out & dived to make it look like he was attempting to tackle which left us without a fullback. He's Chesters backup if you like. But like I said he's a fabulous attacker & I've said this before so I'm not player bashing but he's the last line of defence & like the coach I think unless he improves his defence that's all he'll ever be. He needs some upper body strength that's plain to see & I think that's part of the problem
Re: Good hiding coming. Mon May 20, 2019 10:18 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Behind the Sticks
Little willy wrote:
You see it's just an observation I've made over the last 4 years & I've watched him very closely because of this but if I'm on my own that's fine, Chester brought him off on Boxing day for that exact reason instead of tackling he stuck a leg out & dived to make it look like he was attempting to tackle which left us without a fullback. He's Chesters backup if you like. But like I said he's a fabulous attacker & I've said this before so I'm not player bashing but he's the last line of defence & like the coach I think unless he improves his defence that's all he'll ever be. He needs some upper body strength that's plain to see & I think that's part of the problem


You could have fooled me.
I think you and I (plus several others) will have to disagree about this.
Re: Good hiding coming. Mon May 20, 2019 3:55 pm  

User avatarupthecats wrote:
upthecats User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 3548
Location: Dewsbury
Absolute load of rubbish regarding Jowitt!

How on earth can you describe that Warrington game as a debacle? He tried taking Atkins, ball and all.. who bumped him off...in full flight Atkins has done that to bigger, stronger and better defenders than Jowitt time after time so why crucify him for it? If he goes low for the legs Atkins just tips the ball onto his winger for a stroll in try...Jowitt read the situation right but it didn't come off...

As others have said...if the full back is constantly having to make one on ones then maybe it's the fault of someone in front of him?

Jowitt is a natural full back who reads the game very well...I'd argue that had he played at London quite a few of their tries wouldn't have been scored...

I like Hampshire and I like Jowitt....I think CC made a blunder at the weekend in keeping Reynolds in and leaving Jowitt out...if we could mould the two together we'd probably have the best full back in the comp on our hands....long term though I see Jowitt as full back and Hampshire in the halves...maybe when Brough calls it a day...
Image
Re: Good hiding coming. Mon May 20, 2019 4:06 pm  

phe13 wrote:
phe13 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 pm
Posts: 355
Little willy wrote:
You see it's just an observation I've made over the last 4 years & I've watched him very closely because of this but if I'm on my own that's fine, Chester brought him off on Boxing day for that exact reason instead of tackling he stuck a leg out & dived to make it look like he was attempting to tackle which left us without a fullback. He's Chesters backup if you like. But like I said he's a fabulous attacker & I've said this before so I'm not player bashing but he's the last line of defence & like the coach I think unless he improves his defence that's all he'll ever be. He needs some upper body strength that's plain to see & I think that's part of the problem


How do you know that, unless you are CC
Re: Good hiding coming. Mon May 20, 2019 4:37 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13211
Location: wakefield
I can't see why people have to prove their point by bagging the other player.
Personally I prefer Hampshire at fullback because of his speed and his attacking flair.

I like Max too. I can't remember a fullback I was more confident under a high ball for quite a while.
He is not bad in defence, he just isn't Hardaker.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Good hiding coming. Tue May 21, 2019 8:17 am  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
I do enjoy this process of putting a young player under a microscope and picking apart the minutiae of his game - arriving at the conclusion that because he's not perfect at everything, he must be crap; especially when it's peppered with faux-facts that suggest the poster knows exactly why Chester took him off in a pre-season warm-up game, that took place 6 months ago.

What a load of old $h1t - Max Jowitt is one of the best FB's we've had in recent years, and stands shoulder to shoulder alongside some of the best in SL this season - he's quick, brave, joins the attacking line really well and rarely fumbles a high ball; and his 1 on 1 defence has improved a lot - as has the team's ability to expose him to it less often. He's growing into a fine exponent of one of the most demanding positions in RL - and deserves support and credit for that.

Some genuine weirdos watch RL - I don't get it at all.
Re: Good hiding coming. Tue May 21, 2019 8:22 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1988
bren2k wrote:
I do enjoy this process of putting a young player under a microscope and picking apart the minutiae of his game - arriving at the conclusion that because he's not perfect at everything, he must be crap; especially when it's peppered with faux-facts that suggest the poster knows exactly why Chester took him off in a pre-season warm-up game, that took place 6 months ago.

What a load of old $h1t - Max Jowitt is one of the best FB's we've had in recent years, and stands shoulder to shoulder alongside some of the best in SL this season - he's quick, brave, joins the attacking line really well and rarely fumbles a high ball; and his 1 on 1 defence has improved a lot - as has the team's ability to expose him to it less often. He's growing into a fine exponent of one of the most demanding positions in RL - and deserves support and credit for that.

Some genuine weirdos watch RL - I don't get it at all.


Aye men to the last bit.
Re: Good hiding coming. Tue May 21, 2019 8:28 am  

ball-in-hand wrote:
ball-in-hand Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:47 pm
Posts: 477
Just a reminder to those bagging Jowitt...he didn't let any tries in on Saturday. We lost because the whole team defended poorly. .. but on the subject of plastic pitches I would ban them . They are an unfair advantage because most teams never get to train on them
If I was short sighted I could become a referee!
Re: Good hiding coming. Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1988
I'll add something to this debate.

In just a few games we lost first in Tupou, TJ and Ashurst one of the best attacking edges in SL, either left or right. Then in just one horrific game we lost our 'brains' in Miller, Wood and Brough. It was like some dreadful computer crash. Yes there were back ups and they did ok but they were not the full application.

You tell me any team who could withstand that and who's playing performances would not drop! We ought to be grateful that we didn't go into meltdown and actually salvaged 4 points from the ordeal, most others would have. Even the mighty Saints would have felt what we have endured.

As many have pointed out its the quality not the quantity that has stuffed us. By quality I mean key players rather than workers, pivots as JK called them.

Now the brains at least are slowly returning and maybe some of the great left edge, so let's start judging what a more fully functional Trinity can do.
Re: Good hiding coming. Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 am  

User avatarFordy wrote:
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:15 am
Posts: 4906
PopTart wrote:
I can't see why people have to prove their point by bagging the other player.
Personally I prefer Hampshire at fullback because of his speed and his attacking flair.

I like Max too. I can't remember a fullback I was more confident under a high ball for quite a while.
He is not bad in defence, he just isn't Hardaker.



You say that like it's a bad thing, but I am very grateful he's not Hardaker!!

Personally I prefer Max at fullback, he's safe as houses and whilst not quite as quick or as creative he is certainly no slouch and he knows when to back up and come into the line.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coco the fullback, upthecats and 72 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,58354878,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X