WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Signing
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 am
Posted by bellycouldtackle on Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 am
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 122
Rep Position: 182nd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:46 am
Posts: 1998
Location: wakefield
Top bit of work by MC and his colleagues,
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 9:00 am
Posted by BarnsleyGull on Wed May 15, 2019 9:00 am
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 182
Rep Position: 138th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 472
Location: Behind the Sticks
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
We appear to base our opinion on PP because of one performance and criticism. To make it acceptable to some we suggest he may be a problem off the field. We forget that not that long ago he played 76 minutes. I watched him against Widnes, I don’t remember him missing any tackles and in return was difficult to actually tackle.
I would say let’s not get carried away and take it in face value we needed a centre and we needed PP to get game time. If he had a problem we would not have signed him again last season.


Agree with this great post.
Obviously it’s PP bashing week following on from JC and others.
The other thing to remember is that - as another poster has mentioned - about a family thing.
Hope - well know - he will come back better.
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 9:45 am
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Wed May 15, 2019 9:45 am
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 179
Rep Position: 140th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 36

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5747
Location: Over there
Yes, PP needs more minutes, but I don't get this bagging him because he's not bursting through the line like Big Dave does. Surely the point of PP is that it takes three or four to bring him down, which clusters the defence around him, which creates gaps out wide. For me, it's about the other players being able to get it to the opposite flank once he's been down his. At that, he is extremely effective. It would just be great if he could do it for longer, which this swap might give him the chance for.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 10:24 am
Posted by Little willy on Wed May 15, 2019 10:24 am
Little willy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 243rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 am
Posts: 113
PP could have got more game time but it looks like his attitude wasn't right. Maybe it will work out for him at Salford & might respond to their regime.
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am
Posted by Kettykat on Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am
Kettykat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 154
Rep Position: 158th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 390
Don’t think many on here are disputing his go forward ,and I haven’t a clue as to his of field life ,but when you see a hulking giant pawing at opposition and been brushed aside ,call it what you want but it’s not good enough .The difference as I see it between JC and Pauli is JC give 100% which everyone can see ,Pauli in my eyes is around the 50% and only he know why he not snapping opposing players in two.
That’s not bagging a player that’s calling a spade a spade and that’s what I thought this forum was all about whether it grates on some or not .
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Wed May 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 179
Rep Position: 140th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 36

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5747
Location: Over there
Kettykat wrote:
Don’t think many on here are disputing his go forward ,and I haven’t a clue as to his of field life ,but when you see a hulking giant pawing at opposition and been brushed aside ,call it what you want but it’s not good enough .The difference as I see it between JC and Pauli is JC give 100% which everyone can see ,Pauli in my eyes is around the 50% and only he know why he not snapping opposing players in two.
That’s not bagging a player that’s calling a spade a spade and that’s what I thought this forum was all about whether it grates on some or not .


He comes across as a laidback character, which might explain a lot of perceptions. If he had real snarl about him, then yes, he would be scattering defenders like skittles, but that isn't in his personal make-up, I expect. But if he had that, he'd still be in the NRL, in the same way that Dave Taylor would have been if he could have kept off the ale. We can only work with what he is, which is a laidback guy who has rugby attributes, and let him play to whatever strengths he has. If that means merely clustering the defence around him, then that's what he brings, and does it well. The desire appears to be to let him have more game time.

But if we expect him to be as destructive as his size demands, he wouldn't be in Wakefield. He'd still be in Newcastle.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 1:10 pm
Posted by Kettykat on Wed May 15, 2019 1:10 pm
Kettykat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 154
Rep Position: 158th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 390
Slugger McBatt wrote:
He comes across as a laidback character, which might explain a lot of perceptions. If he had real snarl about him, then yes, he would be scattering defenders like skittles, but that isn't in his personal make-up, I expect. But if he had that, he'd still be in the NRL, in the same way that Dave Taylor would have been if he could have kept off the ale. We can only work with what he is, which is a laidback guy who has rugby attributes, and let him play to whatever strengths he has. If that means merely clustering the defence around him, then that's what he brings, and does it well. The desire appears to be to let him have more game time.

But if we expect him to be as destructive as his size demands, he wouldn't be in Wakefield. He'd still be in Newcastle.

Yes your right he is a laidback amiable type of guy, I just feel he has a lot more to give than he is showing at the present time ,and hope it was not construed as an attack on the person just the playing style.
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Posted by Scarlet Pimpernell on Wed May 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 110
Rep Position: 193rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 1298
Did he not receive cautions for running in during confrontations on the field.
Re: New Signing
Post Wed May 15, 2019 2:54 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Wed May 15, 2019 2:54 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 367
Rep Position: 60th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 5340
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Did he not receive cautions for running in during confrontations on the field.

Yeah he did, against Wigan in the dying seconds got a yellow for running in and pushing someone, much to do about nothing . It was that game where a few of our players got injured and tempers started to get lost.
Re: New Signing
Post Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 am
Posted by newgroundb4cas on Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 am
newgroundb4cas User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 85
Rep Position: 217th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 5179
Location: Usually at KFC
Some of these comments on here are laughable Pauli runs it in like my gran he's 6foot6 20 stone he's been pathetic for 2 month bone idle good swap in my opinion. The Pauli with 6 games to go of last year where is he? Been a waste of a shirt this season the big man needs to toughen up and rip in. Those who disagree don't go to the games unfortunately
Image
UP THE TRIN !!!!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cats13, coco the fullback, Kirmudgeonly, Mable_Syrup and 137 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,978,3271,46677,8894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 17th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33