Priority?
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 am
Fishermanscap Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 224th / 77,595

Quiz Score: 0

Is it me but I do find it odd that we are putting so much kudos into beating Cas when in my opinion at least we have a more important game and more winnable game a few days later.

I suppose it shows just how far Leeds have fallen but in the past this would have been the bigger game.

I personally think it still is. I’d much rather beat Leeds at home than Cas away. For me home wins are the ones that really matter. Obviously both would be great but it’s a big ask with the injuries we have.

If I were coach and thankfully I’m not I’d not risk Wood or Lyne tomorrow if there is any doubt. I know the logic of taking it a game at a time and putting your strongest team out and if they are fit then fine but I’d rather both players be 100% for Leeds than 95% for Cas.

If I were to throw it all into one game I’d choose Leeds and just have a good go at Cas with what we have and see if we can win it anyway. I’m probably totally wrong but if nothing else I’ve reminded everyone we have two big games this Easter :D
Re: Priority?
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 am
Posted by RWB on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 am
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 217th / 77,595

Quiz Score: 4

Each game is worth 2 points so see neither as more important than the other tbh. Only reason i would say cas would be nicer to win is to break the curse they seem to have over us at the minute and also they look more like a rival for the top 5.

Both winnable so we should put our strongest team out where we can. There are no games this squad should be going into and thinking it is a write off/the next game is more important.
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:52 am
Posted by ricardo07 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:52 am
ricardo07 User avatar

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 160th / 77,595

Win both games should be the priority!

Dont like the idea of prioritising one game over another.

Besides nobody ever tells the other team to lie down and roll over

Win them both and then look at the league table with pride
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:00 am
Posted by Mr Bliss on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:00 am
Mr Bliss User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 193rd / 77,595

It is great beating Wigan and so close against Warrington but if we win a couple of games a year it is always ‘nice’ to beat Cas n Leeds.

Especially as we haven’t beat Cas for yonks
Fear: The best insurance money can buy.
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 am
Posted by snowie on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 539
Rep Position: 13th / 77,595

Quiz Score: 232

at present I'd say cas game is the stronger option between the two with their reduced squad, that cup win would of done great confidence to the Leeds team
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 am
Posted by acko on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 am
acko User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 208th / 77,595

You should always try to field your strongest team for the 1st game unless someone as a niggle then fair enough save them for the second game,Get through the first game then see what's body's we have left fit for the second game and try again.
We are TRINITY's barmy army.

SWFC the owls are coming for you
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm
Posted by PopTart on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 590
Rep Position: 8th / 77,595

Always play the next game first.
Strongest fit team plays.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm
Fishermanscap Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 224th / 77,595

PopTart wrote:
Always play the next game first.
Strongest fit team plays.

That's partly the question I was asking. Do you play a not totally fit Wood for example or save hime for Leeds when he will be totally fit. It's hypothetical as none of us know and I assume CC doe but I'm interested in what people think FWIW.

The other that worries me a little is that we the supporters seem to have become transfixed by this game and breaking the cycle and thus willing to go for broke, when imho the Leeds game to my eyes is more winnable and as a home game more important to win.

Personally I'm not convinced by the next game first thing but I get the point, however there has to be an element of thinking ahead. Obviously once on the pitch then that game is all that matter. Anyway its just a bit of debate and pure speculation on my part but I for one won't be too upset if we get 2 from 4 points over Easter and if I had yo choose I'd chose Leeds even though I'm as desperate to skin Cas as anyone else but I'll happily wait for them to visit BV to do it.

Anyway I'm waffling now, good luck to the lads in both games :DANCE:
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 788
Rep Position: 4th / 77,595

Both games are important but, if we want to compete at the top of the league, it's more important to take points of the clubs at the top, which, for now, doesn't include Leeds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 more wins over Easter would be unbelievable and would really allow us genuinely make a push for a play off spot.

Having said that, it's going to be a tight old league and I still believe that ANY side, with the possible exception of London, who I think may start to feel the strain of playing in the big league, can still make the play offs,

It's all about grinding out the wins.
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm
Posted by PopTart on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 590
Rep Position: 8th / 77,595

Fishermanscap wrote:
That's partly the question I was asking. Do you play a not totally fit Wood for example or save hime for Leeds when he will be totally fit. It's hypothetical as none of us know and I assume CC doe but I'm interested in what people think FWIW.

The other that worries me a little is that we the supporters seem to have become transfixed by this game and breaking the cycle and thus willing to go for broke, when imho the Leeds game to my eyes is more winnable and as a home game more important to win.

Personally I'm not convinced by the next game first thing but I get the point, however there has to be an element of thinking ahead. Obviously once on the pitch then that game is all that matter. Anyway its just a bit of debate and pure speculation on my part but I for one won't be too upset if we get 2 from 4 points over Easter and if I had yo choose I'd chose Leeds even though I'm as desperate to skin Cas as anyone else but I'll happily wait for them to visit BV to do it.

Anyway I'm waffling now, good luck to the lads in both games :DANCE:

Fair point.
I wouldn't go at Cas at all costs.
If they are not fit they shouldn't play.
But if Wood would be fit for Leeds he can't be far off for Cas so 95% is good enough. If he's 50-50 then I'd rest him.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Next