WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Neil Fox Statue - to plan for ?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Neil Fox Statue - to plan for ?

Neil Fox Statue - to plan for ?
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:41 am
Posted by TrinTrin on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:41 am
TrinTrin Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 132nd / 77,792

Quiz Score: 0

Hi all Trinity fans, is now the time for the club & or supporters club, or trust, to start a fund to raise capital to pay for a statue to commemorate Neil + the world's record points scorer. Fund raising takes a while & we are starting to know our ground home, however if we were ever to move the statue can be moved. Time is short now & I think it would be great for Neil to see it done & in place !
There needs to be some thought to location regarding several issues, mainly security on preventing theft from metal theives, prevention of bird fouling, size & height, is/would, high grade stainless steel be best regarding no corrosion, easy future cleaning ? -- location & security to also prevent graffiti ? Therefore, the status to be on a revolving platter base which turns out for match days etc but turns in for over night when no one is in/at the ground ? Neil's roll of honour could be on the reverse side cut into the stone/concrete, reverse side as well !
Any thoughts guys, by the way, up the Trin !
Re: Neil Fox Statue - to plan for ?
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:55 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:55 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 377
Rep Position: 49th / 77,792

TrinTrin wrote:
Hi all Trinity fans, is now the time for the club & or supporters club, or trust, to start a fund to raise capital to pay for a statue to commemorate Neil + the world's record points scorer. Fund raising takes a while & we are starting to know our ground home, however if we were ever to move the statue can be moved. Time is short now & I think it would be great for Neil to see it done & in place !
There needs to be some thought to location regarding several issues, mainly security on preventing theft from metal theives, prevention of bird fouling, size & height, is/would, high grade stainless steel be best regarding no corrosion, easy future cleaning ? -- location & security to also prevent graffiti ? Therefore, the status to be on a revolving platter base which turns out for match days etc but turns in for over night when no one is in/at the ground ? Neil's roll of honour could be on the reverse side cut into the stone/concrete, reverse side as well !

What do you reckon the cost of all that then?
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:55 am
Posted by BOJ042 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:55 am
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 222
Rep Position: 101st / 77,792

i agree.

be good to have a statue at the unveiling of the new improved bell vue.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 am
Posted by snowie on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 672
Rep Position: 15th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 232

TrinTrin wrote:
don't know how you could get to use stainless steel in replicating a decent statue that resemble Neil other than casting it and that would be better done in bronze,
I've worked on a the Sheffield phoenix statue after it required repairing because of fatigue due to wind damage https://public-art.shu.ac.uk/sheffield/bay363im.html and it wasn't easy to work on due to the weight and flimsy nature of the structure
if there was one to be made of I'm sure either bronze or granite would be the best to work with
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:27 am
Posted by snowie on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:27 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 672
Rep Position: 15th / 77,792

Quiz Score: 232

Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
What do you reckon the cost of all that then?
some prices here on bronze castings
https://www.blackcountrymetalworks.co.u ... gJRevD_BwE

some intricate work done on some of these
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 am
Posted by bren2k on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 591
Rep Position: 18th / 77,792

TrinTrin wrote:

It's a lovely idea - but I reckon we'll need to fund the complete rebuild of BV first - because you can bet your ar$e that no one else will.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 377
Rep Position: 49th / 77,792

bren2k wrote:
It's a lovely idea - but I reckon we'll need to fund the complete rebuild of BV first - because you can bet your ar$e that no one else will.

It's possible though that fundraising separately and independently for a Neil Fox tribute might attract a lot more neutrals across the RL community especially as no Yorkshire RL player was selected for the Wembley one.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 am
Posted by musson on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 am
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 173
Rep Position: 131st / 77,792

Quiz Score: 28

This would be amazing
I've always hoped one day we'd have an updated ground and a statue of the fox brothers would be the icing on the cake for me at the entrance
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:56 am
Posted by Trinity 61 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:56 am
Trinity 61 User avatar

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 280th / 77,792

I seem to remember going to a fundraising do in Walton a while back. What happened to the revenue from that and other ones that occured?
Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:05 pm
Posted by Miro on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:05 pm
Miro User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 258th / 77,792

A statue was designed and a couple of miniatures cast, bronze I think, with Neil in try scoring mode at Wembley and I know Neil has one of these. These were designed as a pre cursor to the large statue destined for Newmarket.
Next