WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hampshire v Williams

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Hampshire v Williams

Re: Hampshire v Williams Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:38 am  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I can't get on board with an attitude that makes you happy to report back that a young player is faltering, just to prove yourself right - it's churlish at best.

Richardson is, without a doubt, a very talented young player - the why's and wherefore's of what he does this season are between him and his coach, but I have no doubt that he'll be back in the Saints lineup and will have a great career. It could be argued that they're actually managing him very well by letting him develop out of the spotlight for a while - because there are plenty of examples of it being done the other way, and going badly wrong.

Bigger picture - we have a severe shortage of these types of players in the UK, because the junior game is a) like the Wild West b) places no significant value on a small lad with silky skills and c) is run by enthusiastic dads with no real coaching pedigree; by the time a kid is spotted and starts training with a pro academy, there's a lot of uncoaching to do before the actual coaching can begin.
Re: Hampshire v Williams Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:53 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bren2k wrote:
I can't get on board with an attitude that makes you happy to report back that a young player is faltering, just to prove yourself right - it's churlish at best.

Richardson is, without a doubt, a very talented young player - the why's and wherefore's of what he does this season are between him and his coach, but I have no doubt that he'll be back in the Saints lineup and will have a great career. It could be argued that they're actually managing him very well by letting him develop out of the spotlight for a while - because there are plenty of examples of it being done the other way, and going badly wrong.

Bigger picture - we have a severe shortage of these types of players in the UK, because the junior game is a) like the Wild West b) places no significant value on a small lad with silky skills and c) is run by enthusiastic dads with no real coaching pedigree; by the time a kid is spotted and starts training with a pro academy, there's a lot of uncoaching to do before the actual coaching can begin.

Get a grip and stop throwing out personal insults because you got it wrong, some posters on here were calling for him to play for England last year, I am not basking in the glory of a young player faltering at all, I simply pointed out from day 1 that he was going to be a victim of been over hyped and currently was no better than Hampshire, he played in a fantastic side last season yet brought very little to that side.
Previous