Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:48 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:48 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 274
Rep Position: 48th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Poching was with us for the start of our 1st Super League campaign as I remember him being man of the match in a pre season friendly at home to Batley. He had played against us for Hunslet in our promotion season the year before.
Regardless of who he played alongside I rate him for who he played against. Regularly stood out against many of the top sides. His hit on Sean Long at home v Saints will remain in my memory for ever. Long in a heap, Willie picks the loose ball up and scoots between the sticks. Very similar to Mike Lampkowski.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Re: Michael Monaghan
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 am
Posted by vastman on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 921
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,614

Lockers700 wrote:
Don’t know why we are bagging a guy that was a good servant to the club during his stay. I recall him speaking passionately about the club when he received an award at the end of his last season at the club, I think Harbin was still with us & he said Poching had played that year whilst needing an op for a double hernia! Poching said after he left that he thought he’d see his career out at Wakey, but the offer from Leeds came out of the blue & was too good to turn down. Adrian Vowles also signed for Leeds at that time & I suspect he loved his time at Cas but also couldn’t refuse the lure of Headingley.

Anyway if Chester wants him at the club I’m cool with that, if not & I’m presuming Poching still lives in Wakey then perhaps they just enjoy drinking latte together?

It's not bagging it's a fact - Poching did not hang around. He was a good player and a good coach apparantly but this idea that he was a loyal servent to the club is a myth. Poching looked after himself which is fine because that's what most of us do, it's only when we try and claim more that I get annoyed which isn't Pochings fault.

If you want loyalty look at TJ or Fifita, both could have taken the coin ages ago but for whatever reason decided to stay. If loyalty exists in RL any more these are better example imo.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Michael Monaghan
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:18 am
Posted by Lockers700 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:18 am
Lockers700 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 184th / 77,614

vastman wrote:
It's not bagging it's a fact - Poching did not hang around. He was a good player and a good coach apparantly but this idea that he was a loyal servent to the club is a myth. Poching looked after himself which is fine because that's what most of us do, it's only when we try and claim more that I get annoyed which isn't Pochings fault.

If you want loyalty look at TJ or Fifita, both could have taken the coin ages ago but for whatever reason decided to stay. If loyalty exists in RL any more these are better example imo.

He didn’t hang around, I never said he did, he accepted an offer that was too good to turn down. He’s a professional sportsmen with no ties to the club. Players who have been developed by clubs since they were kids are the kind I would like to see some loyalty shown by. Anyway I never said he was a loyal servant, I said he was a good servant during his time at the club

The club is in a much better position now, thus it’s easier to be loyal. They’d have both probably been flogged back then anyway!

For the record before you bag me, I think it’s great that TJ & Fifita are still with us as well as all the other players we have retained, but even though I’m sure they are both great guys, it’s been easier due to the structure put in place by Mr Carter.
Previous