Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 am
Posted by WakeyTrin1873 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 am
WakeyTrin1873 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 56
Rep Position: 245th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

vastman wrote:
Sorry but that has to be one of the silliest statements ever and one that sadly gets repeated relentlessly on here and is nearly always proved wrong - when will folk ever learn.

For a start most of our team had that tag when they arrived. We love players like Ashurst, Lyne, England, Woody, Finn etc etc but that was exactly as they were described on here, even Dream Team Kirmond copped for that.

For Reynolds to get as far as he has he must have some potential else he’d have disappeared long ago. Like most players all he needs is the right club and the right teammates but hey let’s write him off with trite statements about being ‘Championship’ standard.

Danny Brough was a Championship player for a long time as was Finn and they turned out pretty good in the end - like every player we sign it’s a clean slate for me.

Lol I reckon there have been sillier statements? Especially to say Reynolds has spent the majority of his career in the championship, hasn’t been signed by anyone else, if he was SL quality would he not have been snapped up weeks ago during the Leigh crisis?
Re: Interesting link
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am
Posted by ball-in-hand on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am
ball-in-hand Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 249th / 77,850

Sacred Cow wrote:
Not a signing that will put bums on seats but he’s still young and has a decent kicking game. Certainly worth a go as i doubt he’ll cost the earth.

He has got terrible hair though.

We must be scraping the barrell if we have started signing players with terrible hair ! Who next Josh Charnley ?
If I was short sighted I could become a referee!
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:57 am
Posted by vastman on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:57 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 956
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,850

ball-in-hand wrote:
We must be scraping the barrell if we have started signing players with terrible hair ! Who next Josh Charnley ?

Worked OK for Cas with Luke Gale but then nobody in Was would spot bad hair anyway.
Last edited by vastman on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 pm
Posted by vastman on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 956
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,850

WakeyTrin1873 wrote:
Lol I reckon there have been sillier statements? Especially to say Reynolds has spent the majority of his career in the championship, hasn’t been signed by anyone else, if he was SL quality would he not have been snapped up weeks ago during the Leigh crisis?

OK.

'Especially to say Reynolds has spent the majority of his career in the championship,'....so?

'hasn’t been signed by anyone else'....so by your logic if he hasn't been signed by anyone else then he can't be any good which effectively means we can't sign a player because if they were any good they would have signed elsewhere, there is no logic in your comment.

'if he was SL quality'...that my friend is the risk you take, even with players who allegedly are SL/NRL quality, you'll have to wait and see.

'would he not have been snapped up weeks ago during the Leigh crisis?'...he was, by us, many weeks ago I suspect.

HTH
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 pm
Posted by PopTart on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 951
Rep Position: 4th / 77,850

No one can say how he'll work out for us as we have no real Super League level base line.
But I look forward to finding out.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 176
Rep Position: 142nd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 36

Danny Brough has had some shocking haircuts. Luke Gale was best before his transplant. I no longer use it as a guide to ability.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Posted by Upanunder on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Upanunder User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 219
Rep Position: 118th / 77,850

Sacred Cow wrote:

He has got terrible hair though.

:shock:

don't say that

he loves his hair

just act like you didn't notice
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 pm
Posted by try scorer on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 pm
try scorer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 286th / 77,850

Think ive said it before but il repeat clever rugby player , lacks pace and soft folk wondering why he hasnt been signed by super league there it is just a word for vastman if your soft you wont go far at ever level
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:06 pm
Posted by Trinity1315 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:06 pm
Trinity1315 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 139
Rep Position: 169th / 77,850

vastman wrote:
OK.

'Especially to say Reynolds has spent the majority of his career in the championship,'....so?

'hasn’t been signed by anyone else'....so by your logic if he hasn't been signed by anyone else then he can't be any good which effectively means we can't sign a player because if they were any good they would have signed elsewhere, there is no logic in your comment.

'if he was SL quality'...that my friend is the risk you take, even with players who allegedly are SL/NRL quality, you'll have to wait and see.

'would he not have been snapped up weeks ago during the Leigh crisis?'...he was, by us, many weeks ago I suspect.
HTH

Nice to see you back on here Vasty - been a bit dull while you were away! :)
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 363
Rep Position: 63rd / 77,850

If we have signed Ryan, Reynolds is the type of player that could potentially do a job for us as back up. We haven't any Quota places so we're looking generally at back up halves at other SL teams for the role or Championship clubs, so it's slim pickings tbh.

I think it's been mentioned but Finn did many a season down there and was considered far too slow as well as poor defensively etc by many to make it but turned into a quality half till age caught up. So many players get plucked from the level below and they suddenly turn into quality SL players, we've done it many times over the years, currently, Cas have bought quite a few from that league and turned them into very good players in that professional environment.
PreviousNext