u RLFANS.COM - Rocky - Stick or twist WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rocky - Stick or twist

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Rocky - Stick or twist

Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:59 pm
Posted by LyndsayGill on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:59 pm
LyndsayGill User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 132
Rep Position: 195th / 77,983

Quiz Score: 284

wakey warrior wrote:
If we can't afford the really good players what are we doing playing in Super league surely we have got to have ambition we're not going to be a top four side if we haven't got the good players. It seems like we're just playing really to be a mid to lower team in super league & hope we get some poor teams in the Challenge cup so we have a chance of some silverware. Sometimes just sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

We've speculated and not accumulated a few times in the past and look where that got us. Until the people of Wakefield come through the turnstiles in greater numbers the club will always be fighting with one hand tied behind their back.
The mind is like a parachute. If it's not open it won't work. - Frank Zappa
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm
Posted by vastman on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 959
Rep Position: 5th / 77,983

Quiz Score: 0

wakey warrior wrote:
If we can't afford the really good players what are we doing playing in Super league surely we have got to have ambition we're not going to be a top four side if we haven't got the good players. It seems like we're just playing really to be a mid to lower team in super league & hope we get some poor teams in the Challenge cup so we have a chance of some silverware. Sometimes just sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

That’s not the issue here. Surely by signing long term players like TJ and Batch we have proved we will invest. The issue here seems to be the theory that the player or his agent values the player higher than the club does. It not about ambition a lack of ambition it’s simply a case of why would you pay any player more than you think he’s worth? There has to be a limit with every player where you just think there is better out ther for that kind of cash.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:22 pm
Posted by wakey warrior on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:22 pm
wakey warrior Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 307th / 77,983

vastman wrote:
That’s not the issue here. Surely by signing long term players like TJ and Batch we have proved we will invest. The issue here seems to be the theory that the player or his agent values the player higher than the club does. It not about ambition a lack of ambition it’s simply a case of why would you pay any player more than you think he’s worth? There has to be a limit with every player where you just think there is better out ther for that kind of cash.

I agree but what I'm saying is that one player could or might be the spark that gets us into the top four & competing for silverware I think that's all we're missing but I'm worried we won't/can't spend the money to get him
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 187
Rep Position: 152nd / 77,983

Quiz Score: 36

wakey warrior wrote:
I agree but what I'm saying is that one player could or might be the spark that gets us into the top four & competing for silverware I think that's all we're missing but I'm worried we won't/can't spend the money to get him

In a physical sport like rugby league, you can't put all your eggs in one basket. One superstar and you can't afford the other decent players, and you are one injury from a disastrous season.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 pm
Posted by wakey warrior on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 pm
wakey warrior Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 307th / 77,983

I agree with that too so what's the answer not try anything?
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:03 pm
Posted by Kettykat on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:03 pm
Kettykat User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 161
Rep Position: 171st / 77,983

The answer short term for me is sort these sloppy plays out that sadly we are still doing even at this late stage of the season . Fitness wise we can keep pace with the best teams is those little things in the game that were missing, Don’t know if that’s a player thing or a coaching thing .when it all drops into place we beat the best , when it doesn’t we struggle.
We’re not far off and we have the playing roster , it’s the little bits we’re not doing right that are coming back to bite us time and again
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:00 pm
Posted by Willzay on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:00 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 837
Rep Position: 10th / 77,983

wakey warrior wrote:

That isn't obvious, at all. :roll:

What are half the sides in SL doing in SL then?
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 pm
Posted by chissitt on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 122
Rep Position: 205th / 77,983

Quiz Score: 404

thepimp007 wrote:
but if he is demanding massive money on the back of a couple of top drawer games it says more about him or his agent than it does his talent. He always seems from the outer to be making demands such as half back or nothing at Wigan, big money from Wakey, without actually justifying it totally. I hope he turns out to develop to be top class as we need as much competition at international level as possible in the halves. Got to admit though I assume his agent won't help, seems a very egotistical man. He also showed the same trait with Jack Walker making him demand to be a full back at Leeds rather than develop as a player

There's the crux of the matter, is he is demanding massive money on the top of a couple of top draw games, you don't watch Wakey and no nothing of his wage demands but your perception of him is that he seems to be holding out for an unrealistic contract out of greed, could it just be that he's asking for a reasonable contract in line with some of the lesser earners at the club and not wanting anything like the figures some people would have you believe, btw who is his agent?
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 pm
Posted by Willzay on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 837
Rep Position: 10th / 77,983

Slugger McBatt wrote:
In a physical sport like rugby league, you can't put all your eggs in one basket. One superstar and you can't afford the other decent players, and you are one injury from a disastrous season.

Indeed. In football, if Crystal Palace lost Wilfred Zaha for the season, they'd be royally fecked.
Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:27 pm
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:27 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 187
Rep Position: 152nd / 77,983

Quiz Score: 36

wakey warrior wrote:
I agree with that too so what's the answer not try anything?

You assemble a squad of decent players, with some depth, who all work hard for each other. Like we have.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
PreviousNext